• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global MINI-MODDING

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK_Credius

Mini-Modding. People get reported for this, and I'm not saying it's correct, I'm saying certain aspects of it should be allowed. Today I saw some threads where people were asking if they could report players for "Mini-Modding" because they said "Please stop spamming" or similar things. In my opinion I think that players posing as staff should be punished, but players who are just stating rules and asking players to stop going against the rules shouldn't be punished because they tried to do a good thing, this should be encouraged. We are not stealing your jobs, we are trying to enjoy the community. What if a player is new to the server and starts spamming chat talking real fast? It's not his fault, besides staff and reporters I don't think anybody reads the rules, even though it's common knowledge, banning someone for that without giving them a chance is cruel. As part of the community the people should be given the right to tell players to stop or remind the players of the rules set forth by the creators of this server.

Please remove the rule which says that players stating rules, reminding others of the rules, or simply asking the players to stop, and it's punishments.

As always, we leave the decision to you Zainos.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
No. Just No.

Any time i see a player mini-modding it leads to an argument. Even something as simple as giving a form of warning is a job for ONLY staff, as they are the only ones who enforce the rules. I vote to keep it that way

RK_Credius

Is it right to ban the players who try helping the server? No. They were just reminding and as you have told me in older threads, staff have busy lives and can't be on all day to help the server.

Nonze

I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say u were talking about my thread huh :eek:
This idea is terrible.
What's the point of having to apply for staff if all u do is ban people.
Why do u think zainos has to think u have the right personality to become staff? Yes that's right to be able to handle the hhg community. They take care of situations in chat unlike I've never seen before. Whenever a staff member says something in chat it works so clearly and they do it in a proffesional way. There's a reason zainos handpicks his staff members bc they need to be a right fit as one. If we had random kids telling other people the rules there would be no point in staff other than banning. This is by far the longest reply I have ever done o_O

RK_Credius

Actually another thread, but yea I took a quick look at yours too. And no, Zainos didint only choose they because of personality. Staff don't only just ban and remind people of rules kid. Trenly isint allowed to say jack, but they do a lot behind the HHG scenes. They run the server you could say. I dont know if this is correct, but some of them work on developing the updates and additions we want on the game, Some of them build for hours *cough* Trenly *cough* as the build team, maintenance, etc. Point is your little paragraph up there is kind of insulting if you think staff only ban people :/

Nonze

Actually another thread, but yea I took a quick look at yours too. And no, Zainos didint only choose they because of personality. Staff don't only just ban and remind people of rules kid. Trenly isint allowed to say jack, but they do a lot behind the HHG scenes. They run the server you could say. I dont know if this is correct, but some of them work on developing the updates and additions we want on the game, Some of them build for hours *cough* Trenly *cough* as the build team, maintenance, etc. Point is your little paragraph up there is kind of insulting if you think staff only ban people :/
Before u call me and kid look at out age difference real quick I bet u sound liKe a 10 yr old irl trust me I can tell.
Trying to mame me look like I'm trying to insult staff? Nice try bud nice try
And they run the server? At least one thing u said is true
But u know they have a development team ;)
And in your words and since I'm allowed to say this there u go "kid"

RK_Credius

What exactly did you post do? You tried insulting me and trying to find my age ( I'm 13 and I sound like a 14 year old ), I didn't TRY to mame you, You literally said " What's the point of having to apply for staff if all you do is ban people", And yes I do know they have a developer team, you can see that when i mention the build team.

Kid.

And the reason why staff sound so professional is because they analyze the situation, and since most of them is in high school and have high school English, they carefully use words to describe the situation and know exactly what they say. If you haven't noticed staff don't just burst in the PVP server and tell the spammer to ****.

Nonze

What exactly did you post do? You tried insulting me and trying to find my age ( I'm 13 and I sound like a 14 year old ), I didn't TRY to mame you, You literally said " What's the point of having to apply for staff if all you do is ban people", And yes I do know they have a developer team, you can see that when i mention the build team.

