• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
Hey everyone! This is my very first Mob Arena Map for the Server, I hope you all like it as I enjoyed making it! Thanks for reading this post! :D

INFORMATION:

Name: Plants vs Zombies
Found at: /p v SamThePugMC 6 (The VIP World)

PEOPLE WHO HELPED/MADE THIS MAP:

SamThePugMC - Main Builder
__Joni - Helped with the border
OldDrunkTurtle - Helped with ideas
KristianM - Helped with ideas

NOTES:

I was meant to make this with my old Build Team (PugConstructions) but never actually got round to it, I'm glad to see that the idea has come back and it's an actual Map now! :)

SCREENSHOTS:

2017-05-24_18.52.07.png

2017-05-24_18.53.02.png

2017-05-24_18.53.09.png

2017-05-24_18.53.14.png

2017-05-24_18.53.25.png

2017-05-24_18.53.44.png

2017-05-24_18.53.49.png

2017-05-24_18.54.49.png

2017-05-24_18.55.10.png

2017-05-24_18.55.29.png

2017-05-24_18.56.18.png

2017-05-24_18.56.26.png

2017-05-24_18.56.33.png

2017-05-24_18.56.46.png

2017-05-24_18.57.06.png

2017-05-24_18.57.13.png

2017-05-24_18.57.32.png

2017-05-24_18.57.42.png

2017-05-24_18.58.04.png

2017-05-24_18.58.58.png

That's all from me. If you like the map, make sure to like this Forum Thread and/or say something nice in the comment section! I hope you have a great day and I hope you like this map! This is the first Map I've ever made which is designed specifically for PvP, so please keep that in mind. Thanks!

~ SamThePugMC

Last edited:

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Looks pretty cool. The flowers and wide palette look good; my only concerns is that it doesn't look like a "normal" mob arena and some people (not me) may have issue with that. Anyways all in all it looks good! Good luck.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
Looks pretty cool. The flowers and wide palette look good; my only concerns is that it doesn't look like a "normal" mob arena and some people (not me) may have issue with that. Anyways all in all it looks good! Good luck.
Thanks. In your view, what does a 'normal' Mob Arena Map look like...? A bit more context could help. xD

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Thanks. In your view, what does a 'normal' Mob Arena Map look like...? A bit more context could help. xD
Just it's not really an arena; this map is square while the others are circular. Most of the maps have a roof and from what I'm seeing here, is that this map has a lot more cover as well (around the edges). I don't mind it at all; I think others may though.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
Just it's not really an arena; this map is square while the others are circular. Most of the maps have a roof and from what I'm seeing here, is that this map has a lot more cover as well (around the edges). I don't mind it at all; I think others may though.
The whole point of this Map is for the players to enjoy it and for it to be unique. Not every PvP Arena HAS to be circular, you should know that with the PvP Map you've recently made. As long as the Map has a border, a roof won't matter as the players can't get out anyway, and actually, none of the Mob Arena Maps have a roof. When it comes to cover, I think it's a good thing so Players could last longer and survive better when playing.

youngfloppa

I like the theme and the flowers on top of the border. I do agree with mat. try and add some more scenery other than just spamming flowers all over the place, make more places for players to hide and climb on. I don't mind the cacti(are they cacti?) although, there are a few too many.

On the border try and make the leaves more natural, they all look similar shaped. With the rock, I would make it look less spammed (this is what I learnt) instead of using random blocks, this applies for grass as well, try and paint the terrain. For example, the darker areas may have cyan stained clay or bedrock and the lighter, maybe regular clay. This would make the build look alot more clean, thought out and professional.

Last edited:

Trenly

Admin
Admin
The waiting lobby is a bit small and quite bland imo. The brown glass gives everything a weird vibe, especially the water. The water looks kinda dingy and gross.

There's a few too many flowers on the ground for my liking. The "weeds" or "grass" around the edges also seems to make almost too sharp of a border. If there were fewer clay "grass" things it would feel less cluttered around the edges and make it feel more blended maybe. The leaves around the top as well as the plants look so even that its unnatural and almost distracting. Also, as Tahf said, they are all very similar. The black tulip on the top also looks weird, as black tulips aren't an option in minecraft, and don't occur naturally irl (they are actually dark purple, not black irl. You may think they are black but they are purple. If they are black they are gmo). Same goes for the dark grey, grey, and dark green tulips.
The viewing area is way too small for really any sort of viewing. You can barely see more than a fraction of the map out of any side. I would also extend the stairs up to the ceiling to make it look like the root of the plant that they would have seen while they were in the map.

The ground looks splattered. I would like to see the same blocks, but with more grass/podzol and less mycelium and gravel. Plants obviously don't grow well in gravel and the mycelium looks kinda like stone or rocky dirt. In the corners there are places where it would be really hard to find if a mob was hiding. I don't know if Zainos can set it so mobs don't spawn that far out, but that may need to be addressed. Also you or Zainos would have to find a way to prevent mobs from spawning on the ledges in the border so that if players don't have a bow they can still kill the mobs.

2017-05-24_17.25.37.png

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I like the theme and the flowers on top of the border. I do agree with mat. try and add some more scenery other than just spamming flowers all over the place, make more places for players to hide and climb on. I don't mind the cacti(are they cacti?) although, there are a few too many.

