• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global PotPvP

Kuiah

Hello HHG community, this is a topic for mainly PvPers of HHG. So, this is just a thought, but wouldn't it be great for HHG to have a separate arena for PotionPvP? Anyway, that's all I have for the idea.... I know it'd be "a lot" of work for the DevTeam and Zainos to implement, but hey, it'd be worth it for more players :)

Omnisent

Trusted Member
I do agree that they need a new PvP server for these reasons:
Soups: They only heal you and you only, which requires 0 skill whatsoever. If there was a Potion server, the healing pots would heal everything, making it more challenging.
Maps: Oh my God the maps... just, no. We need a server that has maps where there aren't... ehm... "detailed hills" blocking where you're trying to escape. I find this extremely repetitive and extremely annoying.
Flat maps would be the answer, and maybe on the side have some hills and such. Like the old clay map, that one is ok.
There are too many soups: < Too many soups. It's almost impossible to kill anyone who is good and pressing "E", holding Shift, and double-clicking the soups.
If they do make this a server, they would need more kits as well, and possibly without the OP abilities.

Shqdoww_

No it isn't. It is about who has better ping. No matter what kind of PvP it is the man with the better ping always wins. So from what it sounds like,you want a bunch of kit warriors with Splash Potion of Instant Health IIs running around smacking eachother and hoping to be called a "winner"? I don't like that idea. And "OP" abilities have to be earned.

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
This is getting somewhat annoying.

We have modified PVP several times to satisfy the needs of the PVP community.

Omnisent, please no. We had a global poll everyone voted in having Saword's map back, but since not everyone enjoyed it, we came up with a solution. Which of course is adding all three maps back, but with rotation. Now, you're insisting those maps are.. useless, or not good enough for PVP?

The build team has spent countless hours making those maps for the community and having it as best suitable for PVP as possible. If you believe you can build a better map go ahead and post it on the forums.

Back on topic, I suggested Potion PVP back to Zainos back when we were planning ideas on PVP revamp, I do not exactly recall what he said, but even if we added potion pvp the problem will still be here.

Want to play PVP with no soups or potions at all? Survival Games is a great option. PVP is perfectly fine, we have had it like this for an extremely long time and have received little to no complaints. Completely removing soups or replacing them for potions would add a different affect.

Adding potions will make it more frustrating. It will take 1+ seconds to drink the potion. You may suggesting reducing the health when drinking soup or suggest regeneration or some sort.

This is one of my many thoughts on this subject.

Kuiah

Omnisent, please no. We had a global poll everyone voted in having Saword's map back, but since not everyone enjoyed it, we came up with a solution. Which of course is adding all three maps back, but with rotation. Now, you're insisting those maps are.. useless, or not good enough for PVP?

The build team has spent countless hours making those maps for the community and having it as best suitable for PVP as possible. If you believe you can build a better map go ahead and post it on the forums.

Back on topic, I suggested Potion PVP back to Zainos back when we were planning ideas on PVP revamp, I do not exactly recall what he said, but even if we added potion pvp the problem will still be here.

Want to play PVP with no soups or potions at all? Survival Games is a great option. PVP is perfectly fine, we have had it like this for an extremely long time and have received little to no complaints. Completely removing soups or replacing them for potions would add a different affect.

Adding potions will make it more frustrating. It will take 1+ seconds to drink the potion. You may suggesting reducing the health when drinking soup or suggest regeneration or some sort.

No man, Splash potions...... And I never said REMOVE Soup completely, I just suggested to have a separate server selector for it. Anyway, yeah people took this post the wrong way "PvP is fine the way it is"... But Trenly, I never see you on m8. Anyway, Omni, Soup does require somewhat of a high skill level to compete with good players. Learning how to quick drop in Soup PVP helps A LOT with refilling in under a second. Quick Dropping = Pressing "q" right after you soup. Hotkey instead of scrolling in Soup PvP also helps a lot (pressing 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 for all of you that don't know what that is). Anyway, Chris, sorry for the "confusion" and yeah I get why Zainos somewhat denied PotPvP but I liked the Idea so I thought I'de just share it.

Omnisent

Trusted Member

I never said I could make a better map.
I nod to the build team for making these map, but IN MY OPINION, they aren't good enough.
You can complain about how they spent "countless hours" which is most likely true, but again, IN MY OPINION, they aren't good enough.
Thank you for the quite useless talk, it felt good to get it off my chest. If you wish to continue, it's still burning.

Majorconnor10

Hello HHG community, this is a topic for mainly PvPers of HHG. So, this is just a thought, but wouldn't it be great for HHG to have a separate arena for PotionPvP? Anyway, that's all I have for the idea.... I know it'd be "a lot" of work for the DevTeam and Zainos to implement, but hey, it'd be worth it for more players :)

It would be fun, but then 2 weeks later, it would get boring, and its too much work for the staff to do this, they already are doing lots of things, banning hackers, working on fixing bugs, working on factions, and checking forums. I would like it, but it would require too much work for the staff, I don't think they will do this idea. But it is a good idea, it would be fun, but like I said, it would become boring. 1 other problem, kits, there wouldn't be much variety.

