• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Accepted Frosty Forest - A 1v1 PVP map by EPICMATT88 and EWB_ALEX88

Should this map be added?

• Yes! (as is)

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Maybe if you change this... (list what needs to be fixed)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No thanks :p

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Hello HHGN players,
--------------------------
Today we I am back to share another map, this time for Kit PVP 1v1 arenas. As you can see the map is put in a snowy setting, where there are trees, logs, a frozen lake, and a cozy igloo to fight in or around; all comfortably surrounded with snowy mountains.

We hope you enjoy the map, and if not then we are willing to fix it to get it on the server!
--------------------------
-EPICMATT88 and EWB_ALEX88
(The map can be found on EWB_ALEX88's plot)

2017-08-02_22.13.35.png
2017-08-02_22.14.08.png
2017-08-02_22.14.37.png
2017-08-02_22.14.53.png
2017-08-02_22.16.14.png
2017-08-02_22.15.30.png

joexxx6

It's really good, but there is already a kit pvp 1v1 map with this theme. Also, the map is called frosty forest however there aren't many trees in the map. What I can see of the igloo is it only has one entrance which would let one player trap the other player in the house. I will check out the plot in-game and see if there's anything else that could be improved, but for now, apart from the points I have stated, this map is looking pretty good.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
-=+=-
- The igloo is lovely, lots of space inside for PvP.
- Some of the log bundles are a bit derpy with the heads on the sides, maybe put them on the top of the logs instead...?
- The ice spikes really help the Map out a lot, they're very nice and sharp.
- Although I agree with TheSpeedyTurtle_ about the amount of trees being few, the ones I can see really go with the theme and look nice in the snowy environment.
- The paths/rocks are nice, good block palette used for the Map, very nice and smooth.
- The border is great! I love how natural it feels!
- The layers of snow you've added in as well are perfection and is an amazing touch to the Map itself.
-=+=-
All in all I really do like this Map and I truly hope it gets accepted! :D
-=+=-

joexxx6

After looking at the map in-game the igloo DOES have 2 entrances (I couldn't tell this from the screenshots) which is good. I like the shape of the border, however maybe you could add cyan clay into it to give it a variety of shades and not only the old boring stone shade.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
-=+=-
- The igloo is lovely, lots of space inside for PvP.
- Some of the log bundles are a bit derpy with the heads on the sides, maybe put them on the top of the logs instead...?
- The ice spikes really help the Map out a lot, they're very nice and sharp.
- Although I agree with TheSpeedyTurtle_ about the amount of trees being few, the ones I can see really go with the theme and look nice in the snowy environment.
- The paths/rocks are nice, good block palette used for the Map, very nice and smooth.
- The border is great! I love how natural it feels!
- The layers of snow you've added in as well are perfection and is an amazing touch to the Map itself.
-=+=-
All in all I really do like this Map and I truly hope it gets accepted! :D
-=+=-
With the random heads sticking out of logs they are supposed to represent cut off branches and I thought it would be a good way for more detail. And the title is no big deal I can change it if needed, I just thought "frosty forest" sounded nice.
After looking at the map in-game the igloo DOES have 2 entrances (I couldn't tell this from the screenshots) which is good. I like the shape of the border, however maybe you could add cyan clay into it to give it a variety of shades and not only the old boring stone shade.
Yeah the igloo has 2 entrances. I'm reluctant to add cyan cause I feel it will make the mountains less jagged, but if it needs to be done I may.
I really like it!! Its prob gonna get in ;) but for ur next map make a skywars one ;)
perhaps

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I like the theme overall, but there are just a few minor things that should be changed. The whole map has a nice feel, and while we do already have a winter themed arena this one is a bit smaller and still is well made. The igloo looks nice, except for the stone chimney coming out of it. I understand that igloos *can* have fires in them, but in minecraft it just seems unnatural. I think something other than the fireplace would fit the map better. With all the logs and stone lying around, it also feels like the person who lives in the igloo could have just as easily built a house. I think if the igloo was improved a little bit it would make the map a whole lot better. Other than that I see nothing that isn't great!

Just change those few things and then the map will be accepted! Pm me when finished!

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
We will see what we can do! I will get on that after I get free time off of the competition, EWB_ALEX88 may be able to start touching up sooner. We will decide on if the igloo will stay or be replaced by a house that also matches the theme.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
We will see what we can do! I will get on that after I get free time off of the competition, EWB_ALEX88 may be able to start touching up sooner. We will decide on if the igloo will stay or be replaced by a house that also matches the theme.
sounds great!