• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
-=+=-
Hello! Welcome to Western! This Map is a Super Craft Brothers Brawl Map that goes deep into the theme and detail of the Wild West theme. This Map was mainly built in honour of iiJam's retirement as Head-Builder as he mentioned in a previous Forum Thread that one of his favourite themes is a Wild Western theme.
-=+=-
Info:
- Map Built By: SamThePugMC & EPICMATT88
- Spawn Points: 4 (marked out with beacons)
- Found at: Happy HG Creative /p v SamThePugMC 18
-=+=-
Screenshots:

2017-08-05_22.29.36.png

2017-08-05_22.29.42.png

2017-08-05_22.29.48.png

2017-08-05_22.29.57.png

2017-08-05_22.30.06.png

2017-08-05_22.30.37.png

2017-08-05_22.31.00.png

2017-08-05_22.31.06.png

2017-08-05_22.31.11.png

2017-08-05_22.31.17.png

2017-08-05_22.31.22.png

2017-08-05_22.31.28.png

2017-08-05_22.31.33.png

2017-08-05_22.31.50.png

-=+=-
That's it from SamThePugMC & EPICMATT88. We hope you like this Map and want it to be added to Happy HG. Thanks for taking your time to look at the thread. Enjoy your day!

~ SamThePugMC & EPICMATT88
-=+=-

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
The buildings seem pretty nice. But do they have interiors? You should include interior screenshots of maps that have interiors in the future.
You've used texture which is nice. I'm not sure about the end stone though.
The railway track could be better in my opinion, but it's alright.
And also, probably my biggest complain is that around the edges of the map, it looks like it just drops straight off. (It doesn't obviously, because there is a smoothed bottom to it, but you can't see that from the top) but closer to the edges, I think the blocks should start to drop off slightly, so the edges look more rounded and don't just drop straigjt off (I think we did that in the Skyblock pvp island, I can't quite remmeber)

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
The buildings seem pretty nice. But do they have interiors? You should include interior screenshots of maps that have interiors in the future.
You've used texture which is nice. I'm not sure about the end stone though.
The railway track could be better in my opinion, but it's alright.
And also, probably my biggest complain is that around the edges of the map, it looks like it just drops straight off. (It doesn't obviously, because there is a smoothed bottom to it, but you can't see that from the top) but closer to the edges, I think the blocks should start to drop off slightly, so the edges look more rounded and don't just drop straigjt off (I think we did that in the Skyblock pvp island, I can't quite remmeber)
I'll definitely make sure to round off the edges of the island itself, is Trenly allowed to wait until I do that before reviewing the Map? Interior could be included but there won't be much room inside the buildings anyway so I doubt players will actually go inside them. If anyone has any suggestions on what to replace the end stone to, that would be highly appreciated. Thanks for your comments! :D

youngfloppa

in real life train tracks are either straight or they bend round, they don't swerve left to right. About your texturing, maybe add a little more birch around the buildings to show more people have trodden it down there.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
in real life train tracks are either straight or they bend round, they don't swerve left to right. About your texturing, maybe add a little more birch around the buildings to show more people have trodden it down there.
Me and EPICMATT88 will change the shape of the railway track and I don't watch Grian to know what you mean by the style of the buildings... =/

youngfloppa

What we like is new styles of building and new themes of maps, the same old rustic gets a bit boring and repetitive.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
I don't know why you guys didn't tell us u didn't like the buildings and tracks in the first place so we can get the renovations done ready for the 2.0 thread. Also tbh what style of building other than rustic can we do in a old western, desert environment? (If the rustic building theme is overused then how come it's the main style by the build team on HHGN?) All of this can be done and renovated but please guys make my life easier and tell me everything that's wrong the first time we post it.

youngfloppa

I don't know why you guys didn't tell us u didn't like the buildings and tracks in the first place so we can get the renovations done ready for the 2.0 thread. Also tbh what style of building other than rustic can we do in a old western, desert environment? (If the rustic building theme is overused then how come it's the main style by the build team on HHGN?) All of this can be done and renovated but please guys make my life easier and tell me everything that's wrong the first time we post it.
About the rustic; we are trying to add maps to have more unique themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.