• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global PVP Tournament

Should a tournament be made?

• Yes

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenguinPeople

Wouldn't approve of a KitPVP tournament if I had a say in it.

Too many players Hack and abuse Minecraft in anyway they possibly can. Honestly, I'd think players would need to be approved of in advance before they could enter such a tournament.
It's almost like we have a hacking problem and the mods and staff should do something about it? Not just canceling stuff for fear of hackers.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Wouldn't approve of a KitPVP tournament if I had a say in it.

Too many players Hack and abuse Minecraft in anyway they possibly can. Honestly, I'd think players would need to be approved of in advance before they could enter such a tournament.
Yet Gabe I bet you would back an SG tournament, and SG will literally have exactly the same problem. This is why my pvp tournament actually made sense, cause I had a way to get round it, but nope.
It's almost like we have a hacking problem and the mods and staff should do something about it? Not just canceling stuff for fear of hackers.
Considering I thought you were an idiot a first I'm glad you're actually proving me wrong, one of the few people in the forums rn who's actually making sense, keep it up bro.

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff

PenguinPeople Before you scapegoat everything on the staff team, why don't you try reporting? If the problem is evident for you, how about making a difference in the community, we could always use help with catching players.

An SG Tournament would be far better, your right XV_Scorpion_VX . Because SG is far less toxic, far more balanced, and offers more variety compared to grinding and stopping in souppvp.

The amount of hacking players reported squared, is less than the amount of bans Staff do by themselves. It's the players that don't do anything, they value connections and social power more then integrity and honesty.

Want to talk about fear? Most of you Kit players are afraid to play the game the way it's suppose to be.

*Zap*

Tuut

Trusted Member
PenguinPeople Before you scapegoat everything on the staff team, why don't you try reporting? If the problem is evident for you, how about making a difference in the community, we could always use help with catching players.

An SG Tournament would be far better, your right XV_Scorpion_VX . Because SG is far less toxic, far more balanced, and offers more variety compared to grinding and stopping in souppvp.

The amount of hacking players reported squared, is less than the amount of bans Staff do by themselves. It's the players that don't do anything, they value connections and social power more then integrity and honesty.

Want to talk about fear? Most of you Kit players are afraid to play the game the way it's suppose to be.

*Zap*
GAHHHHD DAMN

dont do em dirty like that u naughty boi

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff

*Zap*
Yet if I'm not mistaken, and I'm pretty sure I'm not, that you both fight players in SG and kitpvp. Sure I'll agree SG when it's played is much less toxic than kitpvp is, but by no means is it more balanced. If you played a pvp tournament properly, both players would start out with the same gear with the same amount of soup/pots, making the game perfectly 50/50 fair just down to the players fighting and regeneration skills. Now SG, hmm let me think, you get stuff out of chests that are RANDOMLY SPAWNED, and almost all of the time when fighting in SG one player will have an upper hand on another player, it's like 30% luck 70% skill at the most, and I almost feel I'm being generous with that, while pvp is a good 95%+ skill. SG is infact worse for a tournament cause people that shouldn't be going out earlier will go out early, and people that shouldn't be getting to certain positions will be getting further than they should, while in a pvp tournament you've got nowhere to hide or wiggle about, you take the player head on and fight to the death. I'll give you there's more variety in SG, but by no means does that add to making it better for a tournament.

Also, by what means do you think SG is how the game is supposed to be? Technically nothing on HHG apart from creative is how the game is supposed to be played, and even that has it's tweaks. SG is no different from Kitpvp in terms of originality no matter what way you put it. And well, you think we're scared? I don't think so, lets see what happens next time we come to playing SG against eacthother ey?

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
If you played a pvp tournament properly, both players would start out with the same gear with the same amount of soup/pots, making the game perfectly 50/50 fair

False, The winner isn't random in souppvp, it's the player with the best hit speed, and the quickest reaction time. You can start with the same gear with no advantages from said gear. However THAT DOES NOT make the odds of winning 50/50 for each player

Now SG, hmm let me think, you get stuff out of chests that are RANDOMLY SPAWNED, and almost all of the time when fighting in SG one player will have an upper hand on another player

SG is a game of probability, and without a shop giving items at the start, all players have a equal chance of getting items that can kill another player. A gamemode purely based on chance is far more fair to weaker PVP players, sure they would still have a lower probability of winning in a PVP Fight, But with the amount of luck in getting items, the advantages of different armors, and the uncontrollable variables such as slowballs and TNT, you can rebalance those said probability odds of winning to be more equal when fighting a more skilled player.

