• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Survival Games Good Sportsmanship

Unitus

Retired Staff
When you die in sg, or when a game ends (whichever two) if you say "gg" or "gf" you should be rewarded by at least 5 coins :) It makes negative comments like, hacusating, hate, and banter reduce to minimal. I hope you like this idea :)

Nuncle_si

^Easy free coins with no work.
I would just kill myself and get 5 coins. Or spawn kill and coin farm and not even care...

The system could be trolled too...

Phoenix____

I actually like this, cause you could just make it so you could only say gg once and get coins for it... xD And 5 coins isn't much at all, so coin farming them would honestly be pointless, and not worth ruining your stats for.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Still, the gg spam would be ridiculous. XD
You get coins for winning, and good sportsmanship is your personal choice. Saying gg is not worth the same as a kill.

Additionally, I don't see a particular purpose to this. Saying gg just cause you want more coins doesn't promote good sportsmanship. Everyone would do it just for the coins, and it would mean nothing but "coins plz".

I don't feel like this would add anything worthwhile to the SG game mode.

MysticMusician

also, you could still say gg, then say hateful comments after it just to get coins. like a lot of people also so "gg hacker..." if it said gg they'd still get coins but be hackusating? it doesn't really reduce it probably.

Unitus

Retired Staff
Still, the gg spam would be ridiculous. XD
You get coins for winning, and good sportsmanship is your personal choice. Saying gg is not worth the same as a kill.

Additionally, I don't see a particular purpose to this. Saying gg just cause you want more coins doesn't promote good sportsmanship. Everyone would do it just for the coins, and it would mean nothing but "coins plz".

It's only 5 small coins, plus they can only say it once per game, I see possitiveness coming from this

Unitus

Retired Staff
^Easy free coins with no work.
I would just kill myself and get 5 coins. Or spawn kill and coin farm and not even care...

The system could be trolled too...
No, because you can only say gg once, and if you try to die fast to say gg it won't work, because it will only give you coins for saying gg after there is only 1 victor, so no trolling system :)

Nuncle_si

So you have to wait till the end to say gg?
Then it only favors those who are in dm... Thus favoring the better players?

Unitus, don't be ridiculous.

Quoted 100% accurate. 9/8

Unitus

Retired Staff
So you have to wait till the end to say gg?
Then it only favors those who are in dm... Thus favoring the better players?

Quoted 100% accurate. 9/8
What do you mean favoring the better players? Obviously you don't get the point, at the end of an sg game is where all the banter is found, if there is someway to reduce it by rewarding the good samaritan, there is when gg comes in :p Plus Bach never said that...

MysticMusician

It favors the better players, beacause the better players are usually the ones who make it to death match, most people when they die, don't stay all the way until the end.

MysticMusician

Well, I've already said but. Most people don't stay until the end of the game, and the better players make it to dm, therefore the better players would get the coins. also It would not stop the hacker accudations and the raging, because if someone says gg, then gets the coins, they can still say all that stuff afterwards. Plus, kinda just giving away free coins almost.

Unitus

Retired Staff
Well, I've already said but. Most people don't stay until the end of the game, and the better players make it to dm, therefore the better players would get the coins. also It would not stop the hacker accudations and the raging, because if someone says gg, then gets the coins, they can still say all that stuff afterwards. Plus, kinda just giving away free coins almost.
Understand that it is only 5 small coins, plus you need to deserve those coins, therefore if you make it to the end it will be gained

Ayeeeo

Well I think it would take along time to code telling the console you get 5 coins and you can only say gg once btw It would prob take like hours of sg in maintence which is a problem for most players that play sg all the time remember sg is what HHGN starting making and is probably the most played mini game in HHGN

Nootch

Trusted Member
Players will just say "gg" for the coins, not actually meaning it was a good game. I think you should choose to say "gg" on your own without any rewarding. Players should be a good sport because they want to be, not because of free coins:D Cool idea to lower hacusating and rage comments, but this will be taken advantage of a lot. Players should be encouraged to be a good sport by saying "gg" or "gf" because they want to be a good sport, not for coins.

Unitus

Retired Staff
Players will just say "gg" for the coins, not actually meaning it was a good game. I think you should choose to say "gg" on your own without any rewarding. Players should be a good sport because they want to be, not because of free coins:D Cool idea to lower hacusating and rage comments, but this will be taken advantage of a lot. Players should be encouraged to be a good sport by saying "gg" or "gf" because they want to be a good sport, not for coins.
omg, apparently you did not even read a WORD I wrote before, it's just 5 SMALL coins, you are not going to be rich because of that, pluuuus it cannot be abused, since it can only be said ONCE