• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Hackers?

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • DUDE Y DOE

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unitus

Retired Staff
So wait, no comment on u guys just copy pasting your rejected ideas to the other guy, No comment and or sign of you trying to accept other people's ideas, or telling us the stuff you can tell us and working the other end to try to see if this idea can make it and you guys can improve and add more stuff to the server, and yes I do understand a little of what you staff do since I am a Builder on another server and the Staff are allowed to talk to me about stuff like that, Plugins must be added by only the Co-Owner, Developers have to work super hard on coding and testing and all these other things, but are you simply rejecting 80 percent of ideas just so you don't have to work?

Please show me a thread that has been ACCEPTED, Given good feed back an is now on the server. Must be 3 months old tops. I DARE you to show me a thread that has been added to the server because of someone on the server suggesting it.

BTW Capitl to MOCKINGJAY is a total ripoff, you pay 60 dollars for Capitol and another 50 to get to MOCKINGJAY when MOCKINGJAY is only 100 dollars and if u buy Capitol to Mockinjay you pay 110
You are getting defensive and going bias the REAL bourn of this topic, this suggestion just can't happen, and HHG does not work like any other server you are talking about, we are different, and saying we reject ideas just because we don't want to work on it, is really ignorant and disrespectful, the staff team works really hard to keep this server up and going (including the owner) and you say we don't do anything? Frivolous.

MysticMusician

Well if you think this is a respect issue I'd have to say you're not being very respectful to anyone's opinion. No one gave it positive feedback, because that's not how we felt about it. I'm sure there's someone who likes the idea, but everyone who has replied so far hasn't. The point of making a suggestion is so you inform the community of your idea. You should expect negative or positive feedback. They copied and pasted what they said, because their opinions were the same about your idea, as they were on the last one. No one disrespected you, but you're being disrespectful to everyone else.

RK_Credius

And Bach ( To me I think he's the most calm headed of all you copy pasting staffers ) you got a point there and when you said "rewards list" it got me thinking. You know how you guys give rewards to people who vote?

How about a rewards list on the FORUMNS for a monthly basis a Most Reported. But you would have had to report at least 200 hackers and they must be actual hackers. Plus Bach, since yesterday and today when I got on and told you of the hackers did you get attacked by people telling you about the hackers? Plus since its monthly it would make players less enthusiastic but still competing. Mabye make a Anti Spam chat for Staff. One message will pass through and nothing can come unless the Mod responds. Therefor he doesn't get spammed, Players who aren't noobs don't keep on repeating HACKER without telling you were they are ( can't u staff see what server players are on?) but he stills gets enough. Also you wouldn't be spammed if you guys were more active and less lazy or AFK. On several occasions I have Messaged staff and told them about a hacker that's why I like Bach, he's the definition ( of what I've seen ) of what a staff member should be. He gets on for periods of times, answers immediately to players ( if he can't he gives them an excuse and tells them he will be there soon ), and doesn't AFK!!! I would respect most of you and value your opinions if your rep that you have shown isint appealing to me. Smokescreen is mostly AFK when I msg him a hacker, I want a staff I can trust on to be there if someone is cheating.

RK_Credius

Cello I'm not even CLOSE to disrespect besides the message above me, unlike the other thread were Zinex got pissed at all of you guys.

I've tried to reach a hand out with you guys and try to see if you can give me any suggestions so that this can get through, but it's like you WANT hackers. Staff are here for a reason, to work hard for the server, but you guys have all been leaning toward " Too much work for staff . We no like idea"

MysticMusician

Now you're just bashing staff, which isn't going to help you...also reporting 200 hackers is a lot, especially with about an average of 500-700 players on at a time. I've been on the server for a while now, and I don't even have 50 reports. Also I have no suggestions for it to get through, because it won't. Multiple staff have said, and it didn't get through last time.

RK_Credius

No. This would create more problems than it would solve imo.

• Where would the title go? There really isnt a spot for it
  • Staff would have to modify karma every time they dealt with a report, taking away from time to deal with other reports
  • What happens of two people report the same person? Who gets the karma?
  • Why does there need to be any reward other than knowing you helped the server?
This thread was also recently posted: http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/hack-report-reward-system.12611

There are many reasons why this is a bad idea, first mods are not hired, they work voluntary with no payment, in a certain way this may promote a good anti-hacker wave, but then come the abusers who just want the reward, they will start to make up fake evidence and the wrong people being banned, plus all of the reports would have to go through moderators/helpers, and the only one that has the power/command to give rewards atm is Zainos, and he is really busy, so overall this will cause much more drama than there already is now with banning people, the system is fine and there is no reason to change it.

First of all, I would disagree in your estimation of how many players are actually hackers. Only a very small number of players hack, and usually are people who just drop in to hack for a few minutes till they are banned. Thats 90% of the HHG hackers. A few serial hackers are banned soon enough as well and removed from HHG.

That being said, the main reason players report/tell online staff about hackers is that it ruins their gameplay and they want to play normally. To make it reward based would cause numerous problems. First, it would be very hard to implement. Players would be begging for their rewards and all clamoring to make reports, valid or not. Secondly, this would result in a lot of spam reports and just nooby players reporting for hacks or whatever. Thirdly, if only hacker reports gave rewards, then players would often not like to report other rule breakers, like people who spam or swear, as those reports dont give a reward. As a result, we get less of what we do want and more of what we don't.

And if we do add all offenses to the "rewarded" list, then it gets even more spammy!!

All said and done, I think the problem of hackers is being dealt with very well. People report hackers consistently already and staff are able to get on and deal with them. But the problems created by this reward system and the difficulty implementing it would be too much I think.

Finally, as far as "us never accepting ideas", perhaps its not the mean old staff not liking ideas but the players not having valid/workable suggestions. So, don't please don't cry about not having ideas accepted. The suggestions page is for community input, and its good to get ideas out there... but they are just suggestions and ideas for us to bear in mind and maybe implement, and maybe avoid. It just depends.

If a player reports someone, he might right away think he deserves the reward (the report being true or not) then the full forums, in-game chat, will be filled with people: "give me my reward pls pls pls" (spam) all the way, and it will make the staff job impossible

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. SAYS THE STAFF WILL HAVE MORE WORK AND MAKE IT IMPPPOSSIBLE FOR THEM

RK_Credius

Fine. I feel like I have expressed myself fully.

Close this thread I don't even care anymore, and you guys will probably just continue with your lives, unfazed by what has happened in one day.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
And Bach ( To me I think he's the most calm headed of all you copy pasting staffers ) you got a point there and when you said "rewards list" it got me thinking. You know how you guys give rewards to people who vote? How about a rewards list on the FORUMNS for a monthly basis a Most Reported. But you would have had to report at least 200 hackers and they must be actual hackers. Plus Bach, since yesterday and today when I got on and told you of the hackers did you get attacked by people telling you about the hackers? Plus since its monthly it would make players less enthusiastic but still competing. Mabye make a Anti Spam chat for Staff. One message will pass through and nothing can come unless the Mod responds. Therefor he doesn't get spammed, Players who aren't noobs don't keep on repeating HACKER without telling you were they are ( can't u staff see what server players are on?) but he stills gets enough. Also you wouldn't be spammed if you guys were more active and less lazy or AFK. On several occasions I have Messaged staff and told them about a hacker that's why I like Bach, he's the definition ( of what I've seen ) of what a staff member should be. He gets on for periods of times, answers immediately to players ( if he can't he gives them an excuse and tells them he will be there soon ), and doesn't AFK!!! I would respect most of you and value your opinions if your rep that you have shown isint appealing to me. Smokescreen is mostly AFK when I msg him a hacker, Trenly says ABUNCH of negative stuff on forumns so I don't listen to him, and there's Staff I've never even heard of when they get on. I want a staff I can trust on to be there if someone is cheating. I respect all of you, but I won't enjoy listening to you when you guys don't act like a reasonable staff.
Please, dont bring my opinions into this. I reply only to threads i disagree with, unless i STRONGLY agree with it.

MysticMusician

Staff have a lot of work as it is already, and don't you that you know they don't, because you don't know that. Also the major issue, which is false reporting since people will be selfish and want the reward WILL be a lot of work. Do you know how many fake reports they'll have to sort through? There's enough of them already.

RK_Credius

I wish Zinex and Froggyphantom were here to help me on this " gang up on this random dude". As Zinex said, wouldn't staff be able to judge and see if the report if false?

MysticMusician

They would be able to judge, the problem is it would create many more false reports for staff to go through. There's already enough reports to go through as it is. This would promote people to report for the wrong reason.

RK_Credius

Again, More work ? I might understand Admin and Owners and developers having TONS of work since they run the server, but the Mods and Helpers are free, or at least more free than the ones who run the server. It's not as if u have to maintain the server by picking up a mop and cleaning the cobweb in the lobby.

What do you do? Because I have NO idea, besides banning hackers and reporting to Zainos why and how the hacker was punished

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Again, More work ? I might understand Admin and Owners and developers having TONS of work since they run the server, but the Mods and Helpers are free, or at least more free than the ones who run the server. It's not as if u have to maintain the server by picking up a mop and cleaning the cobweb in the lobby.

What do you do? Because I have NO idea, besides banning hackers and reporting to Zainos why and how the hacker was punished
The mods and helpers handle the multitudes of reports that are made every day. This requires a lot of time, plus the amount of time they spend moderating in-game. And they all have lives outside of minecraft.

RK_Credius

I know you guys need more mature people above 13 or else the servers gonna get blown up blah blah blah, but you guys need more 13 year olds because they play minecraft ALL the time they have, making them more active and I know it would be unwise because they have little knowledge or wisdom of how to run the server.

Unitus

Retired Staff

Lets put things straight, the Mods and Helpers have to manage a 400+ consecutive player NETWORK, staff has to moderate forums, in-game chat, player reports, recordings etc. Along with all the other confidential things we do, and we are not, no life tryhards in front of a computer that do not have a life, no in-real life work, no friends, no services, no studies. You just don't understand how hard this job is, and think it's okay to judge us. Suggesting for more staff is not always a viable solution. I won't reply anymore to this topic, thanks for your time.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
This thread has gone way off topic in numerous ways. I did like your idea of a reward for the top 3 successful reporters... I think that would be a very good idea, would minimize the rewards necessary, and would be much more doable...

But please refrain from flamebaiting staff or other users. And please keep threads on topic as well. This is a warning for all of those xD But I do like the idea of top reporters getting a little reward. That would be cool. Maybe $5, $10 and $20 in store credit or something like that? xD

-Thread Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.