• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
-=+=-
Hello! Welcome to my third 1v1 Arena posted here on the Forums! I hope you like it! This map is called Blossom and sticks very close to the Japanese theme with delicacy and accuracy throughout the Map.
-=+=-
Info:
- Map Built By: SamThePugMC With Help From: WillForPresident
- This Arena is for 1v1 use only (2 players maximum)
- Found at: /p v SamThePugMC 17
-=+=-
Screenshots:

2017-07-27_21.06.09.png

2017-07-27_21.06.20.png

2017-07-27_21.06.41.png

2017-07-27_21.07.05.png

2017-07-27_21.07.50.png

2017-07-27_21.08.05.png

2017-07-27_21.07.50.png

2017-07-27_21.08.27.png

-=+=-
That's it from me. I hope you like this Map and want it to be added to Happy HG. Thanks for taking your time to look at this thread. Enjoy your day! :D

~ SamThePugMC
-=+=-

Last edited:

pofoproud

Trusted Member
without the shaders it looks pretty bland

I can't get a closer look with the borders...

Last edited by a moderator:

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
The terraforming around the outside is pretty nice! Good use of texture with the stained clay too. I love the patches of green stained clay in the ground, and streaks of cyan stained clay in the mountain walls - you haven't just done one world edit command and called it a day for texturing.
The trees are alright, and I'm glad you haven't just spammed flowers. This is pvp, and people find double flowers annoying.
I appreciate that the map isn't flat. That just annoys the hell out of me. And I quite like the bushes too.
But like pofoma said, it just seems kind of bland and empty towards the middle of the map. I understand you don't want to crowd things to keep combat nice, but idk.
Good luck anyway.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I can't get a closer look with the borders...
Yeah, sorry about that. They need to be there so players can't get out when they're doing the 1v1 (Black Mambas, Links etc...)
Also the Map I think looks better with the more simplistic look to show off the trees, pond and rocks off more as those are the main focus of the Map.

The terraforming around the outside is pretty nice! Good use of texture with the stained clay too. I love the patches of green stained clay in the ground, and streaks of cyan stained clay in the mountain walls - you haven't just done one world edit command and called it a day for texturing.
The trees are alright, and I'm glad you haven't just spammed flowers. This is pvp, and people fine double flowers annoying.
I appreciate that the map isn't flat. And I quite like the bushes. But like pofoma said, it just seems kind of bland and empty towards the middle of the map. I understand you don't want to crowd things to keep combat nice, but idk.
Good luck anyway.
Thank you! :D
Once again, I think a simplistic look for the ground and the border help to show off the middle and the trees as they're the main focus. If you mean the middle is quite bland too then that too is meant to be quite simplistic as well to stick out from the Map but at the same time be a part of the scenery.

youngfloppa

I do like the new trees you made, the terraforming on the border needs more blending, I know I taught you to paint the terrain but don't put random splodges oN the ground. The middle looks a bit boring, add a shelter or something to attract the player to the centre. I like (not sure if intensional) that you have raised the ground in the middle, that also attracts the player.

Just realised you have a pond in the middle, the bridge looks a bit bland. I don't see the point of a bridge that size crossing a small pond.

Either get rid of the pond and add some sort of shelter thingy.
Or keep the pond, add some more scenery to it and remove the bridge.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
The trees are nice, you seem to have a knack for making them. The terrain not being flat is a big plus, it is one of my pet peeves to have flat terrain (The other being connected textures). as iiJam said, the texturing looks decent, although in my opinion it could be blended a bit better rather than being splotchy. Add some areas where it is mixed in, others where its got large patches of all the same block. A tip I like to use is to think of them as miniature biomes. You rarely see a desert biome right next to a plains biome, there is always some sand spilling into the plains and some grass spilling into the desert to remove the clear border, yet it is still obvious that they are two different things. As Tahf said, the bridge is a bit bland and doesnt really fit a pond that size. Finally, as pofoma and iiJam both mentioned, the center seems a bit empty. I understand its part of the "character" of the map, but it just doesn't seem to fit.