SG is infact worse for a tournament cause people that shouldn't be going out earlier will go out early, and people that shouldn't be getting to certain positions will be getting further than they should,

I always throw the trash out early on the weekends.

Meanwhile, SG is the type of gamemode that has Sneak Attacks, Fall Damage, fewer hotkeys, and even better -- NO SOUP REGEN :D, Players who dominate get wrecked, Players who are weak Toughen Up, Your complaining about players winning a fair lottery that the SG gamemode is, and personally I love cinderella underdog stories. If your really good at minecraft, and by good I mean "All Aspects Of PVP NOT JUST FLAT MELEE FIGHTS" Then you should be able to handle the equal odds SG offers.

I'll give you there's more variety in SG, but by no means does that add to making it better for a tournament.

Oh so because "Pro" Players get wrecked by falling off a cliff when a newb shoots a bow at them on a mountain, then SG isn't fair at all ;-;. Because strafing someone in a head-on souppvp fight is so fair when people can't spam hotkeys or scroll fast enough. Souppvp is so good when perfect ping is versus a player with 3 bars at Mcdonalds.
KITPVP IS SO FAIR WHEN GHOST CLIENT USERS FIGHT NORMAL PLAYERS.
There is nothing to help balance the odds in Kitpvp compared to SG. Because in SG anything goes with the madness, while in Kitpvp, the same players always are on top.

You are arrogant and selfish if you truly think Kitpvp would be better for a tournament.
It's like comparing the lottery and a game between the Browns and the Super Bowl Winners.
Which has the most equal odds of winning?

I don't think so, lets see what happens next time we come to playing SG against eacthother <-- (Look do you even Spell Chek ;) ) ey?

*Opens Leaderboards*

Sorry, too lazy to scroll that far down.

me32305

I like how you're arguing over a SG and a KitPVP tournament, but both will more than likely never happen. All of these tournaments being suggested are just adding on to the giant list of tournaments the staff "will at some point do." Can we just face the fact that none of these will probably ever happen.

This suggestion is really stupid because it may seem like a great idea, and people, including staff will support it but nothing will ever happen.

EL3TRIC why are you acting like theres a different community in SG than kitpvp. Nobody even plays SG, lmao. You're argument is flawed because you're acting like it takes more skill to play SG than kitpvp. They're both different and you have to adapt to play differently in both game modes. And don't act like there aren't hackers in SG. For some reason you think there's a magical force field around SG disallowing people to hack in it so they all go to kitpvp. There's a fair share of cheaters in both.

PenguinPeople

Since when is it the players job to be checking for and reporting hackers? As opposed to the people who signed up to do it. Assuming that players can even record. It is true that the staff does ban people, but to do that in a decent amount of time the staff has to be online and patrolling. So by the time the staff does hear about it and bans the player in a week or so the damage is already done. The players are upset because they were destroyed by a hacker and have left the game mode and are likely not to come back. This is especially true with SCBB where hackers are abundant and obvious. An example of this would be SabaoDoTio, a well known cheater that would come on at night and kill new scbb players until they left, this went on for 2 weeks until he was finally banned. but by that time he reached rank 24 on the leader boards and discouraged new players from playing.
Because sg players can't do the same thing with chest and player esp :)

