• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

FACTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicylies

WHERE IS FACTIONS. It's be legit like almost 3 years. dont give me that coming soon bull crap you irrelevant ppl.

Sock_Guy101

Pinkhair, I think its safe to say it wont ever be done no matter what staff or Zain will tell you. It is not my desire to cause friction between myself and management here but it is a reality. Realistically speaking I think anyone who's been here for at least two years (like myself) could see that the servers Avg. amount of players has been going down. In 2016 there used to be an avg of 150+ players (correct me if i'm wrong). I think this is a clear indicator to us that Zain has no desire or the will power or maybe even just the time to run, manage, and develop a dying server. The reality here is that this server is dying and I think Zain knows as well as I do that before we could even implement a new game mode we'd need to do a ton of advertising first. Why? Because are we really going to go the extra mile to implement Factions if only 20-30 players are going to be in it at any given time? Advertising isn't cheap. There simply isn't any reason to put so much effort into implementing a new game mode and not expect to remedy the servers dying population. I dont know all the nitty gritty details here but this is something that is definitely safe to assume. Please expect that it wont ever happen.

Theres your answer Pink.

I advise staff or really anyone to not argue with me on this note as it really wouldn't achieve anything at all. There isn't much you can deny here as you probably know as much as I do in this regard. Supposing you know more about this than I do. The only reasonable thing I could expect here is that'd you'd share it with us by giving me/everyone proof or evidence of a plan of action for factions as opposed to a simple "It'll be done when its done". That really isn't good answer and I'll tell you why. Its the entire reason i'm taking the time to write all this--i'm simply tired of people in management not making any sense at all. Be Honest Please. There is no reason not to be.

Whats to Lose?
Unless you can deny my first paragraph and give the community valid evidence of what the reality here is there is no reason to not accept and even point out that its safe to assume it will never happen. Are you trying to protect what little players you have left!? To me this whole thing has been very fake and when people on staff reply with "It'll be done when its done" I'll be honest, I get annoyed a little. Why? Because people on staff are not stupid, they can see as well as I do its simply not going to happen, yet you guys shelter the community from the truth as if to keep them from leaving. You dont want everyone to know factions wont ever be implemented. If you dont know when its going to be done because you aren't Zain read my first paragraph again and accept it as truth. So whats to Lose!? The server is dying, you're already losing players. Might as well be honest because its the right thing to do. Stop. Being. Fake. Or give me a valid answer I can respect.

Clarification: I dont have some kind of personal vendetta against management/staff here. Simply tired of staff not being coherent at all and Zain/staff not being honest about the reality of this situation. I'm genuinely concerned here. I love you guys, but there are many more problems present here that aren't just about being honest that shouldn't be ignored.

There are many responsibilities being neglected here.

Last edited:

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Pinkhair, I think its safe to say it wont ever be done no matter what staff or Zain will tell you. It is not my desire to cause friction between myself and management here but it is a reality. Realistically speaking I think anyone who's been here for at least two years (like myself) could see that the servers Avg. amount of players has been going down. In 2016 there used to be an avg of 150+ players (correct me if i'm wrong). I think this is a clear indicator to us that Zain has no desire or the will power or maybe even just the time to run, manage, and develop a dying server. The reality here is that this server is dying and I think Zain knows as well as I do that before we could even implement a new game mode we'd need to do a ton of advertising first. Why? Because are we really going to go the extra mile to implement Factions if only 20-30 players are going to be in it at any given time? Advertising isn't cheap. There simply isn't any reason to put so much effort into implementing a new game mode and not expect to remedy the servers dying population. I dont know all the nitty gritty details here but this is something that is definitely safe to assume. Please expect that it wont ever happen.

Theres your answer Pink.

I advise staff or really anyone to not argue with me on this note as it really wouldn't achieve anything at all. There isn't much you can deny here as you probably know as much as I do in this regard. Supposing you know more about this than I do. The only reasonable thing I could expect here is that'd you'd share it with us by giving me/everyone proof or evidence of a plan of action for factions as opposed to a simple "It'll be done when its done". That really isn't good answer and I'll tell you why. Its the entire reason i'm taking the time to write all this--i'm simply tired of people in management not making any sense at all. Be Honest Please. There is no reason not to be.

Whats to Lose?
Unless you can deny my first paragraph and give the community valid evidence of what the reality here is there is no reason to not accept and even point out that its safe to assume it will never happen. Are you trying to protect what little players you have left!? To me this whole thing has been very fake and when people on staff reply with "It'll be done when its done" I'll be honest, I get annoyed a little. Why? Because people on staff are not stupid, they can see as well as I do its simply not going to happen, yet you guys shelter the community from the truth as if to keep them from leaving. You dont want everyone to know factions wont ever be implemented. If you dont know when its going to be done because you aren't Zain read my first paragraph again and accept it as truth. So whats to Lose!? The server is dying, you're already losing players. Might as well be honest because its the right thing to do. Stop. Being. Fake. Or give me a valid answer I can respect.

