• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Gaming Computer

_Radique_oo7

I didn't know where to post this but if any one has a recommendation for a gaming computer please let me know. My brother and I are saving up money for a computer however we don't know a good place to buy a computer. Where did you get you're computer?

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Where do I start,I've never built a computer.
There are a few guides on different builds here: https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/

I would reccomend getting parts from www.newegg.com

Of course then you can customize a bit if you want. If the guide reccomends a Nvidia 2gb GPU, you could get a Nvidia 4gb if you wanted. Or you can get different RAM if you want. You just have to check compatibility of all the parts.

SAFollis or Masterfireheart have experience building gaming computers i think. Ive just built a simple one for school.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
Where do I start,I've never built a computer.
Ok I think this will help If I may I think Masterfireheart built his gaming computer so I would talk to him about it? And treads that are not about HHG go into the off-topic threads and other things about HHG or have some thing to do with HHG should be in general discussion threads.And as Trenly said it is as I believe it is a lot cheaper to make your own.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Ok I think this will help If I may I think Masterfireheart built his gaming computer so I would talk to him about it? And treads that are not about HHG go into the off-topic threads and other things about HHG or have some thing to do with HHG should be in general discussion threads.And as Trenly said it is as I believe it is a lot cheaper to make your own.
Hes asking a question. Is this not a questions section?

Unitus

Retired Staff
I built my gaming computer, if you take the time and dedication for it, it should not be impossible. Just set your budget and consult an expert or read online for the compatibility of the items. After that, buy protective anti-static straps to evade damaging your computer parts, after that, a couple of important overlooked procedures have to be taken into consideration, if you want more info PM me or reply to this post, I would be glad to provide more information

Zelistra

Trusted Member
I didn't know where to post this but if any one has a recommendation for a gaming computer please let me know. My brother and I are saving up money for a computer however we don't know a good place to buy a computer. Where did you get you're computer?
I would recommend one of the NUC's by Intel, they're really nice, also you don't have to put it up.. Just get a monitor and a keyboard and a mouse then you're done xD Btw I'm getting one of those.. :p

Unitus

Retired Staff
I would recommend one of the NUC's by Intel, they're really nice, also you don't have to put it up.. Just get a monitor and a keyboard and a mouse then you're done xD Btw I'm getting one of those.. :p
NUC's are not for gaming, super small computers probably made for simple tasks such as web browsing and Microsoft word, and in the case of the most expensive NUC's some light gaming

Zelistra

Trusted Member
NUC's are not for gaming, super small computers probably made for simple tasks such as web browsing and Microsoft word, and in the case of the most expensive NUC's some light gaming
Yeah, but all I really care is if it's fast or not... xD If it's fast, if I have high fps, I'm fine. What's the difference between normal computers and "gaming computers" anyways? :confused:

Unitus

Retired Staff
Yeah, but all I really care is if it's fast or not... xD If it's fast, if I have high fps, I'm fine. What's the difference between normal computers and "gaming computers" anyways? :confused:
A well-built gaming computer has better cooling flow (less heat soaking, longer uptime hours, better performance) a dedicated GPU (graphics card) hyper threading and anti-aliasing faster and cleaner compatibility, expandable rates, meaning space for overclocking with the addition of powerful cooling systems to manage it, having an SSD in a gaming computer is key for fast load times and faster tick rates. NUC computers have SSDs, which is good, but they have graphic chips instead of graphics cards which make the gaming experience much slower and will not give good fps in games. In general terms (many companies try to scam doing this) they add "gaming pc" to their computers and make people think they are fast and made for games, which in many cases is not true. You must have a powerful computer with a beefy graphics card to run moder triple A titles. Minecraft is an easy-to-run game for any PC nowadays, so if you are only going to use it for Minecraft, get a NUC (depends on which NUC pc you get though) Also, pre-built computers save money on many parts, one is ram. People think that if it has a high number of ram it will be good and fast, which is not true. You have to look for how many MHz it has and what DDR it is. I would suggest building your own PC, but for a first timer it could be tricky

Zelistra

Trusted Member
A well-built gaming computer has better cooling flow (less heat soaking, longer uptime hours, better performance) a dedicated GPU (graphics card) hyper threading and anti-aliasing faster and cleaner compatibility, expandable rates, meaning space for overclocking with the addition of powerful cooling systems to manage it, having an SSD in a gaming computer is key for fast load times and faster tick rates. NUC computers have SSDs, which is good, but they have graphic chips instead of graphics cards which make the gaming experience much slower and will not give good fps in games. In general terms (many companies try to scam doing this) they add "gaming pc" to their computers and make people think they are fast and made for games, which in many cases is not true. You must have a powerful computer with a beefy graphics card to run moder triple A titles. Minecraft is an easy-to-run game for any PC nowadays, so if you are only going to use it for Minecraft, get a NUC (depends on which NUC pc you get though) Also, pre-built computers save money on many parts, one is ram. People think that if it has a high number of ram it will be good and fast, which is not true. You have to look for how many MHz it has and what DDR it is. I would suggest building your own PC, but for a first timer it could be tricky
That was pretty confusing but thanks.

Pssst.. I suck at computers and stuff but my dad knows like everything, BUT he almost never helps me, he wants me to learn everything myself -_-

MineJam

Retired Staff
I built my own gaming computer, All the parts and windows came around 980$ including 150$ keyboard though. (Not including monitor)
If i were to buy my computer prebuilt it would have came up to around 1400-1500$
Parts only came around 800$
I went on Pcpartpicker and bought all my parts off of amazon so they all came in at around the same time.
If you're a big money saver person you can do rebates but i didnt want to deal with all of that so i just made an amazon membership for 30 days, which gave me Amazon prime and free shipping with most of my items.
Here is what my computer is http://pcpartpicker.com/list/w3kNNN
Its a beast tbh, not the best cpu or anything but it runs minecraft at an average 400+ fps on max settings.
I can edit and render videos and still have like 20 tabs open, watch a video, and play Minecraft at over 100 fps.
I can play bf4 at ultra settings at over 80fps.
Its a little beast.

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
There are a few guides on different builds here: https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/

I would reccomend getting parts from www.newegg.com

Of course then you can customize a bit if you want. If the guide reccomends a Nvidia 2gb GPU, you could get a Nvidia 4gb if you wanted. Or you can get different RAM if you want. You just have to check compatibility of all the parts.

SAFollis or Masterfireheart have experience building gaming computers i think. Ive just built a simple one for school.
^^^ this (although I would swap out newegg for amazon depending on if you have prime or not)

I've built quite a few computers of different types for various people so if you have any advanced questions gimme a DM on Discord (Masterfireheart#5780)