• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

A Serious Post

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Today I wanted to share a story with you guys, and hopefully encourage some of you who may be struggling with things.

Today, February 16th, is my younger brother's birthday, or would be. When I was 16 (he was 12) he took his own life. This was nearly 5 years ago, but I want to share the story with people to have a positive impact on others!

It is so sad for me to hear people struggling with depression and pain. There is a lot of it in the world. I'm so thankful for the HHG community as it's often a place people can retreat to and find friends and ignore the pain of the world around them.

Guys, let me tell you, I have struggled with depression. I have felt worthless and like there was no one in the world who would ever love me. But I have also had my best friend take his life... and felt the loneliness from that. To every single person who may read this post- You are worthwhile! Even if you don't think anyone loves you, your worth is NOT determined by other people. No matter what they think, you are amazing!

If you focus on what could lay ahead of you, what you can do with your life, and if you work to be a good friend to others... you will find meaning in your life that you didn't have before! Before you can have friends, you need to be a good friend. I LOVE HHG, and there are SO many people I have met and interacted with over the past year.

Thank you guys for being so amazing! Don't let insecure bullies bring you down. Don't let your doubts about yourself bring you down. If you focus on what you can become and on being a blessing to others around you... NOTHING can bring you down!! :)

ImTea

Retired Staff
Today I wanted to share a story with you guys, and hopefully encourage some of you who may be struggling with things.

Today, February 16th, is my younger brother's birthday, or would be. When I was 16 (he was 12) he took his own life. This was nearly 5 years ago, but I want to share the story with people to have a positive impact on others!

It is so sad for me to hear people struggling with depression and pain. There is a lot of it in the world. I'm so thankful for the HHG community as it's often a place people can retreat to and find friends and ignore the pain of the world around them.

Guys, let me tell you, I have struggled with depression. I have felt worthless and like there was no one in the world who would ever love me. But I have also had my best friend take his life... and felt the loneliness from that. To every single person who may read this post- You are worthwhile! Even if you don't think anyone loves you, your worth is NOT determined by other people. No matter what they think, you are amazing!

If you focus on what could lay ahead of you, what you can do with your life, and if you work to be a good friend to others... you will find meaning in your life that you didn't have before! Before you can have friends, you need to be a good friend. I LOVE HHG, and there are SO many people I have met and interacted with over the past year.

Thank you guys for being so amazing! Don't let insecure bullies bring you down. Don't let your doubts about yourself bring you down. If you focus on what you can become and on being a blessing to others around you... NOTHING can bring you down!! :)
Thanks Bach :)

Ida_0611

Trusted Member

Omg I'm not even lying right now.. But I'm crying

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff

Jesus, so you had it too then? My friend hung himself December 2013, and it really did affect me. You can call me heartless, but I was more angry at him than sad as he was 24 and had 2 kids, and a wife. They had seen him go through depression but just before he did commit suicide he said that he would never do that to his wife a couple of days before, and then went back on it all by killing himself with his oldest son finding him in his garage... I was sad, but much more angry that he went back on something which would affect all his family for the rest of their lives, and that he had done it so that it showed the clear intention that he hated the world, and that they had failed with all the support they gave him, as well as the horrors they still endure.

But yeah, Bach is completely right. I didn't let myself down because of what had happened, it was more buffed out with anger over what happened. But no matter what, you're always worthwhile, don't let something make you think that there is no point carrying on. Also, im sure that there will always be someone in the world that at least cares about you, even if you think that there really isn't.

Last edited:

Unitus

Retired Staff
“If you want to show me that you really love me, don’t say that you would die for me, instead stay alive for me.” - Unknown

This quote brings out the reality of life, take this for yourself, and if someone who has ever thought of suicide, and is reading this, remember the aforementioned quote and take it for yourself, god loves you, and so many other people out there. Believe in yourself, you can do it.

"Inspire yourself, get up, wake up, and be blessed, and go hard, and never stop, and never surrender, and never give up"
- DJ Khaled

MissDark

Retired Staff

This post seriously touched me in ways you'll never understand. I have had a friend commit suicide before and it was the worst feeling after, like a vice grip on my heart. It stung so badly, and it pushed me into a deep, dark depression. Depression is a scary place. It can make you feel worthless, ugly, hated. If someone would have told me this back when I was in a depression, maybe I wouldn't have been in it for as long as I was. The most important thing you and/or others can tell yourself is, as Bach said, You are worthwhile! You'll be okay! And the truth is, you will be okay. Life goes on, changes occur, life gets better as you go on. So I urge everyone contemplating suicide, Don't do it! You are worth so much more then that, you are Beautiful. Amazing. Unique. You are you. There is nobody in the world that ever will be like you. So take it this way. You are a rarity to the world. You are special. If you die, there is not another one like you! So please don't die, there's only one of you, and will never be another person like you!

And Happy Birthday to your brother, Bach! <3

BuyALife

Well, something similar happened to me. But, with all my family. My mom, dad, 3sisters and my brother passed away a while ago. People started bullying me because of that. I was in depression, I had anxiety, I also started cutting myself. I even considered suicide a couple times. The bullying went too far and began to hurt my emotions and my mind. People still bully me, but even though I want to get over it. I still don't know how I will get over it but, my "online friends" have actually helped me alot! :)

andrew louie

QUOTES:
1. Some people come in your life as blessings, others come in as lessons
2. Missing someone is your heart's way of reminding you love them
_Bach_ I feel very sorry for you, my prayers and blessing go out to you and your brother :(

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Jesus, so you had it too then? My friend hung himself December 2013, and it really did affect me. You can call me heartless, but I was more angry at him than sad as he was 24 and had 2 kids, and a wife. They had seen him go through depression but just before he did commit suicide he said that he would never do that to his wife a couple of days before, and then went back on it all by killing himself with his oldest son finding him in his garage... I was sad, but much more angry that he went back on something which would affect all his family for the rest of their lives, and that he had done it so that it showed the clear intention that he hated the world, and that they had failed with all the support they gave him, as well as the horrors they still endure.

But yeah, Bach is completely right. I didn't let myself down because of what had happened, it was more buffed out with anger over what happened. But no matter what, you're always worthwhile, don't let something make you think that there is no point carrying on. Also, im sure that there will always be someone in the world that at least cares about you, even if you think that there really isn't.
And also in case you weren't there before this happened, which is a good chance you weren't. This is what turned me into the twisted, angry person that I was that only wanted to argue to everyone about everything, I guess I was in a way depressed, but I took it out on other people, and rage took over what I was really, it may sound corny but it is true... Truly I wasn't very nice to anyone for about 1.5 years, and have probably dissed all of you at one point, which I may or may not have apologised for, which if not I feel its a good idea to apologise for whatever I may have done if I did do something, the numbers are countless.

Bonnilicious

All I can say here is thanks. Thanks for reminding me what I used to be. I'm glad I left my old self way long ago. I wasn't a cutter, thank goodness, in fact I didn't even have any severe case of depression. I just thought a lot I guess, and that saved me from much more trouble. :D I would chat more, but even I think that the story is for another time. Long story short, thanks everyone for being the best community I have crossed paths with. Just goes to show you that friends can come in mysterious ways. ;)

Majorconnor10

Sorry for your loss.

P.S. Literally that was the most well thought out thing I have read in a long time. #Welldone_Bach_