I'm sorry, but your map has been declined.

Pro tip: Place a layer of blue glass or barriers underneath the water so that the water is only 1 block deep. This helps keep the pvp lively and allows people to refill soup without sinking, yet still allows water for those kits that have fire.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
The trees are nice, you seem to have a knack for making them. The terrain not being flat is a big plus, it is one of my pet peeves to have flat terrain (The other being connected textures). as iiJam said, the texturing looks decent, although in my opinion it could be blended a bit better rather than being splotchy. Add some areas where it is mixed in, others where its got large patches of all the same block. A tip I like to use is to think of them as miniature biomes. You rarely see a desert biome right next to a plains biome, there is always some sand spilling into the plains and some grass spilling into the desert to remove the clear border, yet it is still obvious that they are two different things. As Tahf said, the bridge is a bit bland and doesnt really fit a pond that size. Finally, as pofoma and iiJam both mentioned, the center seems a bit empty. I understand its part of the "character" of the map, but it just doesn't seem to fit.

I'm sorry, but your map has been declined.

Pro tip: Place a layer of blue glass or barriers underneath the water so that the water is only 1 block deep. This helps keep the pvp lively and allows people to refill soup without sinking, yet still allows water for those kits that have fire.
Ok, I'll definitely repaint the ground as lots of people have picked up on that.

I'll definitely add in barriers under the water (I've never actually thought of that).

I shall remove the bridge and add I'm one massive rock/spike coming out of the middle of the pond or another and bigger cherry tree ground out of the pond. :)

Thanks for those comments, I'll definitely repost this Map with major improvements. :D

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
-=+=-
IMPORTANT UPDATE:
-=+=-
Screenshots have been updated to show the new revamp of Blossom! Here is what's changed:

Player Spawns: A 3x3 platform has been added on 2 sides of the Map for the players to spawn on.

Barriers: A dome made of barrier blocks has been added over the top of the entire Map to prevent players from escaping. A layer of barriers has been added under the first layer of water in the pond to improve PvP gameplay.

Repaint: The ground and the top of the border have been repainted with no lime stained clay and more contrast between the different blocks, making the Map smoother and nicer to look at.

Rocks: The bridge has been removed from the middle and 3 new rocks have replaced it instead to help fill up room in the Map whilst still keeping out of the way of PvP.

Bushes: Lots more bushes have been added to the Map (mostly around the edge of the Map) as well as around the pond.

Flowers: More flowers have been added onto the middle part of the Map and have been moved around a bit more after the repaint of the floor.
-=+=-
I hope you like the updates and improvements to Blossom! Make sure to comment your thoughts of the new version and if you like it better than the old version or not. :)
-=+=-

joexxx6

There seems to be a lot of empty space around the map, especially between the trees and the pond. Maybe you could fill the space with something that looks good, and won't interrupt the pvp'ing taking place.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
There seems to be a lot of empty space around the map, especially between the trees and the pond. Maybe you could fill the space with something that looks good, and won't interrupt the pvp'ing taking place.
The whole point of the open space throughout the Map is to encourage more PvP to take place and a fairer fight to happen.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
-=+=-
Small update:
-=+=-
I've added Grass and ferns around on the ground to fill in more space on the ground so it doesn't look so empty. I won't bother update the screenshots again as it isn't that big of a change but if you'd like to see the Map at its latest then go and visit my 17th plot! :D
-=+=-

Trenly

Admin
Admin
A layer of barriers has been added under the first layer of water in the pond to improve PvP gameplay.
The pond looks much nicer! However, I did not seem to notice any barriers under the water? There has been some improvement in the terrain painting which is nice to see. Even with your addition of grass and ferns it still seems a bit empty. I understand you want to encourage pvp, however you do not need to have a large open space to do so. Take the Wild West 1v1, for example. The train tracks right in the middle add detail, but yet are not obtrusive while pvping. Im sorry, but this map is still declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.