• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Making a parkour

Ivy_

So I was in parkour today and then it hit me:

"Wow this is getting really boring I either need a new rank or we need more parkour"

So, I was thinking about building a new parkour for HHG but I literally have no idea what I'm doing.

Do I make a new single player world and create the parkour there? But how am I going to get the parkour to the staff if its in single player? Am I a good enough builder to even be considered? How am I going to test it if I am terrible with parkour?? Should I make the parkour easy so I won't have trouble testing it??? Should I take theme requests because I'm not creative????

Help ive got myself into quite the pickle...

Trenly

Admin
Admin
So I was in parkour today and then it hit me:

"Wow this is getting really boring I either need a new rank or we need more parkour"

So, I was thinking about building a new parkour for HHG but I literally have no idea what I'm doing.

Do I make a new single player world and create the parkour there? But how am I going to get the parkour to the staff if its in single player? Am I a good enough builder to even be considered? How am I going to test it if I am terrible with parkour?? Should I make the parkour easy so I won't have trouble testing it??? Should I take theme requests because I'm not creative????

Help ive got myself into quite the pickle...
You can make the parkour in singleplayer or on a creative plot. When you finish, take screenshots of the parkour and post it in the maps and worlds section here at forums. If the screenshots look like the map would be a good parkour, then I will ask you to PM me the world. There is a tutorial on how to do this in the tutorials guides and server help section of forums.

Every map posted in maps and worlds is considered, so don’t worry about if you are good enough to be considered. If you are terrible at parkour, thats fine. In fact, you don’t even have to test it. Although it is recommended that you test it, I test that every jump is possible before a map is added anyways. As for themes, that is up to you. I have seen people simply ask the others on parkour for theme ideas, you could create a thread in general discussion asking for ideas, you could even ask the HHG Discord. That said, not every theme idea is a good idea. As an example, creating another dungeon parkour would not be very likely to be accepted as we already have seven of them. Same could be said about creating a farm, biomes, volcano, etc. The more detailed the parkour is, and the more unique it is the more likely it is to be accepted.

The last thing about making and submitting maps is that they must meet the map criteria, which may be found at the top of the maps and world section.