Kuiah

How'd simply downloading plugins off the internet be too much for for the Staff.... Staff don't develop plugins... That's why HHG has a Developer Team m8. SoupPvP has been around HHG for at least 3 years, so you can't quite say Pot will get boring in 2 weeks.

Majorconnor10

How'd simply downloading plugins off the internet be too much for for the Staff.... Staff don't develop plugins... That's why HHG has a Developer Team m8. SoupPvP has been around HHG for at least 3 years, so you can't quite say Pot will get boring in 2 weeks.

Wait... do you mean just replacing soup with health potions?

Trenly

Admin
Admin
The dev team is the one in charge of implementing new gamemodes. Not staff

Anchezz

Trusted Member
tbh, our current pvp is not really pvp. as many has clearified above, this is soup pvp and it's too op. our kits are too op, too many stews, and bad arenas to pvp on. our pvp maps works for the current pvp type, but me and many others would like to see some real pvp on the server as well. there wouldn't be any fancy maps/arenas because they aren't needed. they don't have to look amazing, in fact, a flat flooring and walls would do tje job lol. and we'd have less op kits, like fisherman and ninja. those are actually good kits to pvp with, without being too op. and of course, potions and not stews XD.

but im saying, we DON'T want to change the current pvp gamemode, because it's fine, it's just not ''real'' pvp (i hope you understand XD). the maps are working great for the gamemode rn because they fit different kit. however, as i said, many players would like a potion pvp gamemode as well with less op kits and just flat worlds because we want to pvp with skills and not with who have the best/worse kit. even if i were to only use spy, people would still be using god and black mamba and easily kill me. and i can not see myself developing my pvp skills in the pvp server because players don't even need to be good to kill someone, I mean everyone is using blackmamba and killing archers on 2-3 hits.

Unitus

Retired Staff
tbh, our current pvp is not really pvp. as many has clearified above, this is soup pvp and it's too op. our kits are too op, too many stews, and bad arenas to pvp on. our pvp maps works for the current pvp type, but me and many others would like to see some real pvp on the server as well. there wouldn't be any fancy maps/arenas because they aren't needed. they don't have to look amazing, in fact, a flat flooring and walls would do tje job lol. and we'd have less op kits, like fisherman and ninja. those are actually good kits to pvp with, without being too op. and of course, potions and not stews XD.

but im saying, we DON'T want to change the current pvp gamemode, because it's fine, it's just not ''real'' pvp (i hope you understand XD). the maps are working great for the gamemode rn because they fit different kit. however, as i said, many players would like a potion pvp gamemode as well with less op kits and just flat worlds because we want to pvp with skills and not with who have the best/worse kit. even if i were to only use spy, people would still be using god and black mamba and easily kill me. and i can not see myself developing my pvp skills in the pvp server because players don't even need to be good to kill someone, I mean everyone is using blackmamba and killing archers on 2-3 hits.
The "balance update" didn't really meet its spectations, and now they removed chat kills and stuff makes it even worse. Soup pvp is soup pvp and that's what it is, a more logical way to go is, within the /pvp have potpvp soup,pvp and kit 1v1 duels, the maps are just fine, you can't say a map is not good for pvp (unless it is extremely small without the possibility of strafing) don't bring down the blame of the map for not being "good for pvp" it's just all about the player's skill

Shqdoww_

Well honestly this servers PvP is the best I have ever seen. And the maps look nice and have lots of edges and bumps to get the edge on your opponent. Also soups is what makes it possible to kill a black mamba with warrior. The PvP we have is perfect and changing it will cause very negative reactions from alot of players.

Unitus

Retired Staff
Well honestly this servers PvP is the best I have ever seen. And the maps look nice and have lots of edges and bumps to get the edge on your opponent. Also soups is what makes it possible to kill a black mamba with warrior. The PvP we have is perfect and changing it will cause very negative reactions from alot of players.
This thread is not about changing pvp, it's about adding good things to it, without touching the soup pvp experience

Shqdoww_

Well honestly which would be played more? Soup or Pot? I gurantee cause I have seen it on multiple servers,soup is far more popular and liked. With as little people that are normally on PvP anyway even less would be on Pot. So when you get on at 5 in da mornin' and there are 4 ppl on counting yourself. just imaging how that would be with half that? Not fun.

_Link

You obviously don't play pvp much to think soup is played more, and why would you be on 5 in the morning..

Shqdoww_

I have seen it on multiple servers,soup is far more popular and liked.
Anyway you people are taking this the completely wrong way. I am just trying to say adding PotPvP is just not something that they should prioritize. Besides if you want skill-based pvp try SG,Hitman etc. Anyway above all else #FactionsFirst