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Alright, since you're gonna be toxic to me, I'll just be toxic to you, and prove you wrong. (Oh yeah, and I'll be fair about the points and give you credit on what you're right about, cause I'm a decent person, and I'm not biased)
False, The winner isn't random in souppvp, it's the player with the best hit speed, and the quickest reaction time. You can start with the same gear with no advantages from said gear. However THAT DOES NOT make the odds of winning 50/50 for each player
Look, there might be a slight element of luck in souppvp, as there is in any game that involves competitiveness. But all things considered, souppvp is a lot more balanced than SG, no matter how much you try to wriggle that about.
SG is a game of probability, and without a shop giving items at the start, all players have a equal chance of getting items that can kill another player. A gamemode purely based on chance is far more fair to weaker PVP players, sure they would still have a lower probability of winning in a PVP Fight, But with the amount of luck in getting items, the advantages of different armors, and the uncontrollable variables such as slowballs and TNT, you can rebalance those said probability odds of winning to be more equal when fighting a more skilled player.
Mmmm no, they really don't. Hey Gabe, did you know that in SG the chests loot is 100% RANDOM, and that it's purposely designed so people DON'T get the same stuff in chests? Obviously not. This is the problem with an SG tournament, it's not skill based enough, that's why I would put a Kitpvp tournament over it, well that and it's much easier to organise and run and do in pretty much all conceivable way.
I always throw the trash out early on the weekends.
Meanwhile, SG is the type of gamemode that has Sneak Attacks, Fall Damage, fewer hotkeys, and even better -- NO SOUP REGEN :D, Players who dominate get wrecked, Players who are weak Toughen Up, Your complaining about players winning a fair lottery that the SG gamemode is, and personally I love cinderella underdog stories. If your really good at minecraft, and by good I mean "All Aspects Of PVP NOT JUST FLAT MELEE FIGHTS" Then you should be able to handle the equal odds SG offers.
Oh, *You're (Just pointing out a super simple spelling mistake, that's much worse than mine, since you commented on a mistake I made and made it an insult, just looking out for you bro). I'll be fair and give you the fact that SG is good in more aspects, but by no means is it as fair and straight as a pvp tournament is, end of.
Oh so because "Pro" Players get wrecked by falling off a cliff when a newb shoots a bow at them on a mountain, then SG isn't fair at all ;-;. Because strafing someone in a head-on souppvp fight is so fair when people can't spam hotkeys or scroll fast enough. Souppvp is so good when perfect ping is versus a player with 3 bars at Mcdonalds.
There is nothing to help balance the odds in Kitpvp compared to SG. Because in SG anything goes with the madness, while in Kitpvp, the same players always are on top.
Since when did I say that? Look, I ain't trying to punch holes in SG here, something you're obviously overlooking, I like SG and play it quite a lot. However what I'm trying to say is a pvp tournament is a much better idea in every way than an SG tournament. Hotkeying and/or scrolling fast enough is another skill in pvp. Also, in case you didn't know which you obviously don't, 3 bars can be a good thing, let me explain. Delayed KB is op as hell, and delayed KB is a perfect with 3 bars as you can still trade hits with people almost as well as 5 bars and can still combo, and when you get hit it makes it incredibly hard to combo people, you only need to look at when _be pvps to see that. And even if that didn't exist, how would that be any different in SG as it would be in pvp, you still lag, you still get bad hit connectivity, so it's almost exactly the same in terms of problems.
You are arrogant and selfish if you truly think Kitpvp would be better for a tournament.
It's like comparing the lottery and a game between the Browns and the Super Bowl Winners.
Which has the most equal odds of winning?
I'm not arrogant, I know what I'm talking about is all, you coming in trying to be smart and toxic is just pitiful in honesty, cause you can't act like it. How come there are so many more pvp tournaments than SG tournaments I ask? How come there are so many less good sg players than pvpers competing? And your comparison is literally one of the worst I've heard, you're just exaggerating because of your biased view, pathetic.
*Opens Leaderboards*
Sorry, too lazy to scroll that far down.
Oh you're gonna try to burn me. Listen Gabe, I could literally burn you to the point where there isn't any more of you left to burn, but I'm not going to because A I'm a decent person that doesn't destroy people over things like this, and B I don't really want to get banned on forums, y'know? But I'll give you this one just cause I want to, you're welcome in advance, I'm not the one who literally grinded SG for months desperately trying to haul myself to a high place on the leaderboard. I tend not to care about the leaderboards and play when I want to, y'know? (In other words, leaderboards don't mean anything)

Last edited:

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
I like how you're arguing over a SG and a KitPVP tournament, but both will more than likely never happen. All of these tournaments being suggested are just adding on to the giant list of tournaments the staff "will at some point do." Can we just face the fact that none of these will probably ever happen.
Patience is a virtue, Zainos is in charge of the events, and he is currently busy with finals and things going on in his life, the events will happen.

Wow there's a lot of debate going on about this tournament too, though a PvP tournament doesn't have to be for the whole server, it can be a competitive tournament for the people who enjoy PvP and want to have a go at it, even if some people are not good they can still participate, that's if, Zainos is in favour of this suggestion. It's like how there are some events in parkour for example, not everybody is good at parkour but events are still held there. When I say PvP, I mean the kit PvP.

