• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

SCBB Milk

Unimuspanet

I think milk should have another purpose other than for curing poison, which is gone before you get a chance to drink it, It could give a small heal to yourself or put out fire or give yourself a short fire resistance. At the moment it seems pointless to have in my opinion, also the brown mushroom on the baby cow is pointless. The red one has sharpness 2 knockback 2 and the brown one has sharpness 1 and knockback 1.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I think milk should have another purpose other than for curing poison, which is gone before you get a chance to drink it, It could give a small heal to yourself or put out fire or give yourself a short fire resistance. At the moment it seems pointless to have in my opinion, also the brown mushroom on the baby cow is pointless. The red one has sharpness 2 knockback 2 and the brown one has sharpness 1 and knockback 1.
About the mushroom.... Read this thread

jawa888

Thats not possible, HHG can't edit MC code.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
They can't edit Minecraft code, but they can write plugins. The code would have to have basically the following pseudocode
Code:
//check for any effects before drinking
//after drinking
    //if any effects were removed, do nothing
    //if none were removed
        //if flaming
           //extinguish
       //else
           //heal one heart
          // apply fire resistance for 30 seconds

Kaios

Retired Staff
...you can add just about any effects you want to. How do you think we made bows shoot wither heads or spawn eggs throwable or give those mushrooms effects? Lol with good coding just about anything is possible. You can thank our owner for that King Zainos and his Devs.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
...you can add just about any effects you want to. How do you think we made bows shoot wither heads or spawn eggs throwable or give those mushrooms effects? Lol with good coding just about anything is possible. You can thank our owner for that King Zainos and his Devs.
And yet there are so many bad coders out there... Thankfully Zainos and the Dev Team are GREAT coders!

SAFollis

Trusted Member
It is possible, it's NMS. It's just very very very unreliable and shouldn't be used.
Also you can see if the player drinks a milk bucket, and if they do just give them effects, remove fire, etc.
It'd be similar to this:
Code:
public void drinkMilk(PlayerBucketEmptyEvent e) {
        if (e.getBucket()==Material.MILK_BUCKET) {
            //Whatever
        }
    }
I support the idea of making milk do more.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Yeah I like the idea I'll make it so it also extinguish the fire, because for healing we already have the maxim tomato and heart container, we don't need more healing items and giving fire resistance is also not needed because we already have the fire resistance potion power up :)