• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global MINI-MODDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonze

You don't have a recording software, Screenshot button not working, You don't have gyazo and you're not allowed to download them.
Does ur screenshot button not work?
I mean ask someone else to do it for u?

Majorconnor10

My opinion is just that half of the mini-modding rule is something I don't agree with. I agree that impersonating a staff is bad.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Did you even read my post I wrote? The reason we do not allow players to warn for things is because they often abuse the rules, misrespresent them and the server, and are immature. The vast majority of mini modding I see is kids tryharding or trying to decieve another player into doing what they want.

And once again, what good does it do you to mini mod when you cant punish? "Do not spam minecraftdude123" and they respond with more spam. Now what? The best option to get someone dealt with is to contact online staff, or Xist_ if there are none on, justmake a report. Everyone can screenshot. It is VERY rare that i have someone inform me their parents wont let them even upload a screenshot. 99.99% of the time, they can and do.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Trenly, you are wrong. What other way is there besides mini-modding? None, because you can't say to stop or tell them it is against the rules.
  • I heard you the first time (name), no need to spam that message
  • Was it really necessary to swear there?
  • I do not like foul language and would appreciate if you stop swearing
Those are just a few ways that you can ask people to stop without mini-modding. There are many more too

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Actually another thread, but yea I took a quick look at yours too. And no, Zainos didint only choose they because of personality. Staff don't only just ban and remind people of rules kid. Trenly isint allowed to say jack, but they do a lot behind the HHG scenes. They run the server you could say. I dont know if this is correct, but some of them work on developing the updates and additions we want on the game, Some of them build for hours *cough* Trenly *cough* as the build team, maintenance, etc. Point is your little paragraph up there is kind of insulting if you think staff only ban people :/
It is the Devs, not staff, who work on gamemodes. And Builders are not staff
"Maybe we can lessen the punishment to a 3 day kick instead of ban" which is what those two comments is what Trenly would say and hopefully maybe he would say the second comment.
Do NOT put words in my mouth.
That's mini-modding tho...
no, mini-moddig would be "Watch the language" or "Please do not swear". In the satement I suggested, there is no attempting to warn as a staff memer. You would only be asking them to stop swearing for your own personal benefit

Zelistra

Trusted Member
No. Just No.

Any time i see a player mini-modding it leads to an argument. Even something as simple as giving a form of warning is a job for ONLY staff, as they are the only ones who enforce the rules. I vote to keep it that way
"Please stop spamming" is said so many times by so many people... And nothing ever happened when someone says it, so in my opinion this should be allowed.. Just sayin

Zelistra

Trusted Member
We added that clear definition of mini modding into the rules because it is very needed
1. Many players are too immature to enforce the rules, or misapply them. Some people do understand fhe rules, but I have seen MANY players give false information or even try and warp the rules in their favor

2. When you attempt to "remind" players of the rules, you are attempting to enforce the rules. Things like "please dont spam" or "watch the language" are not words of "reminder"

3. As Trenly aptly pointed out, most times someone mini mods, it just creates uneeded controversy.

4. Why mini mod? If you say "watch the language", and they continue swearing, you cannot mute them. They dont listen to you, as they know you are not staff. You accomplish nothing, so there is no point.

All in all, mini modding is not allowed for several reasons, and i see no reason why it should be allowed. A player is only temp muted for it (not banned as you said). The best ways to deal with a player mini modding, as Smoke quoted fhe rules, is to contact staff on forums or in game.
How long will you be muted if you get caught saying "Please stop spamming"?

Nonze

"Please stop spamming" is said so many times by so many people... And nothing ever happened when someone says it, so in my opinion this should be allowed.. Just sayin
Exactly nothing ever happens so just report them, it actually does something
Telling people to stop spamming usually causes them to spam more o_O

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
It is quite obvious this is carrying on when some people have clarified what some above questions were. It is not that hard to report someone, even if a staff member is on, you can report a player, at anytime if they break a rule and it can be dealt with ASAP when a staff member can get online. There are also guides to help you extensively through the process of reporting someone. And if no one has read the rules I highly suggest reading them.

Status
Not open for further replies.