It's also the player's choice to report players who break the rules, we encourage it of course but it is completely up to them. :)

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
XV_Scorpion_VX Right, I apologize for my rudeness, because yes, I was trying to be rude to you. Now that I've calmed down and thought a little bit more, heres a couple bullets as to why I have issues with for a PVP Tournament.

1. It's Target Audience
Honestly, Souppvp is very hard for a lot of people. On the server now, there is id say about 20-30 players that have good skills with quick hotkeying and fast reload. However, if we had a tournament, newer players to the Souppvp game type would not stand a chance against said players, and really we could probably predict who would be finalists before we even made the brackets.

To be fair though I will create solutions, as i realize my earlier bias which isn't what I intended for.
-- Pro Bracket, (via decision and nomination) and a open tourney new bracket (Newer players or weaker skilled)
-- Pro vs Pro and newb vs newb ( Have the strong seeds fight early on 1 half, and the newer seeds on the other)
-- No Soup Kitpvp fight with lots of health at beginning
-- Battle Royale (1v1v1v1 as an example) (Names hidden)

2. PVP tourney may not work well compared to other gamemodes
I don't actually know how long it would take to organize, but if we could only host 1 PVP gamemode tourney, I believe Skywars, UHC, or Survival Games could work better possibly compared to Kitpvp. Survival Games has the random variable that Kitpvp lacks, gamechangers could really make predicting a winner a lot less predictable. In Skywars, I have issues because of camping, however I like the strategy and the usage of bows compared to Kitpvp, I would say Skywars potentially could showcase more skills pvp wise, if the proper maps were used. UHC is just awesome because of No Regen, and well its hardcore xD, I mean if we had a PVP tourney, chances are you wont get a 2nd chance in a match, so UHC would be great as a test of mind and skill to survive.

My biggest point of all though, is that these gamemodes would push a lot of players from all different skill bases out of their comfort zone, and also it would be like a lottery winning an entire tournament of these type of gamemodes. Because Kitpvp is rather simple, I see it better then Hitman, but less fun then the others listed above. (Note: I have no idea how long or how many tournaments we could have in the future.)

3. The current cheaters
So, Idk if kitpvp has become more clean as I have become less active due to school and work, but I know about the Community underground, and I also know that there are players well known around Kitpvp that are actually hackers with hard to detect clients. It would really help if the community could help us staff remove all these players, and I'll try my best to catch them as a New Year's Resolution, but I'm only one staff, and I think the entire staff team could use the help from the community, because the reports from Kitpvp are thin, and I do not want to support a tournament that has lots of cheaters secretly applying into it.

4. What are you trying to prove... (like really)

So I believe this tournament was suggested to prove who's the best at pvp right? There are a lot of problems with kitpvp being a way to show that xD. There are also other common variables such as.

Common
-- If you have a bad day... (Slow fingers, Sick, Emotional Stress,) You could be the best but lose easy because of these.
-- Amount of battles? (1 battle isn't enough to prove anything, but the more battles, the higher the odds of making mistakes)
-- Absent players (John Cena didn't show up to work today...)
-- Judges and Time (Important)
-- Where to host (Also Important)
-- Funding to host (Maybe a issue?)
-- Lag (Freezes while fighting rip)

Kitpvp specific
-- What Kit? (Whats fair? Swords only, Swords Bows? rods? snowballs? 1.9 version? 1.8 version?)
-- Terrain (Your not a pvp master fighting just on flatland. I suggest different arena styles for said tourney)
-- Tricky Hacks (PenguinPeople pointed out ChestESP and PlayerESP for SG {Good Call btw} Well Kitpvp has Auto-switch and Auto-Walk)
-- Bias (Kitpvp has no random variables, Anyone not good with soups enjoy being steamrolled.)
-- Alts on VPNS (kek, you think I didn't notice you entering twice hah, o wait VPN...) {Also a common problem}
-- Gimmicks? (Should people be able to do Link vs Link, or Kangaroo vs Kangaroo?)

XV_Scorpion_VX Sorry for being a **** But at heart I had only concern as showed by all this ^^^

Anyways this is some actual good feedback that is helpful to the initial question.

Edit: Also noticed that there was no presented format for a pvp tournament PenguinPeople What are you interested in for a tournament? format wise.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
XV_Scorpion_VX Right, I apologize for my rudeness, because yes, I was trying to be rude to you. Now that I've calmed down and thought a little bit more, heres a couple bullets as to why I have issues with for a PVP Tournament.

