• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Kit PvP Ranked 1v1

TrashcanTristan

So recently since I've been back... To me PvP has begun to get somewhat stale just like anything after you do it for a long time. I figured I'd come up with a few ideas that would personally spice up the experience in HHGs PvP from my taste and of what I'm used to. I feel like I should preface this before I get into the details, but this is in no way trying to make the actual gamemode of KitPvP transform into a full on competitive mode to potentially scare away newer members, rather hopefully motivate members such as myself to dedicate more time into it while at the same time giving the newer members the opportunity to continue the regular PvP and Duels or to play this:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
RANKED 1v1
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

So the idea of having a ranked duel in HHG stemmed from the already implemented duel option. Rather than having a multitude of kits to choose from that both players have unlocked - as well as being able to choose multiple arenas... Ranked would consist of only the class of Warrior and perhaps only the Chinese (Small) map as it gives off the vibe of what a 1v1 arena should be. Every player would start at the default.. I guess we can call it the generic ELO of 1000 and perhaps a cap would be somewhere in the 1600-1800s.. Self explanatory, but the higher the ELO you have the more you lose when you lose in a 1v1 (as well as the less you earn upon winning) and vice versa.. You win more if you are a lower ELO. Max ELO earned upon a win could be somewhere in the 20s-30s just starting out and the lowest obviously could be 1-2.

As stated earlier on, the idea is similar to the already implemented Duels option... That being said, an item of your choosing could be added to everyone's inventory with the title being "Ranked" and a lore of your choosing as well. Upon right clicking a player, a similar message will be displayed on the players screen as in regular duels indicating the opponents current ELO.

For the website, a simple tab stating Ranked 1v1s will display the top 100 of members with the highest-lowest ELO (Wins and Losses will also be displayed).. Perhaps the top 5 players will receive some sort of chest as this leaderboard will reset monthly so players can/will continue to play it and strive to be at the top of the leaderboard without an unfair advantage of playtime.

A common argument for this implementation would be something along the lines of "But the current duels system was added for a purpose similar to this". Well, my viewpoints of the current regular duels system HHG has going is that it can serve as an unranked system to this ranked system I had schemed out. If players like it or dislike it is for them to decide, that being said... I'd like to see everyone's thoughts on this idea and if you have anything else to add - feel free to. I have more ideas that I am planning on posting later on when they progress farther, I just felt this was the easiest to add and won't change any core features in the actual KitPvP mode and the players who would like more of an incentive to play could do this outside of the arena or regular duels.​

TrashcanTristan

The majority is at least.. As I stated in the post, KitPvP isn’t an overly competitive game mode - or wasn’t intended to be that is.

Chickenrage249

I wouldn’t be able to PvP properly if it were to save my life. So that’s why I always use Shadow in PvP now. I just love it when the noobs start hackusating me. They keel saying that I’m usibg invis and strength hacks. I have 3 problems that aren’t allowing me to PvP properly: 1 being I use a touch keyboard mouse, and not a proper mouse. 2 being I don’t have a PC that is good for running games and 3 my wifi is absolutely crap

TrashcanTristan

I wouldn’t be able to PvP properly if it were to save my life. So that’s why I always use Shadow in PvP now. I just love it when the noobs start hackusating me. They keel saying that I’m usibg invis and strength hacks. I have 3 problems that aren’t allowing me to PvP properly: 1 being I use a touch keyboard mouse, and not a proper mouse. 2 being I don’t have a PC that is good for running games and 3 my wifi is absolutely crap
Yeah I used to run on a toaster PC, but there were always a few solutions to my frame problems back then. A couple being low-res packs, increasing allocated RAM, setting priority to high, using OptiFine, closing background processes, etc. There's a plethora of methods to try and increase frames in Minecraft, but then again some PCs just aren't meant for semi-heavy games in general. Wish you luck. Anyway, yeah Ranked 1v1 wouldn't consist of Shadow the way I envisioned it.

SakiMaruXD

I look forward to this being implemented, though I see several issues.
  • "ELO" is not an abbreviation, hence should be written "Elo".
  • Elo is typically used for clearly defined zero-sum games - most notably, chess.
  • If players can choose who to fight, a mid-skilled player could simply grind to max. Elo against low skilled players.
  • The suggested map has a low fence around the central area which people can be hit over.
  • Players would have a more consistent fighting experience if they were limited to fighting people within 50ms of their ping.
  • Some video games kick players if their ping spikes. Maybe repeated ping spiking should result in a draw?
  • Currently the anticheat sometimes kicks legitimate players. Being kicked should result in a draw.
  • Staff could occasionally spectate fights to see if anyone is cheating.

TrashcanTristan

I look forward to this being implemented, though I see several issues.
  • "ELO" is not an abbreviation, hence should be written "Elo".
  • Elo is typically used for clearly defined zero-sum games - most notably, chess.
  • If players can choose who to fight, a mid-skilled player could simply grind to max. Elo against low skilled players.
  • The suggested map has a low fence around the central area which people can be hit over.
  • Players would have a more consistent fighting experience if they were limited to fighting people within 50ms of their ping.
  • Some video games kick players if their ping spikes. Maybe repeated ping spiking should result in a draw?
  • Currently the anticheat sometimes kicks legitimate players. Being kicked should result in a draw.
  • Staff could occasionally spectate fights to see if anyone is cheating.
As HHGs PvP player base has severely decreased since this post and prior the the post actually, the ideas mentioned above by me and you would only work if people actually got on and used the mechanic. I did leave most of the aesthetic work to be done by the developer(s) as it simply wasn’t my job to write anything out, however I appreciate the input on completely irrelevant information.... But as stated, it would require a player base to even be worth adding in, so I really couldn’t care less on if it is implemented anymore. Have a good day.