• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Kit PvP A more accurate Top 100

ImTea

Retired Staff
I've seen a few comments about wanting one of these, and was wondering if we could do this. We can keep ranks and whatnot, but just add in another type of ranking that isn't gained from time played, but by matches won.

A lot of people will think Elo. Obviously Elo is the most widely accepted ranking system for top PvP servers. This could be an option, though there are many ways that you could define skill. We could have a Best At: Leaderboard instead of a Top 100:, giving all players a chance, or keep the Top 100 but change the way you get there.

Obviously we can't go by kdr, because that is easily farmable by using better kits. As of now I think we use exp, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the same thing as kdr farming. So how exactly would we do this? We can't separate players because this will just change the whole playing field so to say, and will most likely make it more complicated.

What I was thinking is something along the lines of a CSGo styled system. It starts simply, almost exactly like Elo. If you get a kill, you gain points, if you die, you lose points. These points can range from 1-100. How do we decide who gets these points?

Biggest Factor- Who has more of these points? If a player with 500 points dies to a player with 1000 points, the lower skilled player would gain a percentage (25%?) more than a 1000 point player killing a 100 point player.

Next Biggest Factor- How many hits vs. Times hit. Basically, if I die to you, but I hit you 50 times, and you hit me 25 times, you would gain a percentage (25%?) LESS than if I only hit you 25 times and you hit me 25 times.

Other factors- Almost anything, the crit/non crit ratio, the over-usag of soups, (aka using a soup when only down half a heart), % of time during the fight when your cross hair was on the enemy, etc.

I know that this is complicated, but even if not used on HHG, I just thought it would be a great thing to share, and see what others think. Thanks for reading! Let !e know your suggestions/tweaks below.

Mayonaizze

Trusted Member
I've seen a few comments about wanting one of these, and was wondering if we could do this. We can keep ranks and whatnot, but just add in another type of ranking that isn't gained from time played, but by matches won.

A lot of people will think Elo. Obviously Elo is the most widely accepted ranking system for top PvP servers. This could be an option, though there are many ways that you could define skill. We could have a Best At: Leaderboard instead of a Top 100:, giving all players a chance, or keep the Top 100 but change the way you get there.

Obviously we can't go by kdr, because that is easily farmable by using better kits. As of now I think we use exp, correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the same thing as kdr farming. So how exactly would we do this? We can't separate players because this will just change the whole playing field so to say, and will most likely make it more complicated.

What I was thinking is something along the lines of a CSGo styled system. It starts simply, almost exactly like Elo. If you get a kill, you gain points, if you die, you lose points. These points can range from 1-100. How do we decide who gets these points?

Biggest Factor- Who has more of these points? If a player with 500 points dies to a player with 1000 points, the lower skilled player would gain a percentage (25%?) more than a 1000 point player killing a 100 point player.

Next Biggest Factor- How many hits vs. Times hit. Basically, if I die to you, but I hit you 50 times, and you hit me 25 times, you would gain a percentage (25%?) LESS than if I only hit you 25 times and you hit me 25 times.

Other factors- Almost anything, the crit/non crit ratio, the over-usag of soups, (aka using a soup when only down half a heart), % of time during the fight when your cross hair was on the enemy, etc.

I know that this is complicated, but even if not used on HHG, I just thought it would be a great thing to share, and see what others think. Thanks for reading! Let !e know your suggestions/tweaks below.
This is an amazing idea, since the top 20ish people in PvP play a lot or use OP kits a lot. Tbh, if this was added, I'd play pvp more often.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
That's not a bad idea, but unfortunately it's not that easy to implement a system made for ARENA PVP SERVERS (Such as BadLion), in Kit PvP servers where the mechanics are completely different. Therefore, it would still happen the same thing even if I added your suggested Elo system (Players with OP Kits but with less skills than others that don't use op kits would dominate leader-boards because of they can kill faster and do more damage to other kits.) However, I really like the idea of having a leader-board based of player's skill and not exp/kills so in the next update I'm working on where teams, 2vs2 and 3vs3 system will be added to Kit PvP, I plan making a new stat which is 1vs1 duels, 2vs2 duels and 3vs3 duels won. Furthermore, since in duels you are forced to use the same kit as your rival (Also a new option will be made so you can use more kits and not only challenge as long as both parties own the selected kit), it would be a fair new stat in where it would result in skilled players being in the top of this new leader-board rather than people with op kits, hopefully.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
I think the crosshair thing would be a bit hard to code (possible, though, w/ block iterations) and the hit is a bit unnecessary, I think it'd be better if (their points / your points) * 10 and certain kits reduced it.

EDIT: dangit zain by a few seconds

Mayonaizze

Trusted Member
That's not a bad idea, but unfortunately it's not that easy to implement a system made for ARENA PVP SERVERS (Such as BadLion), in Kit PvP servers where the mechanics are completely different. Therefore, it would still happen the same thing even if I added your suggested Elo system (Players with OP Kits but with less skills than others that don't use op kits would dominate leader-boards because of they can kill faster and do more damage to other kits.) However, I really like the idea of having a leader-board based of player's skill and not exp/kills so in the next update I'm working on where teams, 2vs2 and 3vs3 system will be added to Kit PvP, I plan making a new stat which is 1vs1 duels, 2vs2 duels and 3vs3 duels won. Furthermore, since in duels you are forced to use the same kit as your rival (Also a new option will be made so you can use more kits and not only challenge as long as both parties own the selected kit), it would be a fair new stat in where it would result in skilled players being in the top of this new leader-board rather than people with op kits, hopefully.

Yay! Hope to see that update one day! :D

ImTea

Retired Staff
I get what you mean. I never said it was gonna be easy, but I thought it'd be cool to share. Thanks to everyone for the feedback so far :p

Tuut

Trusted Member
YES DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT. ELMO WILL LOVE YOU 5EVER IF U DO IT YAAAAAAAAAS

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
cool fantastic idea!

And I'm really looking forward to those 2v2 and 3v3 and I think it will be a huge success.

Last edited: