• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Hackers?

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • DUDE Y DOE

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RK_Credius

So since I've joined the server, ive noticed you guys have a little problem with hackers (By which I mean 30% of your players turn out to be hackers most of the time) and many loyal Happy Citizens report them or tell the staff what is going on, So let's reward them with a little Karma! Compensation for reporting them!

Karma will be a currency, everytime a player reports a hacker with actual footage of him hacking or report with a picture or tell the staff that's on they get Karma unless the player they reported isint hacking.

REWARDING

Footage: 10 Karma
Picture: 5 Karma
Telling Staff: 5 Karma

If any of these are wrong and the player has reported wrongly, then you remove 15 Karma.

Karma will be currency in game and to show a Honor and how a player has contributed on the server by showing the Karma they have earned on the forumns and every milestone they get a Title.

TITLES (These Titles are for Forumns only, and just for Vanity unless you guys want to give one of the ranks a discount on stuff in the store)

500 Karma = Assistant
2000 Karma = Snitch
10000 Karma = Loyalist
50000 Karma = Super Spy
100000 Karma= Reporter

KARMA CURRENCY IN GAME
So you can use your karma to buy kits! But there's a catch, when you lose certain Karma you lose your rank if you go below the standard. But anyway, every 100 Karma is equal to 5 Coins or maybe you guys can give a second price to ranks bought with Karma, say the challenger kit (100 coins) goes up to 300 Karma.

REDUCER ( That's the name I got )
If you are inactive in the server karma is removed by 10 every day

Last edited:

MysticMusician

Someone suggested a reward system a little while ago, and I still don't think it's a good idea. People may report for the wrong reasons, even if they were to receive a penalty for being wrong. Also everyone is wrong now and again, sometimes things can look like hacks but aren't actually, so penalizing someone may not be the best way to go. Also this kinda sounds like a copy, another server that I can think of that you may know has a karma system, and you get it for saying gg. I still don't think players should need to be rewarded for reporting hackers, and that as a member of the community, if you actually care, you should report the hacker with the reward of knowing that you just helped many people on the server.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
No. This would create more problems than it would solve imo.

• Where would the title go? There really isnt a spot for it
  • Staff would have to modify karma every time they dealt with a report, taking away from time to deal with other reports
  • What happens of two people report the same person? Who gets the karma?
  • Why does there need to be any reward other than knowing you helped the server?
This thread was also recently posted: http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/hack-report-reward-system.12611

RK_Credius

Yes my dear Watson, But people are not motivated and there is only a handful of people who actually report and it's not because of the goodness of their hearts it's because that guy probably killed them and they got pissed off and reported to the staff online, otherwise he or she would've just watched as stuff happened. Plus motivating people on Happy to report people will get the server clean of hackers benefiting the ones who reported and the server so people don't quit the server just because of the overwhelming number of hackers on the server.

RK_Credius

Also to CELLO, the karma system on the other server I'm probably not allowed to mention doesn't do anything with karma, not that I am aware of at least, they just have it there

Now to Counter Answer Trenly

RK_Credius

• Staff would have to modify karma every time they dealt with a report, taking away from time to deal with other reports
  • Why does there need to be any reward other than knowing you helped the server?
This thread was also recently posted: http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/hack-report-reward-system.12611

The Title will go right under your name, it's not like there's no room :d

Staff would just have a pre set command that gives the player Karma in game, as for forumns it's not like it takes hours to give someone Karma.

Why not both people? They both contributed to bringing the hacker into the light and it's not as if Karma affects the economy, but it should be limited to the first 3, but it's not like people spam Bachs-- I'm sorry, staff members chat , there's only a handful of people that report, as I said above, and once the number does increase ( Working on it, but I'll answer the other questions first )

Because Amy dear Watson, we are HUMAN. No one cares about other people, we just care for ourselves unless the other person provides us benefits as in entertainment or allies or money, So if you want the server clean it would be wise to give incentive to other people.

RK_Credius

The Title will go right under your name, it's not like there's no room :d

Staff would just have a pre set command that gives the player Karma in game, as for forumns it's not like it takes hours to give someone Karma.

