• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Declined (Not yet named) - Built By Team Technic

joexxx6

This Team Technic's first Kit PvP 1v1 map! We're letting the HHG community decide the name of this map, so don't be afraid to post name suggestions on this thread!

Built by: Team Technic

Builders: TheSpeedyTurtle_, shonk and pofoma

2017-07-16_08.58.12.png
2017-07-16_08.58.23.png
2017-07-16_08.58.31.png
2017-07-16_09.01.34.png
2017-07-16_09.02.14.png

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
I don't like the random coal and blocks in the borders at all, and again you can tell it isn't really natural because you can especially see the world edit as well as the blocks being random. You can really tell all you did was use a brush with random blocks being a sphere and plopping it down for the border. The waterfall is nice, and maybe a few more organics around the edges. Also maybe have a greater composition of grass blocks with the mixed green clay.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
I don't like the random coal and blocks in the borders at all, and again you can tell it isn't really natural because you can especially see the world edit as well as the blocks being random. You can really tell all you did was use a brush with random blocks being a sphere and plopping it down for the border. The waterfall is nice, and maybe a few more organics around the edges. Also maybe have a greater composition of grass blocks with the mixed green clay.
Hey, don't underestimate //brush sphere, 50% of the Parkour World SG arena I made is that, lol. I agree with you though, our standards have changed a lot since then

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
I mean it doesn't look terrible but I do also believe that world edit was obviously used for the hills; and that's ok it's an easy fix to make it more natural. I also don't like the coal but that has already been covered. Other than that it looks a bit simple but yah I think the house and water look good.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I'm sorry but I don't really like this Map. The border isn't nice to look at and the ground itself is incredibly plain with only a house and 1 tree to show off any type of structure. The house itself is nice but it doesn't really fit in the Map itself. It would make more sense for the river to have a bridge going over it to add in more structures to covere up a bit more space. Right now I'm really not liking it... =/

ImTea

Retired Staff
I'm sorry but I don't really like this Map. The border isn't nice to look at and the ground itself is incredibly plain with only a house and 1 tree to show off any type of structure. The house itself is nice but it doesn't really fit in the Map itself. It would make more sense for the river to have a bridge going over it to add in more structures to covere up a bit more space. Right now I'm really not liking it... =/
100% agreeing with Sam here. Just too much world edit on the borders, not enough in the actual map.

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
The borders don't look like 100% horrible from the inside of the map - but you can definitely see that world edit has been used. Why not smooth it out more to a more organic shape?
Wonderful use of texture. And the structures you've used in the map are half decent, but the house is way too plump? Why is the bottom so short and the roof so big? And I don't know why you've used oak slabs on the trunk of the tree. Yes, oak slabs match the oak wood you've used in that sense, but spruce slabs match the oak texture so much better.
And please ferns and flowers! The ground is so empty and green right now. It needs more colour. Some leaves would be nice too. Don't add too many ferns and flowers though, because remember, it is PVP. But that would instantly improve the map in my eyes.
The map has potential though.

joexxx6

The borders don't look like 100% horrible from the inside of the map - but you can definitely see that world edit has been used. Why not smooth it out more to a more organic shape?
Wonderful use of texture. And the structures you've used in the map are half decent, but the house is way too plump? Why is the bottom so short and the roof so big? And I don't know why you've used oak slabs on the trunk of the tree. Yes, oak slabs match the oak wood you've used in that sense, but spruce slabs match the oak texture so much better.
And please ferns and flowers! The ground is so empty and green right now. It needs more colour. Some leaves would be nice too. Don't add too many ferns and flowers though, because remember, it is PVP. But that would instantly improve the map in my eyes.

We are working on editing it, hopefully all the things you have explained will be covered

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
I agree with jam

pofoproud

Trusted Member
I 100% agree with you but i am working on the borders and i can easily change up the house and and flowers on the ground ;)

Maatchaa

We smoothed the border out and added some flowers! (By we I mean Team Technic, i'm part of the team)
We will update screenshots soon.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
-=+=-
Still some things I don't like:

The border looks very rough and unnatural, there's just something about it that I don't like when I look at it.

Flowers would benefit the ground instead of just Grass spammed onto the floor. The house looks better with the fences etc... and I like the tree. But overall it's extremely basic and a bit of a pointless theme for a 1v1 Kit PvP Arena. (There's nothing really special about it, the Map is just there.)
-=+=-

Trenly

Admin
Admin
As with every map there are pros and cons. I like the tree, its kind of cute. The terrain is mostly flat which makes it good for pvp. However, the ground seems to have almost too much clay and it seems unnatural. The cliffs also just have something about them that seems odd. Perhaps they are too flat? Perhaps its the dirt? Perhaps its that the blocks are just a bit too random? Maybe its a combination of things, I'm not entirely sure. The waterfall is a nice idea, but having a river run into a wall is a bit strange. Had it ended in a lake, or ran into a cave that players couldnt enter I think it would be better. The house is charming, but the curls on the roof just seem to not really fit. I have never in real life seen a house that has that type of curl on the end of the roof. In some build styles it is good, such as a fantasy build. In this map it just doesnt seem to fit. Some flowers would really benefit this map, instead of all grass. There could be more detail as the whole map seems a bit plain, but a lot of that may stem from the ground having a lot of clay. The theme of the map also doesnt seem really strong, its more of just a random build is what it looks like.

Sorry, but this map has been declined.

youngfloppa

To be honest this map looks a bit lazy. The only effort put into it was the house, the rest I could have done in 5mins. I don't like how you have just pasted in random blocks to make a "texture" for the grass, rocks and water. With the gras I'd recommend just haveing grass, maybe some more scenery. The stream after the waterfall goes nowhere, maybe make a cave that the water goes into and cover the entrance with barriers.

youngfloppa

The map also looks a bit claustrophobic, open it up a little, have some secondary or even tertiary layers of clifs so it doesn't feel like your stuck in a hole, but still try to keep a border. You could always make the map a little bigger.