• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

SkyBlock

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
You would have to find a smile chunk on your island, chunks have a 1/10 chance of being a smile chunk in a world. You have to be below level 40 OR if you are able to. Make the skyblock biome Swamp; the factor here is that it depends on the moon phase and level.
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Slime

To make an iron golem farm search on on YouTube "NimsTV iron farm" you can aquire 2 villager spawn eggs at spawn for 1 ghast tear on the general shop 2 villager

Hope this helps! :)

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
Also I built a mob grinder on sky block and the mobs aren't spawning, the only spawn when I get near it
Things will only work when you are near them because the chunks have to be loaded. Therefor when you are around them, your loading the chunks.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I'm not sure what they did with the update, but before the update slimes used to spawn anywhere below 30, if there are full blocks or slabs on the top half of a block (if you get what I mean by that). The area needs to be high enough for the biggest slimes to fit, and they'll spawn :p I'm still not sure so correct me if I'm wrong, I never had a slime farm I always used my friends'..

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
I'm not sure what they did with the update, but before the update slimes used to spawn anywhere below 30, if there are full blocks or slabs on the top half of a block (if you get what I mean by that). The area needs to be high enough for the biggest slimes to fit, and they'll spawn :p I'm still not sure so correct me if I'm wrong, I never had a slime farm I always used my friends'..
Slimes always spawn below Y:40 in a slime chunk. The chances of a slime chunk being in a chunk is 1/10 (Pretty sure) meaning it can be quite hard to get some. Though with the Skyblock perimeters being 104x104 there shouldn't be much trouble finding one. It's as simple as going onto the official Minecraft wiki to look for this stuff :p

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Slimes always spawn below Y:40 in a slime chunk. The chances of a slime chunk being in a chunk is 1/10 (Pretty sure) meaning it can be quite hard to get some. Though with the Skyblock perimeters being 104x104 there shouldn't be much trouble finding one. It's as simple as going onto the official Minecraft wiki to look for this stuff :p
Lol okay thanks :p