• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Goodbye ?

crybabyduke

Trusted Member
some of you guys know whats happening in usa right now. north korea and net neutrality. basically its where everything you can search on the internet is, free. like going on youtube is free. but they want to REMOVE net neutrality due to money. today is the last day so i hope you guys texted "resist" to 50409. imo i feel like they're not gonna win, but you never know. i just wanted to say a possible goodbye to you guys incase this happens. i love all my friends and i hope for the best. <3

http://prntscr.com/hnepxm - how much each website is

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
Even if Net Neutrality ends it's not like you're not gonna be able to connect to any sites anymore. Most sites will just be slowed down, some may be blocked. But still, don't think HHGN is big enough to be blocked.

crybabyduke

Trusted Member
Even if Net Neutrality ends it's not like you're not gonna be able to connect to any sites anymore. Most sites will just be slowed down, some may be blocked. But still, don't think HHGN is big enough to be blocked.
I use chrome and they said its $2 per search

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
It’s not determined yet, it still has to go through the court of appeals. I’m nervous about the internet without net neutrality, but you also got to remember before it was a thing and how we were still well off.

MysticMusician

Net neutrality has only officially been around since 2015 so like 2 years. That's when the law was put in to place, and no one seemed to have problems before then. I don't see it being as big a problem as everyone claims it is going to be, and those numbers are likely not real and are just being used to scare people. Considering all of those things have been around before net neutrality came into existence, I don't see that happening.

pofoproud

Trusted Member
Net neutrality has only officially been around since 2015 so like 2 years. That's when the law was put in to place, and no one seemed to have problems before then. I don't see it being as big a problem as everyone claims it is going to be, and those numbers are likely not real and are just being used to scare people. Considering all of those things have been around before net neutrality came into existence, I don't see that happening.
in 2014 AT&T slowed netflix down for its users by like 50% and plus rn verizon is on the FCC's side so if u have verizon its a loss for u dab

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
only US but sense the US is like an influencer country ig other countries will think repealing net neutrality is okay and they'll do it to (if we do it)
I doubt that in this case especially in Europe. But I don’t want to get too political there.
I use chrome and they said its $2 per search
Something tells me that may not be accurate. Before net neutrality (pre 2015) it didn’t cost money to search on google chrome; and they would lose tons of people using their search engine if they were to do this.

I think we need to wait, I don’t know if companies will do anything drastically different as to not lose consumers. I will miss net neutrality as a overall protector of those who use the internet; but just because it’s gone doesn’t mean it’s gonna make the internet unusable. (Also just a reminder the decision still has to go through the Senate which it looks like there’s some opposition there)