• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Creative Build Contest

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
I would say if the builders or what have to judge ..like lots of builds then I would rather prefer like a new pvp map or factions ._. ... So a waste of time but I also see that it could be very funny but ... It would take a lot of time to judge em all lol and mj have w/e and those who don't have to work a lot harder lmao. .. Just saying haha I would 99% be in that contest if so lol

ParadoxTaco

Old staff members, old builders...
Alot of people are no longer builders cause they do not play on HHG anymore. Or, where removed for incorrect behavior.
The staff are staff mostly for the same reason. Or they do not want to be staff... and do work.... which is what your asking from them

ImTea

Retired Staff
Alot of people are no longer builders cause they do not play on HHG anymore. Or, where removed for incorrect behavior.
The staff are staff mostly for the same reason. Or they do not want to be staff... and do work.... which is what your asking from them
Ok. Firstly, what Trenly has said is right. Retired Staff Members are MOSTLY inactive. Though some still play regularly. Either way, I think it would be best to either figure out a way to allow the people to build and judge, or allow the builders only to judge. Sure builders time could be better spent on the buildteam world, but the community is building for us in the competitions. It only seems fair that we allow some of our time to look at builds that the community has made, since we are building for them. Good buildings come from good sketches. Maybe we can find a few "good sketches" out there ;)

Tuut

Trusted Member
All of the posts above are kind of irrelevant, all im suggesting is some sort of build contest. The idea that retired staff and builders judge is not smart because they are "retired" for a reason.

ImTea

Retired Staff
All of the posts above are kind of irrelevant, all im suggesting is some sort of build contest. The idea that retired staff and builders judge is not smart because they are "retired" for a reason.
My post said just about the same thing...? At least what it meant...

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
Umm... Hi. XD
I was thinking about all of this and I read through the whole conversation. But what about a new server for a build competition? Kind of like build battle in hypixel. It doesn't have to be too competitive. Just something fun and another minigame for the server. =)

Hazzy

This is such a good idea and I like it so I'm gonna throw in some suggestions that should solve a few problems.

• If its monthly, make it so it's only 20 players entering and they can't enter until they wait one month. As far as applications go then make it first 20 to apply.
  • Do this in the plot world and then have a voting link so players can vote on their favourite build.
  • Make sure to have an announcement in the creative server that the competition has started along with a link to whos participating.
  • Building length is 2 weeks.
  • Winners get announced at the Friday after the building time is over.
  • Winner gets idfk owner?
I hope that that fixed most of your worries about "wasting time" and that the community does get this because it's actually an amazing idea. There was no solid foundation to how it would be done but I think I've helped with that. Good luck!

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
This is such a good idea and I like it so I'm gonna throw in some suggestions that should solve a few problems.

• If its monthly, make it so it's only 20 players entering and they can't enter until they wait one month. As far as applications go then make it first 20 to apply.
  • Do this in the plot world and then have a voting link so players can vote on their favourite build.
  • Make sure to have an announcement in the creative server that the competition has started along with a link to whos participating.
  • Building length is 2 weeks.
  • Winners get announced at the Friday after the building time is over.
  • Winner gets idfk owner?
I hope that that fixed most of your worries about "wasting time" and that the community does get this because it's actually an amazing idea. There was no solid foundation to how it would be done but I think I've helped with that. Good luck!
That could actually work, you know!

alxyz

Trusted Member
i agree jam. These sound like great ideas that will help out the HHG community for this competitive competition threw out a few players!

Zelistra

Trusted Member
How would we tell who's entered?

This is a bad idea. Like Foils said, builders could be building instead of judging this.

Although we may find decent builders (on a rare occasion) this just seems like a huge waste of time
Well maybe in one of your plots put a hopper with chest then hopper then chest and so on... And whoever enters needs to throw a signed book into that first hopper...? Idk I think of a lot of stuff and they don't work, will this idea maybe work? :3