• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Skyblock Skyblock Suggestions

_Bach_

Retired Staff
So, skyblock is my big thing on HHG. I probably play it 4-5 hours daily (slightly addicted :3)
Anyway, I had a few thoughts on things that might be good to add in to the skyblock realm

~ Place a number before each person's name depending on their island's rank [Assuming they are ranked] (for example: "5 Minecraft123" is a user who has the 5th place island)
~ An alternate suggestion is that the player is given a special notation of some sort depending on the level of challenges they have completed (ex- "skylord", "master", "medium", etc). This would just provide a cool check on how other skyblockers were coming along in their challenges :)
~ Allow custom messages when you arrive at an island. About a year ago, I was playing on a server that allowed you to pay a small fee to have access to a custom message when someone entered your area. (for example: "Welcome BachVonLocke to my skyblock! Message me for today's trade deals!)
~ Add some more villager trades at spawn. I realize that the staff are working on fixing the villager AI, but some cool trades would be fun at spawn. I think adding a villager who would accept nether items (like nether brick, nether fence, gold nuggets, magma cream, etc) would be cool!
~ There is a small glitch where someone can set their home on someone else's island. This happened to me yesterday, when a new skyblocker visited my island, and accidentally set their home there. Took us about 10 minutes to finally sort out. So, not allowing non-members of an island to set their home somewhere besides their island would be awesome :)

Thanks for an amazing gamemode :D
I thoroughly enjoy it and hope to see it continued for a long, long time :)

SAFollis

Trusted Member
124851487347 SomeNoobWhoJustJoined> Yay I'm in 124851487347th place :D

xD Lol maybe only for top 1000 for the name before.

Yeah that'd be cool, but it'd be even more spam (They removed suffix because there was chat like this: [Faction name][Rank]Name I_AM_THE_BATMAN_MUAHAHA> Message
Sure it wouldn't have all of that xD But it would still add a bit more spam and make it harder to read.

Yeah that'd be cool, but it should cost resources not money.

Nether items are really easy to get. Smelt netherrack, get netherbrick. Put 4 netherbrick together get a netherbrick block.

Yeah, but /is home is supposed to be wherever you want it to be. /is warp [Name] should always bring you to your island.

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
Oh my, wall of text.

1) Maybe but, that would cause a lot of competition and slight spam. Do you not have permission for /skyblock top? (I think that's the command)
2) wat
3, 4, 5) Skyblock is in beta (lol) so expect more fixes, updates, etc coming soon.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
1. /is top displays the top islands. I just thought for the RANKED members (top 10) they could have a #
2. Just a simple message someone can write when you arrive (have a 60 character limit maybe). They could set it to spam (as SAFollis siad), but they'd only be hurting themselves. People wouldn't wanna visit their island
3. SAFollis Nether items are easy to get, but so are a lot of other items in game-Obsidian actually takes a little while, so the nether isn't unlocked till maybe day 3-4. Some trades involve carrots and bonemeal, so I dont think "those items are easy to get" is a valid reason not to have the shop :)
4. /is home is SUPPOSED to be your island, but you can glitch it apparently. Just putting it out there so the admins know it can happen :p

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
1- Sorry but as people said, that would cause a lot of Spam i n chat and a lot of competition in the Sky Block server, I can't add it.
2- Sorry but adding even more prefixes to actual chat will cause a lot of spam and confusion between players who think that there are new vip ranks or buy-able ranks at the store, when that's not the case...
3- I like that feature! I'll indeed add it soon!
4- The Villagers at spawn already cover a way to get ALL MINECRAFT BLOCKS, so more aren't needed. However, don't worry because player-owned shops will be released soon! :D
5- WHAT? When I do /island sethome somewhere outside my island it says me this: http://gyazo.com/278fb158cfcb09de7f0149bddcf43379
How did you manage to do it yourself???

_Bach_

Retired Staff
1. Makes sense :) Don't wanna add spam or anything to chat. :p
2. That makes sense... with the ranks already, it'd be hard to have more.
3. Awesome :D
4. Sounds great!
5. IDk... I didn't do it, someone else did it on my island... I think they didn't have an island already, but IDK...

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
5. IDk... I didn't do it, someone else did it on my island... I think they didn't have an island already, but IDK...
Are you sure they didnt just do /Island warp? Because im not sure if it's even possible to do that...

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Every time I typed /is warp <players name>, I landed on one of MY beacons, even when they were on their island.
It hasn't happened again, so it may have been a one time quirk. If it happens again, I'll try screenshotting it or recording to we can figure out what's going on :)