Why not both people? They both contributed to bringing the hacker into the light and it's not as if Karma affects the economy, but it should be limited to the first 3, but it's not like people spam Bachs-- I'm sorry, staff members chat , there's only a handful of people that report, as I said above, and once the number does increase staff members should immediately answer the first message and go directly to the game and if there's two and the staff member or the whole staff community doesn't feel like it, they just give karma to the first person who reported, first come first serve.

Because Amy dear Watson, we are HUMAN. No one cares about other people, we just care for ourselves unless the other person provides us benefits as in entertainment or allies or money, So if you want the server clean it would be wise to give incentive to other people.

MysticMusician

I still don't think a reward system would increase the number of reports that much. A rewards system would increase player selfishness as well. There are many people that care about other players on the server, and I think a reward system would draw away from that even more. I think the same people would still be doing reports. Like I said, if people really care that much about the server they'll report. No matter what you do, you'll still have a bunch of hackers. It's impossible to completely clean the server.

RK_Credius

I still don't think a reward system would increase the number of reports that much. A rewards system would increase player selfishness as well. There are many people that care about other players on the server, and I think a reward system would draw away from that even more. I think the same people would still be doing reports. Like I said, if people really care that much about the server they'll report. No matter what you do, you'll still have a bunch of hackers. It's impossible to completely clean the server.

I don't know if it would draw them away or draw them in, but talking about your last sentence, it's true you can't possible clean the server for more than maybe an Hour, but you can clean the server in that small time. It's all about increasing player base in most server. Players don't feel like playing if there's gonna be hackers and leave. This would increase amount of banned hackers, increase the player base AND make an enjoyable environment of people to play in.

Zekerundo

Hey how about a GROUP reward: If everyone on Happy Hg catches a certain number of hackers in total, there can be a reward to everyone.

AlaskanSkies

I have to disagree. You may be drawing off your own experiences, and therefore believe that humans are completely selfish, but some people actually DO do good things for the benefit of others. Again, you may not agree, but the world isn't completely full of bad people...

iiCrunch

There was a thread like this before i think. If this idea was actually put into place. It would just lead to so many false reports and the wrong people may get banned

Unitus

Retired Staff
There are many reasons why this is a bad idea, first mods are not hired, they work voluntary with no payment, in a certain way this may promote a good anti-hacker wave, but then come the abusers who just want the reward, they will start to make up fake evidence and the wrong people being banned, plus all of the reports would have to go through moderators/helpers, and the only one that has the power/command to give rewards atm is Zainos, and he is really busy, so overall this will cause much more drama than there already is now with banning people, the system is fine and there is no reason to change it.

RK_Credius

No offense but Unitus u just used what you said in the other thread, which is different from mine.

For one, I refined the idea, made it balanced, and gave good reasons of why this would be good. The other dude literally just said "Me want rewarded for me actions" he had 2 sentences or so.

As AK_Aurora said, there is nice people out in the world. All I wanted to do was to reward the ones who help the server out including YOU. The Staff members of Happy Hunger Games. I want to reward the ones who go out of their way to report people. You may ask if your staff, Why don't I get a reward? You get the BEST reward out of them all. The happy people on the server giving thanks to you for doing things. Besides those, you get to get a free MOCKINGJAY rank which would usually cost money, You get the CHANCE to help this server grow.

All I am asking, is to be more open minded and consider things. Fine, close this thread up because you don't like the idea, but at least try to give other ideas a chance, help it to perfection, help it to come to this great server, HELP HAPPY HUNGER GAMES.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unitus

Retired Staff
No offense but Unitus u just used what you said in the other thread, which is different from mine.

For one, I refined the idea, made it balanced, and gave good reasons of why this would be good. The other dude literally just said "Me want rewarded for me actions" he had 2 sentences or so. It is your job as staff to ensure the safety of the server from hackers and make the server enjoyable, and we are grateful for that, but this gives people a chance to do right. The other guy, Froggy phantom? , was on the right track but didint think much about it. You guys should take any way to make the server better, but all these threads I've seen? Rejected. Brutally attacked and teared apart. Not one had a nice comment that wasn't taken apart by you Trenly. I think ya'll should be more open minded and give positive feedback, to try to give the thread a chance to grow and help the server, giving suggestions, listening to people and explain nicely why this won't work and how you guys can try to make it work, TRY. But no. All you critics do is say a mean comment, give the con side and close the thread.

