• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Skywars Light Glitches ?

shmeado64

I am not entirely sure if this is just our computers or the actual game but quite often when playing skywars my friend and I always come across many light glitches. It is quite disruptive to the gameplay and... Yeah.

Kaios

Retired Staff
I have never had this happen to me nor do I see how this could effect game play. Could you record a video of this happening?

SAFollis

Trusted Member
I'm pretty sure you're talking about lighting glitches where it's all dark with glowstone or 1 block is lit but not others...
If so it'd be:
Stairs/slabs that have light on the other side, making the block that is shown (that is, while and no smooth lighting) all bright, but because it's a slab some of the light is visible.
Your Minecraft Client hasn't found glowstone/torches (needs a block update to register it) and everywhere is dark because of it. Just place a block/break a block right next to the light source.

But either way, if it's that, it isn't the servers fault, that'd be Minecraft.

___Barney___

I'm pretty sure you're talking about lighting glitches where it's all dark with glowstone or 1 block is lit but not others...
If so it'd be:
Stairs/slabs that have light on the other side, making the block that is shown (that is, while and no smooth lighting) all bright, but because it's a slab some of the light is visible.
Your Minecraft Client hasn't found glowstone/torches (needs a block update to register it) and everywhere is dark because of it. Just place a block/break a block right next to the light source.

But either way, if it's that, it isn't the servers fault, that'd be Minecraft.
Yea, pretty much and that has never happened to me either...