• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Pvp Is Now, Ughhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
I wanted to say my opinion about the new pvp updates. I personally dislike Sawords arena immensely, its too small, not very good for pvp (I know this being a very experienced pvper) and has loads of places for people to hide. The map is also biased to kits like blackmamba which can jump around the sides and not be noticed. And as for the new lobby, well, it seems as though things have gone backwards as it has an old fashioned jump down to the fancy teleporting system. Now I can understand some good factors of this seeing as it eliminates camping spawns but people can instead camp the drop zones, waiting for some default to come down so they can slice them up with op or something. Nobody has to take notice of this, I just wanted to say my opinions of the new things, if anybody agrees.

Kaios

Retired Staff
I haven't sent the update yet, but there are some things I can say.
Jungle had wayyyyy more places to hide than swords map...it's a junlge and an entire half of the map was never even played on. Also you say sawords is biased to black mamba...so was jungle they could easily jump to the trees and hide. Jungle was also biased to any kit with knock back above 2.
I see your points and I'm not saying your wrong. I'm just pointing at some other points to realize. And the thing is, there will never be a perfect map or system. But we can try our best.

Phoenix____

Yes, all the people that do not play /pvp just went and voted for the map that sounded more appealing, I guess :/
^^^
Edit: And I completely agree about Saword's map... It's just... Ugh... It worked well as a vip arena, cause it's pretty small, but it's not good for a normal arena...

Anchezz

Trusted Member
Tbh, I like Sawords map WAY MORE than the jungle one. Jungle was too big and people barely played on half of it as Kaios mentioned. Sawords map is not to small, because we don't have 50+ players on the PvP server so it doesn't matter. Also, most of the kits have bows so if someone's hiding up on the wall it's not that hard to shoot him down. There was so many more hiding spots on jungle. And I also didn't like that all you had to do to get a kill was to use puncher and punch people down from the map.

And also, so what if people don't play PvP and voted? It's still the players that decides the map, we're a community and we can't let certain people vote. It would be unfair. And these people get to have an opinion, why? Because maype people didn't play because the map sucked. They might play PvP in the future so that's why they had to vote.

EDIT: Btw, it would be nice if people stopped complaining. We did what we could to make people satisfied, but do you know what? People like different things and ONE map can't make EVERYONE satisfied. The votes have been counted and we won't change arena again. Complaining won't help.

Last edited:

Kaios

Retired Staff
Tbh, I like Sawords map WAY MORE than the jungle one. Jungle was too big and people barely played on half of it as Kaios mentioned. Sawords map is not to small, because we don't have 50+ players on the PvP server so it doesn't matter. Also, most of the kits have bows so if someone's hiding up on the wall it's not that hard to shoot him down. There was so many more hiding spots on jungle. And I also didn't like that all you had to do to get a kill was to use puncher and punch people down from the map.

And also, so what if people don't play PvP and voted? It's still the players that decides the map, we're a community and we can't let certain people vote. It would be unfair. And these people get to have an opinion, why? Because maype people didn't play because the map sucked. They might play PvP in the future so that's why they had to vote.

EDIT: Btw, it would be nice if people stopped complaining. We did what we could to make people satisfied, but do you know what? People like different things and ONE map can't make EVERYONE satisfied. The votes have been counted and we won't change arena again. Complaining won't help.
Couldn't agree more. (Where is the multiple like button when you need it)

Phoenix____

I completely disagree with you, I know for a fact that almost no one who ACTUALLY plays kit pvp voted for Saword's map, Saword's map got about 350 votes, and only about 100 people play kit pvp, so if you can find tons of people who ACTUALLY play kit pvp and voted for that map. Then I will be ok with the map, but not one person I saw on kit pvp today voted for Saword's map... And once again, the map got 350 votes, so about 250 people who don't play kit pvp voted for the map... Just saying.

Kaios

Retired Staff
I completely disagree with you, I know for a fact that almost no one who ACTUALLY plays kit pvp voted for Saword's map, Saword's map got about 350 votes, and only about 100 people play kit pvp, so if you can find tons of people who ACTUALLY play kit pvp and voted for that map. Then I will be ok with the map, but not one person I saw on kit pvp today voted for Saword's map... And once again, the map got 350 votes, so about 250 people who don't play kit pvp voted for the map... Just saying.
How could you possibly know how many people play Kit pvp...

Unitus

Retired Staff

People that play PvP are the only ones that should vote, let's say I never played PvP in my life, and then I just see this vote thing at hub and I vote for the map that sounds more appealing but really have no idea of how it is? This poll should of been on the /pvp lobby only, and don't think the minority of the people are complaining about the map, ask around, almost no one will say they wanted Saword's map...