Clarification: I dont have some kind of personal vendetta against management/staff here. Simply tired of staff not being coherent at all and Zain/staff not being honest about the reality of this situation. I'm genuinely concerned here. I love you guys, but there are many more problems present here that aren't just about being honest that shouldn't be ignored.

There are many responsibilities being neglected here.
You talk about responsibilities being neglected. You have to understand that finding developers is hard work, and Zainos does a lot of the development for the server on his own. In addition to working on factions, there are other things which require his attention in order to keep the network up and running. All of the staff and builders also have a life outside of minecraft. Many of them are in school, or go to work every day. You said yourself that you don't know all the details. If you don't know all the details, how can you even feel qualified to make a statement saying it will never come out? I understand you are frustrated with the situation, but you have to understand that your point of view is not preeminent.

Sock_Guy101

My claim is preeminent not in an outlandish cocky way. I say it is because its a reality thats closest to becoming true. It doesn't take someone 4 years to find a developer. If it does, then Zain either A) Doesn't know how to actually find one or B) Hasn't given it his undivided attention in the past 2 years. You can only say "I'm Busy" only so many times before it become very clear it simply isn't a priority. There are zero excuses on that note. That is how the world works. I dont think it could annoy me anymore if Zain were to deny that. There are zero shortcuts here. There are ways to get developers. It really is a financial issue and i'm assuming that Zain could probably find one but certainly couldn't afford one. That or he doesn't care.

Neglected Responsibilities? Mind you this entire servers management is completely up to Zain. How the staff act, how maps are created, game mode, how everything works socially and mechanically is up to Zain. The reason you or any staff member can act the way you do around players is up to Zain. He can crack down on anything he chooses to put his hands into. He chooses not to and thats completely okay. If Zain doesn't want to uphold the foundation of his server in all its integrity thats his choice. He doesn't have a responsibility to do anything for anyone concerning this server. What i'm not doing here is calling you, Zain, or any of the staff out for being incompetent, rather i'm asking for simple honesty. Maybe you are incompetent, if you are its okay to say that. We're not perfect.

Qualified or not? I ask for simple honesty. My first paragraph in the earlier post is sufficient enough. If you truly understood what I said (maybe re-read it) you may come to understand just what I mean. The way me or anyone makes decisions is much like Schrödinger's cat where every decision you make concerning an unknown is a 50/50. In this case I am certain I can be 50% sure Factions will come out. I can also be 50% sure it wont come out. Tell me Trenly, if you've been promised something for 2-3-4 years and you never received it would you likely still believe it'll come out? Well who cares what you want to believe right? Its realistic to think or put your faith in the worst outcome to prepare for it. Thats how it works in U.S. presidential elections as well. No matter what side you're on if you screw up bad you aren't running for a second term! That is what compels peoples decisions in this world as far as a community whole thinks. Our individual idea and perceptions are more individualistic but as a whole there is more logic in them (HHGN as a whole) and the reason the population has been going down is bec/ this community as a whole has little faith in management now, and rightfully so.

The entire reason I can feel qualified in making a statement like this is because of exactly what I've seen and felt in this community for the past 2 years. There are other things that require Zain's attention you say? Once again, a very clear indicator this server in ever sense is not his priority. if it is his priority then its clearly a financial issue because Zains a smart guy. He'd get this done if he cared. So either he has no money or he doesn't care. Which is it? If he doesn't care he should come out and say that. If he has no money he should come out and say that. Am I clear on this!?! Either way there is no excuse... no real excuse to keep saying "It'll be done when its done". Especially considering that this server will definitely be dead in the next three years if he doesn't do something. Being qualified shouldn't even make sense to you now that I've explained all this. Infact if me stating all of this wasn't a Red Flag to HHGNs management that something was wrong I would argue (bluntly) Zain isn't fit to manage period.
This should definitely concern him. Surely you'd want to take the time and really analyze the situation to see what can be fixed.

Trenly, I want to reach some common ground here. Hate messaging is not my style and I admit this post of mine might seem a bit agressive but I assure you thats not my intention. I'm a very practical person that does consider the emotional side of the world, I get it, trust me. I personally couldn't care less about factions but honesty is something I do care about. I've analyzed this quite a bit and I think in every direction and I can only wonder how you can not believe me. This doesn't have to be hard. Something is clearly wrong here and you cant deny it. I'd think you'd almost be heroic in standing up here and not simply being another statue staff member putting 100% of your faith in Zain. Nothings wrong here. It would be completely okay if Zain or you simply stated the actual issue with factions weather it be financial or having trouble finding a developer. But be specific. Dont tell me its taken you 2 years to find a developer. If it has, its a financial issue. And if its a financial issue you can tell the community that. There is no harm in expressing to the community the actual reality.

This is my own personal opinion here but I believe promising something with zero merit is one of the most terrible things you could do to a community you've nurtured and fostered over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.