As AK_Aurora said, there is nice people out in the world. All I wanted to do was to reward the ones who help the server out including YOU. The Staff members of Happy Hunger Games. I want to reward the ones who go out of their way to report people. You may ask if your staff, Why don't I get a reward? You get the BEST reward out of them all. The happy people on the server giving thanks to you for doing things. Besides those, you get to get a free MOCKINGJAY rank which would usually cost money, You get the feeling of power to JUDGE people and have others to back you up, You get the CHANCE to help this server grow.

All I am asking, is to be more open minded and consider things. Fine, close this thread up because you don't like the idea, but at least try to give other ideas a chance, help it to perfection, help it to come to this great server, HELP HAPPY HUNGER GAMES.
I am aware that you just want to help the server out, I don't want to seem penurious, but many people think they know how staff works (which they don't), there are countless reasons why this is a crummy idea, MANY of those reasons I cannot even say in public, Nevertheless, all the hackers are well-handled, the staff team catches (rough estimate) 25 hackers a day (maybe more), and if you think someone is cheating/hacking/abusing, report it from the will of your heart and not for the "reward" you will get, do it because you WANT to help the community, some say that this may lower the hackers on the server, which is completely wrong, there are staff online at MANY times, if you feel lazy and don't want to do a report tell a staff member the server where the supposed cheater/hacker/abuser is and his/her IGN and the staff member will be more than happy to help you out, 99% of the REAL hackers don't slip out of the staff's hands, many people accuse others for hacks just because the other player is better than him, this is original enough.

MysticMusician

There's no need to be rude. We all gave our feedback, and no one here was overly rude, and now you're blowing up on everyone. We're not "a bunch of hating jerks" We voiced our opinion in a calm, and polite way, which we have a right to do. There's no need to get angry. Also who cares if they copied and pasted what they said? your idea may be slightly different, but in theory it has the same effect, so their opinions are going to be the same as the last time.

andrew louie

I agree with trenly, not a good idea

_Bach_

Retired Staff
First of all, I would disagree in your estimation of how many players are actually hackers. Only a very small number of players hack, and usually are people who just drop in to hack for a few minutes till they are banned. Thats 90% of the HHG hackers. A few serial hackers are banned soon enough as well and removed from HHG.

That being said, the main reason players report/tell online staff about hackers is that it ruins their gameplay and they want to play normally. To make it reward based would cause numerous problems. First, it would be very hard to implement. Players would be begging for their rewards and all clamoring to make reports, valid or not. Secondly, this would result in a lot of spam reports and just nooby players reporting for hacks or whatever. Thirdly, if only hacker reports gave rewards, then players would often not like to report other rule breakers, like people who spam or swear, as those reports dont give a reward. As a result, we get less of what we do want and more of what we don't.

And if we do add all offenses to the "rewarded" list, then it gets even more spammy!!

All said and done, I think the problem of hackers is being dealt with very well. People report hackers consistently already and staff are able to get on and deal with them. But the problems created by this reward system and the difficulty implementing it would be too much I think.

Finally, as far as "us never accepting ideas", perhaps its not the mean old staff not liking ideas but the players not having valid/workable suggestions. So, don't please don't cry about not having ideas accepted. The suggestions page is for community input, and its good to get ideas out there... but they are just suggestions and ideas for us to bear in mind and maybe implement, and maybe avoid. It just depends.

Unitus

Retired Staff
If a player reports someone, he might right away think he deserves the reward (the report being true or not) then the full forums, in-game chat, will be filled with people: "give me my reward pls pls pls" (spam) all the way, and it will make the staff job impossible

RK_Credius

There's no need to be rude. We all gave our feedback, and no one here was overly rude, and now you're blowing up on everyone. We're not "a bunch of hating jerks" We voiced our opinion in a calm, and polite way, which we have a right to do. There's no need to get angry. Also who cares if they copied and pasted what they said? your idea may be slightly different, but in theory it has the same effect, so their opinions are going to be the same as the last time.
My version of "calm and polite" is not even THINKING of my thread and giving it positive feedback or even thinking of something else to say besides copy pasting, I derserve like anyone else in this world the right to be respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.