• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Misworded Rule

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
My thoughts behind these suggestions is of people who rely on their friends for support, and by losing them... yeah... it wouldn't be pretty. I've had friends who relied on MC servers to keep in contact, and were muted. They then lost all their other friends and basically left me with their final words before they logged off the server, presumably to kill themselves. (I am crying as I remember these moments of trying to talk them out of it, and I couldn't...)
I fully understand where you are coming from, and I'm sorry for that. The problem is we can't weed out the people who are legit or not. Say like in the case of your friend we allowed them to. Then tons of other people would pretend so that they could to. It's not really possible for the staff team to even monitor that. Like Smoke said most of the time it comes through reports and messages. Anyway, I'm repeating myself a lot here. That's what I think and Smoke as well, we'll have to see what Zainos says.

Handeril

I fully understand where you are coming from, and I'm sorry for that. The problem is we can't weed out the people who are legit or not. Say like in the case of your friend we allowed them to. Then tons of other people would pretend so that they could to. It's not really possible for the staff team to even monitor that. Like Smoke said most of the time it comes through reports and messages. Anyway, I'm repeating myself a lot here. That's what I think and Smoke as well, we'll have to see what Zainos says.

My thoughts are, we can expand what can be reported by other players and/or handled by the staff team.

or

We can implement a plugin that informs players when they message another player if said player is muted.

Handeril

Trenly, this topic seems a bit "hot button", so simply locking it would allow it to, for certain, fade into obscurity.

cStella

Retired Staff
My thoughts are, we can expand what can be reported by other players and/or handled by the staff team.

or

We can implement a plugin that informs players when they message another player if said player is muted.

Are you are suggesting that Zainos and Staff should have to do even more work monitoring players and even make changes to the Rules just because a player didn't bother to read them and/or can't deal with the consequences for breaking the rules?

Handeril

Are you are suggesting that Zainos and Staff should have to do even more work monitoring players and even make changes to the Rules just because a player didn't bother to read them and/or can't deal with the consequences for breaking the rules?

LeStella, what if they were wrongfully muted, and cannot dispute it? (Because their parents won't let them register to the forums...)

What if you got muted, had no other means of communication except HHGN, and had no irl friends who could pass on the word? What if, all your friends thought you were ignoring them and left you "in the dust" just because you refused to break the rules or couldn't tell them "Hey, I'm muted"?

poise_

The point of an arugument is for each side to present a case and debate their views. I think we all managed to get our point across. While I personally agree with points from both sides. Out of all of this, I personally think that there should be some plugin that says your muted. But I personally don't believe the rule should be changed whatsoever.
It looks like to me that everyone has stated their opinions and this is for Zainos to decide now. No point in repeating what was already said as it's getting this no where.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I don't want to join this argument, but I just have to say that if someone's muted, their friends should be able to know that they're muted somehow if they don't have any other way to communicate to them. Otherwise it could ruin friendships if they think that they're feeling ignored. Those are just my thoughts. =)

Tuut

Trusted Member
LeStella, what if they were wrongfully muted, and cannot dispute it? (Because their parents won't let them register to the forums...)

What if you got muted, had no other means of communication except HHGN, and had no irl friends who could pass on the word? What if, all your friends thought you were ignoring them and left you "in the dust" just because you refused to break the rules or couldn't tell them "Hey, I'm muted"?
Omg getting into if's is irrelevant. I doubt Zainos wants to tailor the rules to every little kids situation. If he/she can't register on forums that's not the servers fault. Sounds mean, but that's how it is broski.

Yeet

MineJam

Retired Staff
Its a game with simple rules... If you break a rule that is specifically stated on the forums its not the server or staffs fault. It is yours. People get in trouble for using skype because they use it to communicate to there friends and there friend then types what they said in chat for them. example: "he said that he hates you". THAT will get you banned and is 100% against the rules. Easy solution = don't break the rules. And if you're wrongly muted its not hard to screenshot and post it on the forums and make a dispute. And most of the time you get multiple warnings and its usually not a long mute. Just don't break the easy to follow rules....