Anchezz

Trusted Member
People that play PvP are the only ones that should vote, let's say I never played PvP in my life, and then I just see this vote thing at hub and I vote for the map that sounds more appealing but really have no idea of how it is? This poll should of been on the /pvp lobby only, and don't think the minority of the people are complaining about the map, ask around, almost no one will say they wanted Saword's map...
I know many players that play PvP and voted for Sawords map. Also, as I said, we can't let certain people vote because PvP is a community server and everyone are allowed to play it, therefore should the whole community be able to vote. Now, if it was a poll about what map should be the VIP one, only people with a rank should be able to vote, simply because they are the people who CAN play. But EVERYONE CAN play the original arena.

Unitus

Retired Staff
I know many players that play PvP and voted for Sawords map. Also, as I said, we can't let certain people vote because PvP is a community server and everyone are allowed to play it, therefore should the whole community be able to vote. Now, if it was a poll about what map should be the VIP one, only people with a rank should be able to vote, simply because they are the people who CAN play. But EVERYONE CAN play the original arena.
The thing is that not EVERYONE finds entertaining /pvp there for, if you put a voting poll at hub they would obviously vote, and vote "blindly" without knowing the real facts behind their vote. I am not saying they should be prevented to make a vote, because they can obviously just go on /pvp and vote freely, if they go on /pvp and find a voting poll is because they find /pvp somewhat entertaining, making their vote more intelligent, so your argument of letting EVERYONE vote makes no sense because there is no wall preventing EVERYONE to do so.

Last edited:

Phoenix____

The thing is that not EVERYONE finds entertaining /pvp there for, if you put a voting poll at hub they would obviously vote, and vote "blindly" without knowing the real facts behind their vote. I am not saying they should be prevented to make a vote, because they can obviously just go on /pvp and vote freely, if they go on /pvp and find a voting poll is because they find /pvp somewhat entertaining, making their vote more intelligent, so your argument of letting EVERYONE vote makes no sense because there is no wall preventing EVERYONE to do so.
^^^^^ Couldn't agree more.

Anchezz

Trusted Member
You just dont get it do you? I said, maybe these players will play PvP in the future. And also, even if you guys continue with the complaining we wont change arena in a while. And you cant blame the non-pvpers for voting for Sawords map, some of them might even voted for the other maps. "Sawords map" doesnt sound really appealing now does it?

Phoenix____

You just dont get it do you? I said, maybe these players will play PvP in the future. And also, even if you guys continue with the complaining we wont change arena in a while. And you cant blame the non-pvpers for voting for Sawords map, some of them might even voted for the other maps. "Sawords map" doesnt sound really appealing now does it?
It sounds the most appealing out of the others, maybe besides the jungle map, and you also don't know if they will do another map change soon, if there's enough demands for it, then they might, so you really don't know. xD So why are you acting like you do know that they won't.

Kaios

Retired Staff
It sounds the most appealing out of the others, maybe besides the jungle map, and you also don't know if they will do another map change soon, if there's enough demands for it, then they might, so you really don't know. xD So why are you acting like you do know that they won't.
no it doesn't lol. Jungle sounds like the one I would pick if I hadn't seen any of them. And this is only on the fact that the word Jungle is far more familiar to my mind than "saword" or "clay". As for her not knowing about map changes, you can literally just stop talking. She is staff and knows about updates months in advance before you do, so stop being a know-it-all

Phoenix____

no it doesn't lol. Jungle sounds like the one I would pick if I hadn't seen any of them. And this is only on the fact that the word Jungle is far more familiar to my mind than "saword" or "clay". As for her not knowing about map changes, you can literally just stop talking. She is staff and knows about updates months in advance before you do, so stop being a know-it-all
I literally said "Maybe besides Jungle map" xD Please, before you act rude, be sure to read the entire thing that I said, and there could be a change in plans, just because she does get updates cause she's staff, doesn't mean it's the full truth, it could easily be changed, so stop being rude. tyvm.

Edit: Being* You said "be"

Kaios

Retired Staff
I literally said "Maybe besides Jungle map" xD Please, before you act rude, be sure to read the entire thing that I said, and there could be a change in plans, just because she does get updates cause she's staff, doesn't mean it's the full truth, it could easily be changed, so stop being rude. tyvm.

Are you serious?!?!?!? You completely mis read that and thought it as me attacking you or me disagreeing with you. Stop making yourself a victim. And I need you to stop talking like you have been staff before. Just stop. You don't know what your talking about.

Anchezz

Trusted Member

As in a matter of fact, I do know there wont be any change of the arena. Because Zainos barely did this change due to the fact that we recently just changed arena. And this thread is going out of control so Im locking it.

[Topic Locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.