1. It's Target Audience
Honestly, Souppvp is very hard for a lot of people. On the server now, there is id say about 20-30 players that have good skills with quick hotkeying and fast reload. However, if we had a tournament, newer players to the Souppvp game type would not stand a chance against said players, and really we could probably predict who would be finalists before we even made the brackets.

To be fair though I will create solutions, as i realize my earlier bias which isn't what I intended for.
-- Pro Bracket, (via decision and nomination) and a open tourney new bracket (Newer players or weaker skilled)
-- Pro vs Pro and newb vs newb ( Have the strong seeds fight early on 1 half, and the newer seeds on the other)
-- No Soup Kitpvp fight with lots of health at beginning
-- Battle Royale (1v1v1v1 as an example) (Names hidden)

2. PVP tourney may not work well compared to other gamemodes
I don't actually know how long it would take to organize, but if we could only host 1 PVP gamemode tourney, I believe Skywars, UHC, or Survival Games could work better possibly compared to Kitpvp. Survival Games has the random variable that Kitpvp lacks, gamechangers could really make predicting a winner a lot less predictable. In Skywars, I have issues because of camping, however I like the strategy and the usage of bows compared to Kitpvp, I would say Skywars potentially could showcase more skills pvp wise, if the proper maps were used. UHC is just awesome because of No Regen, and well its hardcore xD, I mean if we had a PVP tourney, chances are you wont get a 2nd chance in a match, so UHC would be great as a test of mind and skill to survive.

My biggest point of all though, is that these gamemodes would push a lot of players from all different skill bases out of their comfort zone, and also it would be like a lottery winning an entire tournament of these type of gamemodes. Because Kitpvp is rather simple, I see it better then Hitman, but less fun then the others listed above. (Note: I have no idea how long or how many tournaments we could have in the future.)

3. The current cheaters
So, Idk if kitpvp has become more clean as I have become less active due to school and work, but I know about the Community underground, and I also know that there are players well known around Kitpvp that are actually hackers with hard to detect clients. It would really help if the community could help us staff remove all these players, and I'll try my best to catch them as a New Year's Resolution, but I'm only one staff, and I think the entire staff team could use the help from the community, because the reports from Kitpvp are thin, and I do not want to support a tournament that has lots of cheaters secretly applying into it.

4. What are you trying to prove... (like really)

So I believe this tournament was suggested to prove who's the best at pvp right? There are a lot of problems with kitpvp being a way to show that xD. There are also other common variables such as.

Common
-- If you have a bad day... (Slow fingers, Sick, Emotional Stress,) You could be the best but lose easy because of these.
-- Amount of battles? (1 battle isn't enough to prove anything, but the more battles, the higher the odds of making mistakes)
-- Absent players (John Cena didn't show up to work today...)
-- Judges and Time (Important)
-- Where to host (Also Important)
-- Funding to host (Maybe a issue?)
-- Lag (Freezes while fighting rip)

Kitpvp specific
-- What Kit? (Whats fair? Swords only, Swords Bows? rods? snowballs? 1.9 version? 1.8 version?)
-- Terrain (Your not a pvp master fighting just on flatland. I suggest different arena styles for said tourney)
-- Tricky Hacks (PenguinPeople pointed out ChestESP and PlayerESP for SG {Good Call btw} Well Kitpvp has Auto-switch and Auto-Walk)
-- Bias (Kitpvp has no random variables, Anyone not good with soups enjoy being steamrolled.)
-- Alts on VPNS (kek, you think I didn't notice you entering twice hah, o wait VPN...) {Also a common problem}
-- Gimmicks? (Should people be able to do Link vs Link, or Kangaroo vs Kangaroo?)

XV_Scorpion_VX Sorry for being a **** But at heart I had only concern as showed by all this ^^^

Anyways this is some actual good feedback that is helpful to the initial question.

Edit: Also noticed that there was no presented format for a pvp tournament PenguinPeople What are you interested in for a tournament? format wise.

Alright, I respect that, sorry for throwing out the insults I did to you as well. See that's what I'm looking for, some good structural criticism. The format I had for my pvp tournament showed a lot more things, I'll make an up to date one again to show what I meant as the last one has some things I do want to change.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
I already provided feedback in the other Kit PvP tournament suggestion thread created by XV_Scorpion_VX
Locking this one since it's the same suggestion in order to avoid double posts.

P.S: Yes, there will be tournaments for most of our game-modes eventually...

Status
Not open for further replies.