Kid.
I know ur 13 it says it on ur profile page :eek: and of course u sound 14 of course

"Kid" - Rk_Whatevertfhisnameis
"Ur paragraph is kinda insulting" - Rk_Sensitive

If u wanna put quotes out there do it.

"I didn't try to mame u" - RK_goodytwoshoes

"Your little paragraph - Rk_Maming

Who tried to insult who first?

RK_Credius

RK? Wut?

"Sound like a 10 yrs old"

"kid"

"No point in staff other than banning"

All the silly names you made for me insulting me with my last minecraft name RK_Credius, now shut it because your only embarrasing yourself and a mod will come lock this thread if you do continue, or just mute you if you continue after what I said now stop it, because I'm actually trying to save the people you report for no good reason unless they said "I am ZAINOS/TRENLY/UNITUS/ELECTRICSTORM/SMOKESCREEN/Etc"

Nonze

RK? Wut?

"Sound like a 10 yrs old"

"kid"

"No point in staff other than banning"

All the silly names you made for me insulting me with my last minecraft name RK_Credius, now shut it because your only embarrasing yourself and a mod will come lock this thread if you do continue, or just mute you if you continue after what I said now stop it, because I'm actually trying to save the people you report for no good reason.
All the quotes u just said were after u insulted me lol
I'm embarrassing myself? Idc
Lock this thread? Sure
Mute me? For defending myself from ur what u call maming
Save the people I report? Well I'm sorry for being such a monster ur our one and only savior sir what a good person u are.
Btw I've I only reported ONE person for mini kidding ONE and he was threatening to ban someone :rolleyes:
I hope im not hurting ur feelings I'm just saying the truth I don't have filters when i say things I just say what's in my mind

iiCrunch

Lol no offense but ur thread is dumb. In a nutshell u asked to allow a little bit of mini modding. And u said new player didn't know spam isn't a rule. Everyone knows spamming is a rule. That's like saying a hacker not knowing he can get banned for hacks.

RK_Credius

You don't even get the thread. All you do want it to shut this thread down, as shown when I lured you into the trap of saying yes to shutting this thread. This thread is about removing the punishment, ban, from players who were only trying to help and that this gives those players a chance to help the community.

Now, if you weren't so upfront and, well, unthinking, you might have said "Well players would just say shut up noob" instead of solving the problem and making it worse, or "Maybe we can lessen the punishment to a 3 day kick instead of ban" which is what those two comments is what Trenly would say and hopefully maybe he would say the second comment.

I admit my thread is kind of rubbish but all I wanted is for Zainos to atlesdt remove the ban sentence from the players who were stating rules and not pretending to be one of them.

iiCrunch

You don't even get the thread. All you do want it to shut this thread down, as shown when I lured you into the trap of saying yes to shutting this thread
It's a trap? O nooooo I have to escape I'm in your grasp
This thread is about removing the punishment, ban, from players who were only trying to help and that this gives those players a chance to help the community.
Hold up wasn't this a trap or a dumb suggestion to allow some parts of mini modding.
Now, if you weren't so upfront
Lol k guys let's downback now
I admit my thread is kind of rubbish
We know

Nonze

SOMEBODY HELP I'M IN HIS TRAP!
U admitted ur own thread is rubbish
I didn't come here to insult u in the first place if u read my first comment but guess who called me a kid and said I was insulting staff? And if u think about it closely I agreed to this thread getting locked not trying to get it locked :eek:
Players stating rules are pretending to be staff btw -_- read the rules
I would wrote more but I'm trying to get out of ur trap

Last edited:

MajorlyHacking

I think people shouldn't be BANNED if they tell people to follow the rules, but it should result to a day or two mute against them. Banning is very severe for just reminding players of the rules. Yes, I know it is a staff's job and this is considered mini-modding but I just think it is right for another chance. If someone keeps doing it, then maybe it can be a ban, but maybe only a week ban. Thank you for reading my post! :D

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
Mini-Modding. People get reported for this, and I'm not saying it's correct, I'm saying certain aspects of it should be allowed. Today I saw some threads where people were asking if they could report players for "Mini-Modding" because they said "Please stop spamming" or similar things. In my opinion I think that players posing as staff should be punished, but players who are just stating rules and asking players to stop going against the rules shouldn't be punished because they tried to do a good thing, this should be encouraged. We are not stealing your jobs, we are trying to enjoy the community. What if a player is new to the server and starts spamming chat talking real fast? It's not his fault, besides staff and reporters I don't think anybody reads the rules, even though it's common knowledge, banning someone for that without giving them a chance is cruel. As part of the community the people should be given the right to tell players to stop or remind the players of the rules set forth by the creators of this server.

