• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Invalid items in chest disappearing

Agent

This has happened twice, now, and I can't get it to repeat, but if anyone else sees it please report it.

1) I dropped a bunch of stuff in a chest
2) I went to the nether to fill some lava buckets
3) I came back to the chest
4) Most (but not all - at least I don't think all) of the stuff I added to the chest is missing.

No one is cooped to my island (or ever has been).

Of course, it was the high-enchants that disappeared, so I am not too happy about it. Ugh.

Agent

My island is haunted. I spawned 10 ocelots in a pen.

Logged out. Came back a little while later.

All 10 disappeared.

No other animals in the area were affected.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
This has happened twice, now, and I can't get it to repeat, but if anyone else sees it please report it.

1) I dropped a bunch of stuff in a chest
2) I went to the nether to fill some lava buckets
3) I came back to the chest
4) Most (but not all - at least I don't think all) of the stuff I added to the chest is missing.

No one is cooped to my island (or ever has been).

Of course, it was the high-enchants that disappeared, so I am not too happy about it. Ugh.
Make sure no one you don't want is cooped or in your island team, because that sounds like a common grief. Also do /is settings and make sure chest access to visitors is disabled, otherwise anyone who warped your island would be able to snoop in your chests.
My island is haunted. I spawned 10 ocelots in a pen.

Logged out. Came back a little while later.

All 10 disappeared.

No other animals in the area were affected.
Looks like the invisible mobs visual bug (which is being fixed). I would recommend to go back to 1.8 and check if they are there, since the temporarily visual glitch doesn't happens in 1.8. Furthermore, make sure the pen is secured because there are some mobs such as chickens that can get out of some pen types or get killed (by wolves for example)

theflame77

Retired Staff
Also ocelots that are not tamed will despawn just like hostile mobs. You have to turn them to cats to keep them from despawning.

Agent

Figured out the ocelot problem. Thanks though.

It wasn't the invisible mobs bug.

The island was never cooped or teamed so I'm still not sure what happened with the first part.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Figured out the ocelot problem. Thanks though.

It wasn't the invisible mobs bug.

The island was never cooped or teamed so I'm still not sure what happened with the first part.
Did you check and make sure with /is trust
Also try using different versions, going back to 1.8.9 usually makes things appear for some reason

Agent

Like I said, I've literally never cooped anyone. /is trust says no one as well. The stuff disappeared while I was in the nether for a couple of minutes, and I didn't get any notices that someone warped to my island.

I am pretty sure it was a server glitch that hit me a couple of times. I've not seen it since I wrote this (but I've not left stuff in a chest and gone to the nether much, either). I'll leave this here as a report, and update if it happens again. Thanks!

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Weird, please if it happens again and/or manage to reproduce it, message me ASAP