• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

I was banned for a stupid reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiya

I was permanently banned by someone because my username was "Disallowed", but there is literally nothing wrong with my username. My username is hipickle, and they said that it is too similar to the server [removed] which is stupid because i created that username like 4 years ago before I even knew about the server. Also they aren:t even that similar. Will you please un ban me.

Last edited by a moderator:

me32305

lol wtf. [removed] is a way more popular server than hhg. Why would they have to advertise on hhg? And why would you ban someone because their name is similar to a server? You only know that there name is similar because the server is so popular. I just don't get the logic here. Is the name banned or did a staff member see it and ban him? I'm so confused. Literally makes no sense at all.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
What about it?
Viper is a tryhard again

lol wtf. [removed] is a way more popular server than hhg. Why would they have to advertise on hhg? And why would you ban someone because their name is similar to a server? You only know that there name is similar because the server is so popular. I just don't get the logic here. Is the name banned or did a staff member see it and ban him? I'm so confused. Literally makes no sense at all. I swear the staff on this server need to pass 2nd grade first.
It's the rule, no advertising, no confusing names, doesn't matter what server it is, there are no exceptions. The staff didn't make the rules, they just have to follow them and punish rule breakers, I'm pretty sure Zainos made the rules

me32305

ad·ver·tis·ing - make (a quality or fact) known.

The only way people would know that his name is similar to [removed] is if they already knew about the server. There is no way in hell that you can look at his name and come up with the server [removed]. The rules have exceptions, there is no reason to act like they don't. Unless this guy is on the server spamming the ip of a server, or telling people to join [removed], there is no reason to say that he is advertising. He did not make the server known in any way.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
ad·ver·tis·ing - make (a quality or fact) known.

The only way people would know that his name is similar to [removed] is if they already knew about the server. There is no way in hell that you can look at his name and come up with the server [removed]. The rules have exceptions, there is no reason to act like they don't. Unless this guy is on the server spamming the ip of a server, or telling people to join [removed], there is no reason to say that he is advertising. He did not make the server known in any way.
And if you already know the server the username can remind you of it or something and you might go play on there? Idk I'm just guessing I don't make the rules lol

Not to mention that the staff member that banned him hasn't come on to say anything.
The staff member doesn't need to say anything lol, my friend got perm banned for saying the name of another big server through /msg and she just got perm banned, didn't complain at all and just left

me32305

And if you already know the server the username can remind you of it or something and you might go play on there? Idk I'm just guessing I don't make the rules lol

The staff member doesn't need to say anything lol, my friend got perm banned for saying the name of another big server through /msg and she just got perm banned, didn't complain at all and just left

"Idk I'm just guessing"

That's the exact response I was expecting. When you have no argument to why. Do you now understand how stupid this is?

joexxx6

I agree with me32305

It’s not really advertising if the other players already know the server. Also, it’s not like ‘Come join this server, here’s the name and ip!!!’ So I don’t really see why he should be banned for having his name similar to the server

joexxx6

I’m pretty sure they’re reminded about the server everytime they go on their server list...

pofoproud

Trusted Member
okay people, this "advertising" rule is in /rules, you can't change it. The only possible way to change a rule is if it was completely stupid, this rule is not. If y'all knew common advertising skills, one would be putting ur name or brand everywhere. to get people to know and try and figure out what ur "product" is. Therefore hhg does not want any other server names, on their server, even if it is a big or small server, u are still advertising it.

Thanks.

Universalz

Retired Staff
The rules are the rules. You can't make your own rules stating that just because the server is more popular than HHG doesn't mean it's not advertising. Some people don't know about the server, therefore it's still considered advertising. All you need to do it change your name and appeal, and if you don't want to change your name then just get an alt. If you don't have an alt and you don't want to change your name, then just don't come on the server lol.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Please to appeal your ban do it at http://happy-hg.com/forum/forums/punishment-disputes.10/ not here.
I understand your reason to be angry and unfortunately, as every single does, we take advertising very seriously here and we don't tolerate it. Furthermore, it's not that you have been banned directly, you have been kicked first as a first warning to change your name because advertising isn't allowed, not even via a Minecraft IGN, yet you decided to don't care about the rules and logged in again nonetheless. Therefore, you have been banned. There's no point to discuss this anymore as the decision has been taken, if you wish to appeal your ban once you changed your name, please submit a thread in the link above and you will be unbanned.

- Thread Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.