Please remove the rule which says that players stating rules, reminding others of the rules, or simply asking the players to stop, and it's punishments.

As always, we leave the decision to you Zainos.
As seen in www.happy-hg.com/rules:

Impersonating Staff/Mini-Modding

Claiming you are a staff member, have staff permissions (such as kick or ban) or acting like a staff member is not allowed.

Additionally, attempting to enforce the rules like a staff member (Mini-Modding) is prohibited. If you see a player breaking the rules, contact online staff or report the player here. Do not attempt to warn or correct the player’s behavior yourself.

We encourage players to report people/contact staff if they are online of such an incident in the case of that we can deal with the player breaking a rule. Mini-modding does not always stop a player, and as Trenly said, can sometimes lead to arguments. Again as I have stated, just report players here under player reports. Thank you for understanding.

Majorconnor10

Claiming you are a staff member, have staff permissions (such as kick or ban) or acting like a staff member is not allowed.

I agree with this ^

Additionally, attempting to enforce the rules like a staff member (Mini-Modding) is prohibited. If you see a player breaking the rules, contact online staff or report the player here. Do not attempt to warn or correct the player’s behavior yourself.

I DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS!!! ^^^

_Bach_

Retired Staff
We added that clear definition of mini modding into the rules because it is very needed
1. Many players are too immature to enforce the rules, or misapply them. Some people do understand fhe rules, but I have seen MANY players give false information or even try and warp the rules in their favor

2. When you attempt to "remind" players of the rules, you are attempting to enforce the rules. Things like "please dont spam" or "watch the language" are not words of "reminder"

3. As Trenly aptly pointed out, most times someone mini mods, it just creates uneeded controversy.

4. Why mini mod? If you say "watch the language", and they continue swearing, you cannot mute them. They dont listen to you, as they know you are not staff. You accomplish nothing, so there is no point.

All in all, mini modding is not allowed for several reasons, and i see no reason why it should be allowed. A player is only temp muted for it (not banned as you said). The best ways to deal with a player mini modding, as Smoke quoted fhe rules, is to contact staff on forums or in game.

Majorconnor10

I think you should be able to warn them, and if they keep doing it, then you shouldn't be allowed to continue. That should be a compromise. I believe that the punishment should be minimal (at most 10 min mute.) But that's just me.

Xist_

We added that clear definition of mini modding into the rules because it is very needed
1. Many players are too immature to enforce the rules, or misapply them. Some people do understand fhe rules, but I have seen MANY players give false information or even try and warp the rules in their favor

2. When you attempt to "remind" players of the rules, you are attempting to enforce the rules. Things like "please dont spam" or "watch the language" are not words of "reminder"

3. As Trenly aptly pointed out, most times someone mini mods, it just creates uneeded controversy.

4. Why mini mod? If you say "watch the language", and they continue swearing, you cannot mute them. They dont listen to you, as they know you are not staff. You accomplish nothing, so there is no point.

All in all, mini modding is not allowed for several reasons, and i see no reason why it should be allowed. A player is only temp muted for it (not banned as you said). The best ways to deal with a player mini modding, as Smoke quoted fhe rules, is to contact staff on forums or in game.

So you're telling me if i was in skyblock with me and another guy and no one else. I have no way of reporting or no staff member is online. I'm not allowed to say "pls don't spam"? That seems a bit harsh all they are trying to do is stopping them annoying them and other players. imo thats a bit harsh

Status
Not open for further replies.