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
I don't want to join this argument, but I just have to say that if someone's muted, their friends should be able to know that they're muted somehow if they don't have any other way to communicate to them. Otherwise it could ruin friendships if they think that they're feeling ignored. Those are just my thoughts. =)
I agree, I know what rejection can do to people.

Handeril

Omg getting into if's is irrelevant. I doubt Zainos wants to tailor the rules to every little kids situation. If he/she can't register on forums that's not the servers fault. Sounds mean, but that's how it is broski.

Yeet

I went into "if"s to set up a situation for someone who has never (and likely will never) know how it feels to be in a someone else's shoes. Plus, it's not just a single kid or a few, I've encountered alot of kids who have basically no permission to sign up to anything outside of the server in question due to restrictive parents. So I think it should at least be helpful to put in a plugin that notifies people if the recipient of their message is muted. (So that way, they don't lose friends due to being "ignored" or be forced to break the rules of the server even more or even get in trouble with their own parents.)

This has gone from tossing in a few ideas in a "2 cents" post, to being a full-on argument about whether anything should be done for a literally "silent" crowd. Yes, they broke the rules, but isn't it enough of a living heck not to be able to talk to your friends whatsoever? Do they have to be forced to either break rules to get the news across, or possibly lose friends because they feel ignored?

Yes, they did something wrong, but if they can't dispute their mute (that rhymes) and obviously can't say they're muted. It'll at least be helpful for someone to be informed if a recipient is muted upon messaging them.

It seems like an extremely simple idea, and it wouldn't hurt to know if your best friend is muted or not, right? (As well as when they'll be unmuted, if they ever are.)

From this point forth, I feel like it's a better idea to stick with the plugin idea. Since it's the most lightweight/easy fix for a moderate issue. It wouldn't change the rules, and the notice won't pop up if you proudly broadcast any message you send to all of your friends. It would be exclusive to a run-of-the-mill private message.

[Seriously, is it really THAT bad to at least make it where the muted can rest assured their friends know they're muted when they message them?]

Last edited:

MineJam

Retired Staff
Why not just make it so when you try to message a muted person it tells you that they're muted.. ive seen that on many other servers.

iwasakoala

To me, that sounds like a problem/conversation they need to have with their parents if that's the case.
Some people may not like to tell their parents they are muted, say if they were 7 and they got muted for profanity then how would they tell their parents that? I dont think they would be to happy

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
Some people may not like to tell their parents they are muted, say if they were 7 and they got muted for profanity then how would they tell their parents that? I dont think they would be to happy
I agree with Handeril. Although, if they are swearing and their parents don't want them to and they are 7 then they are immature and that's a problem they have to deal with. We can't tater to everyone's personal life in the rules.

Handeril

I agree with Handeril. Although, if they are swearing and their parents don't want them to and they are 7 then they are immature and that's a problem they have to deal with. We can't tater to everyone's personal life in the rules.

Exactly, I mean, yeah I'm using only one demographic of players to represent my case, but there are more ways that someone would just have to "deal with it" regarding a mute...

Why not just make it so when you try to message a muted person it tells you that they're muted.. ive seen that on many other servers.

Dude... that's what I've been talking about for a few posts now instead of changing the rule.

#WhenPeopleDon'tReadAllThePosts

iwasakoala

Exactly, I mean, yeah I'm using only one demographic of players to represent my case, but there are more ways that someone would just have to "deal with it" regarding a mute...

Dude... that's what I've been talking about for a few posts now instead of changing the rule.

#WhenPeopleDon'tReadAllThePosts
Well, there is 47 posts and some are quite long...

MineJam

Retired Staff
Why would I read all of the posts lol. They are long and I'd rather not waste my time reading other peoples (Mostly very young kids) opinions. Rather not