• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
-=+=-
Hello! Welcome to the Blossom 1v1 Kit PvP Arena! This a revamped version from the Forum Thread before! I hope you like the improvements I have made to the Map, if you don't, please comment down what could be improved or what could be changed!
-=+=-
Info:
- Map Built By: SamThePugMC With Help From: Entrusted
- This Arena is for 1v1 use only (2 players maximum)
- Found at: /p v SamThePugMC 17
-=+=-
Screenshots:

2017-08-03_18.58.48.png

2017-08-03_18.58.53.png

2017-08-03_18.58.59.png

2017-08-03_18.59.04.png

2017-08-03_18.59.11.png

2017-08-03_18.59.17.png

2017-08-03_18.59.23.png

2017-08-03_18.59.31.png

2017-08-03_18.59.43.png

2017-08-03_18.59.59.png

-=+=-
That's it from me. I hope you like this Map and want it to be added to Happy HG. Thanks for taking your time to look at this thread. Enjoy your day! :D

~ SamThePugMC
-=+=-

Last edited:

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
What was actually changed? All I got from the screenshots was the addition of a well in the middle and patches of crops around the map. The well looks great but the crop patches seem random and out of place.
I still stand by all the complaints I had with the map last time: I appreciate the use of texture but it doesn't look very good in my opinion - It needs to be blended more. And the map still feels way too empty.
This update didn't change the overall feel of the map at all. It still looks the same and unfortunately I'm not a fan of it.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
What was actually changed? All I got from the screenshots was the addition of a well in the middle and patches of crops around the map. The well looks great but the crop patches seem random and out of place.
I still stand by all the complaints I had with the map last time: I appreciate the use of texture but it doesn't look very good in my opinion - It needs to be blended more. And the map still feels way too empty.
This update didn't change the overall feel of the map at all. It still looks the same and unfortunately I'm not a fan of it.
-=+=-
From the very first version of the Map I've improved it by:
-=+=-
- Changing the middle twice (1st time removing bridge and adding more rocks, 2nd time removed the middle rock and placed a well)
- Added petals around the border of the Map on leaves going all around the border.
- Moved the trees around more to cover some more space without disrupting PvP.
- Added 4 tulip-style flowers in the Map without disrupting PvP.
- Complete re-paint of the entire Map (making the natural flowers move around a bit)
- Added more bushes around the edge of the Map to take up some more space without disrupting PvP.
- Added benches all around the Map (including middle) to add some more scenery and without disrupting PvP.
- Removed the clay on the ground around the bottom of the trees and replaced them with 3 pink carpet per tree.
- Small farms have been added in around the Map to improve the scenery and fill up more space without disrupting PvP.
-=+=-
A lot more has changed than you think from the very first version of this Map, but it's not "very" noticeable as I'd like to stick to the same idea/theme of the Map and try not to change the whole view and construction of it whilst trying to meet the criteria to the standards expected off of Trenly.
-=+=-

Trenly

Admin
Admin
iiJam covered most of it. The only other thing I have to add is that the "Tulip style flowers" dont really add to the map. From the ground they look like really weird trees with green trunks. The flowers on the border also are just bland, and the vines are only 1 block thick which makes them look even more unnatural. Im sorry, but this map is still declined.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
What's the point of having a well in a lake, the point of a well is to get water..... Plus there is no way to get to the well.
You do realise that not every well is used in the world. It's to add in some more scenery in the Map instead of it being dull and bland. I quite like it and so do a variety of players I've asked, so I'm keeping it.
Oh... and if you want to talk about getting to it in Minecraft... lily pads are logical, Parkour across on those.

Last edited:

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
-=+=-
UPDATED SCREENSHOTS:
-=+=-
- Widened the vines out a little bit so it doesn't look derpy.
- Added glass panes to the petals on the border to make them look less plain and bland.
- Added flower heads onto the vines to give them a bit more colour.
- Added bee heads onto the petals to improve the look of them even more.
- Replaced the 4 tulip flowers with Japanese-style pillars.
- Added rock spikes around the Map to improve the "space" issue.
- Elevated some of the land around the edge of the Map to improve the "space" issue.
- Slight re-paint of the floor so each spot is bigger to help with the transition between the different shades of blocks.
-=+=-
I hope you like the new improvements that have been made! If you still have some problems with the Map, make sure to comment them and I'll make sure to read and consider them. :)
-=+=-

Last edited:

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
The benches seem odd and out of place now.
No one is ever happy... x'D
Any ideas on what could replace the benches...?
The benches don't even get in the way much... :p

Last edited:
i think its pretty good, Keep on the work sam! You never know what could happen, you may become HELPER, i think you would make a great one! kinda like MineJam...

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
i think its pretty good, Keep on the work sam! You never know what could happen, you may become HELPER, i think you would make a great one! kinda like MineJam...
Umm, that would be nice but... I don't see how becoming a Helper can evolve from a 1v1 Arena. :p

Umm, that would be nice but... I don't see how becoming a Helper can evolve from a 1v1 Arena. :p
well Most people that would take some time out of their day to make a 1v1 map is likely to get a reward, Now I'm not talking like build a small 1v1 map and get HELPER, im saying it as, if you make a map for the server to use if you apply you are gonna have a more likely chance to get accepted.

joexxx6

well Most people that would take some time out of their day to make a 1v1 map is likely to get a reward, Now I'm not talking like build a small 1v1 map and get HELPER, im saying it as, if you make a map for the server to use if you apply you are gonna have a more likely chance to get accepted.

That won't help him get Helper.....

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I've gotten 10 Maps accepted on HHG and I know that it hasn't helped me get any closer to getting Helper, it's made the Owner appreciate me more for making Maps for the Server but his opinions on my applications will stay the same no matter what.

well OK this evolved over You not accepting a good compliment can we just SHUT UP and you appreciate the fact that i complimented your creation?

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I really don't know what to say. The vines on the wall really dont add anything and the flowers still look odd on them. The Japanese pillars just seem kinda thrown there and don't really do anything . They don't add a lot of the detail that things like the farms added. The rocks outside the pond just look out of place.

Im sorry, but this map has been declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.