• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Survival Games Creeper Desert - [SG]

Should this map be added?

• Yes

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Yes, but it requires improvement. (Type comments down below)

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

LolYoureBad

A great map that I have just finished creating using a base from a player called mathieu12harvey. The cornucopia is located on the border of the map, due to the city being a little cramped, and the world border, while not a glass dome, is visible. (If The Enterprise and Dreams are allowed, then it shouldn't be a problem.

WORLD DOWNLOAD: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/creeper-desert-hunger-games-wip/

(NOTE: I haven't updated the pictures, so they're slightly outdated)

Senzii

I love the buildings that you did :)
But the map is too empty, need more building
cornucopia needs to be changed (You should put it in the center of the city)

LolYoureBad

I love the buildings that you did :)
But the map is too empty, need more building
cornucopia needs to be changed (You should put it in the center of the city)
Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it, but as you can probably tell, I can't fit the cornucopia in the center of the map. xD

LolYoureBad

Can't? Or don't want to take the time to? Big difference.

Not having the cornucopia in the center gives a slight advantage to the players closer to the map.
Well, if you haven't seen already, the map is somewhat cramped, and the only way to fix it is to worldedit (which I can't do) the cornucopia above the city and allow a stream of water down to the ground.

LolYoureBad

I finally updated the map! Using Structure Blocks, I moved the cornucopia above the map and placed water streams down to the surface. Other than that, is there anything else with the map that needs to be fixed?

LolYoureBad

Overall, seems a bit small for a hunger games map
Well, it's much larger than it appears in the pictures. It's kinda like a really wide version of The Enterprise.

Like I said the map is too empty, need more building

Once again, I find the map a little bit cramped to be honest. There are over 75 buildings and they're kind of squished together. That's probably why it appears small.

Senzii

Well, it's much larger than it appears in the pictures. It's kinda like a really wide version of The Enterprise.

Once again, I find the map a little bit cramped to be honest. There are over 75 buildings and they're kind of squished together. That's probably why it appears small.
You should build other things (Not in the City) and add more chest in the Desert

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I quite like this map, mainly because it's new for this Server, as most survival games maps are usually spread out and is just running through a big field with a tree there and a house there. But, this survival games map is more swerving through the streets of the city, trying to survive. I think it really creates a true intense moment when someone may be chasing you and you have to run for your life through the streets. So I think you did a good job on that. The map may not get accepted, but I'm just saying that I really like the unique layout of it, and, if this one doesn't get accepted, you should try and build a new type of city, like a modern city instead of desert, that would be even better. But well done anyway. I hope that all makes sense. XD

LolYoureBad

I'll consider expanding the map to the surrounding desert, I even wanted to include the ruins of Neopolis outside the city, but due to my technical limitations, I can't worldedit a dome around the map, so I used the walls the city already had to my advantage.

I quite like this map, mainly because it's new for this Server, as most survival games maps are usually spread out and is just running through a big field with a tree there and a house there. But, this survival games map is more swerving through the streets of the city, trying to survive. I think it really creates a true intense moment when someone may be chasing you and you have to run for your life through the streets. So I think you did a good job on that. The map may not get accepted, but I'm just saying that I really like the unique layout of it, and, if this one doesn't get accepted, you should try and build a new type of city, like a modern city instead of desert, that would be even better. But well done anyway. I hope that all makes sense. XD

Thank you very much! I tried to model it sort of like The Enterprise wherein the map isn't restricted like a dome, and there's a lot to do instead of running around an empty field.

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
The map is pretty small for survival games arena. A larger version of this would be more suited for hitman, I
The map unfortunately doesn't have much detail. It does somehow give me some nostalgia though.
At the bottom of the large tower, there is a showing command block, and the sign at the top is very unprofessional ('lol have fun getting down noob')
The cornucopia (Probably one of the most important parts of an SG map) is severely lacking detail. It looks real ghetto.
From what I could see, with the size of the map, I don't think there are enough chests for 24 players.
The map just doesn't meet the current standards of happy hunger games maps.
Sorry,
but your map has been declined.

LolYoureBad

I undestand. As I said previously, the map is inspired by my favourite HHG map The Enterprise. Small, and a somewhat unique shape. The command block and the tower are easter eggs. One of my favourite things to do as a map maker is to include references and easter eggs for players to find, but if you do not like that, then oh well :p

As for the chest issue, there are A LOT of chests scattered throughout the small map, even with its confined space.

Thank you very much for considering.

~Vance Thomas, A.K.A., LolYoureBad.

LolYoureBad

I undestand. As I said previously, the map is inspired by my favourite HHG map The Enterprise. Small, and a somewhat unique shape. The command block and the tower are easter eggs. One of my favourite things to do as a map maker is to include references and easter eggs for players to find, but if you do not like that, then oh well :p

As for the chest issue, there are A LOT of chests scattered throughout the small map, even with its confined space.

Thank you very much for considering.

~Vance Thomas, A.K.A., LolYoureBad.

NOTE: If you'd be willing to world edit a dome for me, I'd be able to make the map MUCH larger and more suited for the server.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
NOTE: If you'd be willing to world edit a dome for me, I'd be able to make the map MUCH larger and more suited for the server.
If you read the map critera:
iiJam said:
If you don't have access to world edit (To make the dome boarder) in your forums post about the map, please include how big you want the dome to be (How many blocks away from the center of the map, and either Zainos, or a builder can do it afterwards)