• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

SCBB No more camping

ChildMusher69

It's really annoying when people camp, and you cant reach their position just because you have a small jump boost. Camping could be prevented this could be added. 'If a person didn't take damage for a minute, they take enough damage to kill them.' This also helps with 3 way teams (which are so frustrating). One person is hiding (that's reasonable) and 3 people who cannot access them are teamed. They would die for teaming. Of course people wouldn't have to hide (and die) if they knew that the other players would die from not taking damage.

MysticMusician

What if you're just fighting and not taking damage though? or someone is shooting at you and missing? or it's you and 1 other person left and you can't find each other. then you'll keep dying for no reason, and makes it like impossible for flawless wins...I don't play scb much but I personally don't like this idea, and think sometimes you just gotta deal with teaming and camping.

Nootch

Trusted Member
Camping is ehh. Teaming, I agree this shouldn't be a thing but I don't like your approach to stopping them. Sorry but you're still cool for thinking of how to stop it :p

Trenly

Admin
Admin
What about: If a person did not change X or Z coordinates for more than 60 seconds, they would be randomly teleported to one of the spawn points. That would eliminate camping.

I see nothing wrong with teams of two in SCBB, but teams of three are a bit excessive. The only way to maybe stop that is to see if there is a rule that prohibits tri-teaming, and if there is, report it. EDIT: just looked. There is no rule that I know of

_Bach_

Retired Staff
I have won plenty games where I don't take damage because I can fire long range projectiles and I can have better timing with my weapon. Some games I barely took a hit, so if it was damage recieved, this would be a problem.

Furthermore, what Trenly suggested isn't as good an option, but is better. I would say auto killing people just because they didn't move could be glitchy, annoying, and there is a simpler way to fix the problem:

Make maps that don't have camping spots xD and if someone has camped before, one person get a long range class or a high jumping class like ender dragon or skeleton with the bow :) Auto killing players doesn't seem to me to be an effective way of fixing the "camping problem"