On the border try and make the leaves more natural, they all look similar shaped. With the rock, I would make it look less spammed (this is what I learnt) instead of using random blocks, this applies for grass as well, try and paint the terrain. For example, the darker areas may have cyan stained clay or bedrock and the lighter, maybe regular clay. This would make the build look alot more clean, thought out and professional.
Thanks for the feedback. After iiJam talks about it, I'll see what I can do. :)

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
The waiting lobby is a bit small and quite bland imo. The brown glass gives everything a weird vibe, especially the water. The water looks kinda dingy and gross.

There's a few too many flowers on the ground for my liking. The "weeds" or "grass" around the edges also seems to make almost too sharp of a border. If there were fewer clay "grass" things it would feel less cluttered around the edges and make it feel more blended maybe. The leaves around the top as well as the plants look so even that its unnatural and almost distracting. Also, as Tahf said, they are all very similar. The black tulip on the top also looks weird, as black tulips aren't an option in minecraft, and don't occur naturally irl (they are actually dark purple, not black irl. You may think they are black but they are purple. If they are black they are gmo). Same goes for the dark grey, grey, and dark green tulips.
The viewing area is way too small for really any sort of viewing. You can barely see more than a fraction of the map out of any side. I would also extend the stairs up to the ceiling to make it look like the root of the plant that they would have seen while they were in the map.

The ground looks splattered. I would like to see the same blocks, but with more grass/podzol and less mycelium and gravel. Plants obviously don't grow well in gravel and the mycelium looks kinda like stone or rocky dirt. In the corners there are places where it would be really hard to find if a mob was hiding. I don't know if Zainos can set it so mobs don't spawn that far out, but that may need to be addressed. Also you or Zainos would have to find a way to prevent mobs from spawning on the ledges in the border so that if players don't have a bow they can still kill the mobs.

View attachment 17259
I would just like to say that in 'Garden Grove' (the SkyWars Map) no one complained about the tulips not being real coloured tulips in real life. I'll see what I can do about the waiting lobby if iiJam says anything about it.

I'll reduce the amount of flowers and clay grass on the floor if that is picked up on by iiJam.

I thought it would be cool to have the viewing area in the middle of everything, I'm still a bit confused on what you mean by the stairs being the root or something... but I'll see if I can do anything about that after this map is talked about by iiJam.

The ground will be changed so there is more dirt related blocks and gravel and mycelium will be reduced in numbers.

I could set up barrier blocks around the edge of the map so the players can't get onto the border anyway...? That's a good way to fix the problem of the mobs spawning on the border. :)

Thank you for the feedback, if iiJam declines this Map, I'll definitely want to re-make this and I'll take all of the information you gave on board to make it better. :D

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I would extend the stairs to the ceiling. Since it is obvious that you are inside the flower pot, the stairs would be the root of the plant in the pot. Or, it would appear that way. Does that explain what I meant SamThePugMC ?

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I would extend the stairs to the ceiling. Since it is obvious that you are inside the flower pot, the stairs would be the root of the plant in the pot. Or, it would appear that way. Does that explain what I meant SamThePugMC ?
Do you mean the quartz slabs extend to the ceiling so the spectators can go on top of the flower pot itself? Or add some roots or the rose bush that overhang out of the flower pot a bit? Sorry if I sound stupid, I'm really not understanding exactly what you're trying to tell me. :p

Chickenrage249

This map looks great! The detail is magnificent. But just a thought, the name IS "Plants Vs Zombies", I remember playing this when I was younger, so maybe you COULD add some of the plants from the game? Even a few graves and zombies? Just an idea

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Do you mean the quartz slabs extend to the ceiling so the spectators can go on top of the flower pot itself? Or add some roots or the rose bush that overhang out of the flower pot a bit? Sorry if I sound stupid, I'm really not understanding exactly what you're trying to tell me. :p
Expand the quartz stairs up. Then if you added a few barriers it would solve the issue I mentioned earlier of not being able to see much of the map

youngfloppa

I think that maybe you should change the name, if I were to playing it without knowing the name, I wouldn't be able to guess it. I have realised that the mobs that spawn will be the "Zombies", maybe if you do what ninja requested that could work out.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
This map looks great! The detail is magnificent. But just a thought, the name IS "Plants Vs Zombies", I remember playing this when I was younger, so maybe you COULD add some of the plants from the game? Even a few graves and zombies? Just an idea
I could add some graves, but I wasn't aiming for making it like the game itself, I wanted it to be unique for what it is, but have the same name as the plants are there and the zombies will spawn. Just to give it a nice fresh feeling. :)

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
Expand the quartz stairs up. Then if you added a few barriers it would solve the issue I mentioned earlier of not being able to see much of the map
Quartz stairs have been expanded upwards so players can now go on top of the flower pot. Barriers have been added so mobs can't attack them and the players can't get out or in. :)

Dawsonas

I disagree. I think we could actually use new types of arenas. I think mob arena could use a little change. Btw Sam, it is really good!

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I disagree. I think we could actually use new types of arenas. I think mob arena could use a little change. Btw Sam, it is really good!
Thanks! Mob Arena was updated recently, but having an entire revamp I think would be good for the Server, especially with a bunch of new Maps to choose from and possibly new kits. :)

Dawsonas

Thanks! Mob Arena was updated recently, but having an entire revamp I think would be good for the Server, especially with a bunch of new Maps to choose from and possibly new kits. :)
Another idea, maybe you could even talk about an update where there are new kits that you can only use on a certain arena? that'd be cool :D and if it becomes a thing, add some for your map :3

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Another idea, maybe you could even talk about an update where there are new kits that you can only use on a certain arena? that'd be cool :D and if it becomes a thing, add some for your map :3
They used to have that for the snow arena.