• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Skyblock New Perks & Rewards

_Bach_

Retired Staff
I have been playing a lot more skyblock recently, and its been basically since 2015 when Skyblock began that I had seriously played. I have enjoyed lots of the new challenges and rewards they offer. There are a couple new ideas I have for the gamemode that could enhance it.

1. Add /skull as a perk that can be found in legendary treasure chests. Having the ability to have your own skull on your island or a roster of your island players by your spawn would be really cool. To stop it from flooding the head market, you could limit it to ~5 skulls per 24 hours.

2. Add the ability to smelt golden chestplates for gold ingots just like gold swords and golden helmets. I find plenty of them inside loot chests in the nether and have no use for them. Most players in the nether would probably have at least iron gear at that point in time too. So, these are effectively useless right now. Maybe making each chestplate worth 2 gold ingots would make it worth carrying back.

3. Add some more challenges. Some challenges could be more intense for late-game players, and there are several custom recipes which could be worked into some neat challenges. Some examples:
- Fully Covered- Create a platform that covers the entire available island space (105 x 105)
Reward: 1 Beacon and 20 iron blocks
- Frozen- Collect the following frozen items: 64 ice blocks, 32 snow layer, 128 snow blocks
Reward: 32 packed ice blocks, 10 emeralds
- Banner Crafter- Create 12 different banner designs
Reward: 1 creeper head, 1 notch apple, and 1 wither skull
- Brick Mason- Craft 128 brick blocks
Reward: 64 clay, 128 smooth stone blocks
- Horse Armorer- Collect 10 saddles, 5 iron horse armor, 3 gold horse armor and 1 diamond horse armor
Reward: 1 spawn horse egg, 2 leads

Hope these suggestions are at least somewhat helpful and are able to help make skyblock more enjoyable for those that play it! :) Would love some feedback and improvements.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I disagree with #1 as it is possible to find your own skull in Treasure Hunter, and there is access to /hdb at /warp market

I agree with #2, although 2 ingots might be OP. Perhaps 2 nuggets would be better especially since they can spawn naturally on zombies

I think that #3 is okay, although I don't particularly like the idea of "Fully Covered" or "Banner Crafter".

_Bach_

Retired Staff
1. Through HDB, you cannot have access to your own skull. Although you can get your own skull through treasure hunter, I think the /skull perk could still be cool.

2. Nuggets might work fine too. I was debating whether to suggest ingots or nuggets.

3. Why don't you like fully covered or banner crafter? Especially the banner crafter because banners are not widely used on skyblock. Perhaps the rewards and amount of banners could change, but I think using banners is a creative idea for a challenge.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I don't like banner crafter or fully covered just because they both seem a bit menial, and not really like a challenge. I understand that may be because I have a high level island, but even thinking back to when I was lower level I believe I would still felt the same. Covering an entire layer can be done pretty easily and is not worth a beacon in my opinion, and similarly banners are cheap and easy and not worth a notch apple. Also, now that I think about it, "Frozen" is similar to "Snow Farm"

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Alright, I will admit covering the entire island could be menial. I'm okay throwing that one out.

The banners can be made easily, so reduce the rewards. It could be a fun early quest. I see no reason why that wouldn't be a good quest for newer skyblock players. The rewards could be sheep eggs or something simpler for starting players.

Finally, frozen is similar to snow farm. However, snow farm is 10 snow golems, and this quest has ice and physical snow blocks. It also has packed ice as a cool reward which would be exclusive.