• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global /give currency

Should this be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No (feedback)

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

PenguinPeople

Allow players to use a /give command to give away part of their currency (coins or gems) to another player. This will make it easier for new players to get all the kits with the help of their friends making the game mode more fair. This also allows players with large amounts of currency to hold tournaments with prizes without staff needing to be involved.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
This could greatly imbalance the eco of certain gamemodes, and similar things have been suggested in the past being declined each time.

PenguinPeople

This could greatly imbalance the eco of certain gamemodes, and similar things have been suggested in the past being declined each time.
I don't see how new players getting a more equal footing would ruin the economy. Additionally it would more than likely be the higher up players who have the currency to share.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I don't see how new players getting a more equal footing would ruin the economy. Additionally it would more than likely be the higher up players who have the currency to share.
Take a look at the kit pvp leaderboards, scroll down and find me, then look at my coins. If everyone were able to have every kit, it would cause there to be hardly any of the pride that comes in working hard to get the kits.

Here are some threads I found of very similar suggestions:
http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/17260

http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/11785

PenguinPeople

Take a look at the kit pvp leaderboards, scroll down and find me, then look at my coins. If everyone were able to have every kit, it would cause there to be hardly any of the pride that comes in working hard to get the kits.

Here are some threads I found of very similar suggestions:
http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/17260

http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/threads/11785
Ignoring the players pride for a bit, the retention rate of new players is very low. This is due (in some part) to players in both scbb and kit pvp are getting beaten by players with better kits. This provides a way to allow players to get some new kits. You are not required to give up your coins, and I doubt that the players that do decide to use this function would be able to afford all the kits for every player. Economy's are only destroyed when the currency is artificially inflated, not by trade.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Ignoring the players pride for a bit, the retention rate of new players is very low. This is due (in some part) to players in both scbb and kit pvp are getting beaten by players with better kits. This provides a way to allow players to get some new kits. You are not required to give up your coins, and I doubt that the players that do decide to use this function would be able to afford all the kits for every player. Economy's are only destroyed when the currency is artificially inflated, not by trade.
But it is artificially inflated if the players who have infinite coins (like me) give other players coins

SAFollis

Trusted Member
You can't really inflate an economy by trade, only by introducing extra currency into the economy.

Ex.:

Bill gives john 5 bucks. Now bill has 5 and john has 15. Same amount of money, same value for each dollar. The dollars value has not changed.

Bill magically gets a dollar, so bill has 6 dollars and john has 15. There is 1 extra bill, so the value of a dollar, comparatively, is about 95% of what it was before.

It's best to have little inflation, so adding currency exchange for things like pvp would increase it a lot due to infinite coins.
For other gamemodes, (and pvp assuming no inf. coins) there wouldn't be any currency since no one starts with any.
If you fix this by spawning people with 100 coins, people could just trade those away or lose all of their coins to losses, then get mad and never play again.

Video game economies are bit... different to real economies as the goals are to keep people playing, not to make it fair like it would be in real life.

PenguinPeople

If you fix this by spawning people with 100 coins, people could just trade those away or lose all of their coins to losses, then get mad and never play again.
But players aren't spawned with money, also there would be no reason for a player to /give currency if he/she still needs it to buy kits.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
But players aren't spawned with money, also there would be no reason for a player to /give currency if he/she still needs it to buy kits.
Exactly, they don't spawn with money, so then no one would be able to buy anything. And what on earth are you talking about for the second part? If they get all kits they don't need it.

PenguinPeople

Exactly, they don't spawn with money, so then no one would be able to buy anything. And what on earth are you talking about for the second part? If they get all kits they don't need it.
I was talking about the original point to this thread XD please read it all before going in. I'm not saying players should just get every kit. But rather a way that would make it easier for people to get some kits, as well as something to do with coins when you have all you need ie: tournaments and giving some away