• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Parkour Parkour 1 v 1 Challenges!

_Bach_

Retired Staff
I was thinking of a cool new twist to parkour that combines the 1 v 1 feature of PVP and Parkour. The idea is essentially that you could challenge another player to a parkour race in a closed course. *cough* Masterfireheart would love this *cough* ;)

Here are some details for the idea:
  • There would be several maps which would be around the same difficulty in each category... So you could have 3 maps randomly chosen under "easy", 3 maps under "medium" and 2 under "hard" or whatever. I would be happy to build these maps for these challenges.
  • The Goal of the challenge would be speed and agility (what parkour is all about), so there would be a set time limit for the challenge (say, 3 minutes) and after that time, if no one had finished the map, the match would end in a draw.
  • You could unlock cool hats, maybe a secret exclusive parkour, or something like that with enough challenge wins. Even if there was no reward for winning challenges, it would make a great addition to the parkour server.
  • If you fall from the course, you just get teleported to the beginning of the map (you don't die and loose the challenge)
  • There could be an option to join a server-wide queue and get randomly matched with another user for random parkour matches :)
So, there would be a new item (similar to the blaze rod in pvp) that you could use in hub to send a request to a player to 1 v 1 them parkour style :)

You wouldn't have to hide players to run on a busy parkour course (like if you wanted to race on D1) or chose an obscure parkour... but you would have a separate arena specifically for 1 v 1 challenges :)

I think this would draw more people into parkour and into the server in general, and besides building the challenge arenas, wouldn't be hard to develop. If this gets enough positive feedback, I would be happy to make an easy, medium and hard arena to start things off!

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
This sounds amazing! I love parkour and I think this would make an amazing addition to the server! =D

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I was thinking of a cool new twist to parkour that combines the 1 v 1 feature of PVP and Parkour. The idea is essentially that you could challenge another player to a parkour race in a closed course. *cough* Masterfireheart would love this *cough* ;)

Here are some details for the idea:
  • There would be several maps which would be around the same difficulty in each category... So you could have 3 maps randomly chosen under "easy", 3 maps under "medium" and 2 under "hard" or whatever. I would be happy to build these maps for these challenges.
  • The Goal of the challenge would be speed and agility (what parkour is all about), so there would be a set time limit for the challenge (say, 3 minutes) and after that time, if no one had finished the map, the match would end in a draw.
  • You could unlock cool hats, maybe a secret exclusive parkour, or something like that with enough challenge wins. Even if there was no reward for winning challenges, it would make a great addition to the parkour server.
  • If you fall from the course, you just get teleported to the beginning of the map (you don't die and loose the challenge)
  • There could be an option to join a server-wide queue and get randomly matched with another user for random parkour matches :)
So, there would be a new item (similar to the blaze rod in pvp) that you could use in hub to send a request to a player to 1 v 1 them parkour style :)

You wouldn't have to hide players to run on a busy parkour course (like if you wanted to race on D1) or chose an obscure parkour... but you would have a separate arena specifically for 1 v 1 challenges :)

I think this would draw more people into parkour and into the server in general, and besides building the challenge arenas, wouldn't be hard to develop. If this gets enough positive feedback, I would be happy to make an easy, medium and hard arena to start things off!
I LOVE this idea!!! :D OoOoO btw you joined on March 2nd, 2015 which was my 13th birthday!!! xD never realized it before..

brandon2002

Luvely idea from heaven, this should be added :D
+100000
Uh oops, I meant +1... Yea you can't vote more than once... XD

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
1- The Parkour currency which you would get by completing Parkours/reaching checkpoints and spend it on cosmetic rewards such as hats, particles, etc. was already suggested and accepted and it will be added soon, no need to repeat it Bach :)
2- This can be done but seriously, is it too hard to tell to someone "Hey, fancy a Parkour race at Clouds?" "Sure, let's do it! The first who reaches the end wins, no checkpoints!". Tbh, I really think this is completely useless and Parkour has so much potential for other much better things to be done! Just think about it twice and tell me if this is really needed in the server. :)